User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhoblow View Post

Oh.... you DO know that the guy in your avatar is gay, don't you? One of your Portland friends? Oh, dang.... it could be YOU! Sorry.
You would know...... :thumbsup:
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
You would know...... :thumbsup:
That's right. When you're as good looking as I am, you have to develop a highly sensitive "gaydar." I can spot them a mile away.... and keep them there! It is also known that they tend to follow us around on websites "hinting" about their passions.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
That's right. When you're as good looking as I am, you have to develop a highly sensitive "gaydar." I can spot them a mile away.... and keep them there! It is also known that they tend to follow us around on websites "hinting" about their passions.
Don't you have a job or did you get fired again for cruising the pickleparks ????

and before you post...... we only booked a couple of local runs for today and tomorrow.... the trucks will be in the yard from wednesday til monday am..............
Old 11-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Don't you have a job or did you get fired again for cruising the pickleparks ????

and before you post...... we only booked a couple of local runs for today and tomorrow.... the trucks will be in the yard from wednesday til monday am..............

All you could find, eh? :rofl:

You gonna take half the week off and hope to win the lottery like Fredog?

Yeah, BD. I got a job (again.) It HAS been a rough year for me, but it is ending on a good note.

As you know, my company went under around July 1st. Then I went to work for a cheap azz crook of an O/O for awhile making percentage of load. What a crock!

Now I'm a linehaul butthead driver of wiggle wagons for a well known company. Guaranteed miles. Sundays and Mondays off (football special!) Direct deposit... the same amount EVERY week. Easiest job I EVER had! I go to sleep in NC and wake up in KY every morning. All I gotta do is drive my ass back home! :lol:

Salary raise of 1/3rd of what I was making for my first 3 years. Should be able to pay for my own hookers now!

And, yeah... I DO get to come home most nights if I want to, but only for a few hours. Just long enough to post on CAD and make it look like I'm unemployed!

Drive about 8.5 hrs/day, work 10. Log it legal. (well.... sort of.)

Not bad for a rookie. But, I paid my dues OTR/team for 3 years. You don't get ahead in this business by wanting it ALL the first year! Of course.... you know that. That was for the noobies here.

I'm sure someday I'll get tired of seeing the same stretch of road everyday. But, for now... it's all about the money. By the end of next year, I should be completely out of debt. After that? Perhaps the mountains and prairies of the West will lure me back to OTR. A man can sit for hours and whittle if his bills are paid.

Biggest problem I have right now is, I miss the truckstop food! :lol: Maybe, I'll have to marry a cook again! NOT! :hellno:

Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! I get the day after off (which works for golfing,) and have to work Saturday. Same schedule for Christmas and New Year's. I can live with it. I'm getting paid. Other holidays that fall on a Friday or Monday will give me a 3 day weekend. Sweet!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
All you could find, eh? :rofl:

You gonna take half the week off and hope to win the lottery like Fredog?

Yeah, BD. I got a job (again.) It HAS been a rough year for me, but it is ending on a good note.

As you know, my company went under around July 1st. Then I went to work for a cheap azz crook of an O/O for awhile making percentage of load. What a crock!

Now I'm a linehaul butthead driver of wiggle wagons for a well known company. Guaranteed miles. Sundays and Mondays off (football special!) Direct deposit... the same amount EVERY week. Easiest job I EVER had! I go to sleep in NC and wake up in KY every morning. All I gotta do is drive my ass back home! :lol:

Salary raise of 1/3rd of what I was making for my first 3 years. Should be able to pay for my own hookers now!

And, yeah... I DO get to come home most nights if I want to, but only for a few hours. Just long enough to post on CAD and make it look like I'm unemployed!

Drive about 8.5 hrs/day, work 10. Log it legal. (well.... sort of.)

Not bad for a rookie. But, I paid my dues OTR/team for 3 years. You don't get ahead in this business by wanting it ALL the first year! Of course.... you know that. That was for the noobies here.

I'm sure someday I'll get tired of seeing the same stretch of road everyday. But, for now... it's all about the money. By the end of next year, I should be completely out of debt. After that? Perhaps the mountains and prairies of the West will lure me back to OTR. A man can sit for hours and whittle if his bills are paid.

Biggest problem I have right now is, I miss the truckstop food! :lol: Maybe, I'll have to marry a cook again! NOT! :hellno:

Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! I get the day after off (which works for golfing,) and have to work Saturday. Same schedule for Christmas and New Year's. I can live with it. I'm getting paid. Other holidays that fall on a Friday or Monday will give me a 3 day weekend. Sweet!
Sounds like a good gig.... :thumbsup:

You are not missing much in the OTR world right now..... We are fortunate to have the contracts we have right now.... can't imagine just working off the boards......

Why anyone misses truckstop food is beyond me.....
Old 11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Sounds like a good gig.... :thumbsup:

You are not missing much in the OTR world right now..... We are fortunate to have the contracts we have right now.... can't imagine just working off the boards......

Why anyone misses truckstop food is beyond me.....
Yes, I realize I have gotten lucky. Jobs are hard to find these days, and there are alot of drivers out of work with more experience than me.

My last year at the old company, things were getting slower and slower. Of course, we had lost a major contract, and were dependent on the boards and brokers. This is NOT a good situation to be in. Even Gman is talking about numbers that would have disgusted him a year ago!

The O/O I worked for briefly got most of his loads from C.H. Robinson. But, he only had a few trucks. Who is going to get the loads when they slow down? The guy with a few trucks... or the one with 30? I learned a valuable lesson there!

As for T/S food. It is not all that bad. I don't like to cook. When I was on the road for 5-6 days at a time, I needed to eat well. I can't live off of Wendy's or hotdogs. I like a good salad and a steak at least every other night. The salads kept me regular (which driving inhibits) and the steaks gave me protein to convert to energy. I refuse to get FAT like many truckers are! I've been out there for 3 years now, and I haven't gained a single pound! I didn't usually eat the buffet, but if I did, I RARELY get seconds.... so, I wasn't really getting my money's worth. Didn't matter. I pay for what I need. I NEEDED a balanced diet.

I've ridden with guys who lived off of baloney or ham sandwiches, with cheese and no lettuce, every day. I saw one quit to take a food service monkey job because he NEEDED to lose some weight. Sorry. I don't want to work that hard.

No, truckstop food is not as good as mom's... or even my ex-wife's. But, I'll take a sit down dinner at Petro or T/A anyday before I will live off of hamburgers. I alternate with a subway footlong every other day. I eat a Wendy's or Burger King about once a week because I LIKE them! If I had spent the last 3 years as a SOLO, things might have been different. But, driving team does not leave alot of room for cooking in the truck, nor the time.

I ate in the cafeteria while in High School and college. I ate at the mess hall while in the military. A truckstop buffet is not much different. Some of the food is not so tasty which is why I usually order a steak. But, we make sacrifices in life. I have chosen to sacrifice taste for nutrition.

What about you, BigD? Do you get to come home every night to your wife's excellent cooking? That would explain the BIG part. I gained 20 pounds the YEAR I was married! But, I have no cook at home anymore, so I eat BETTER on the road than I do at home.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The O/O I worked for briefly got most of his loads from C.H. Robinson. But, he only had a few trucks. Who is going to get the loads when they slow down? The guy with a few trucks... or the one with 30? I learned a valuable lesson there!
Hey Hobo. I've always wondered about the particulars that went down regarding working for that O/O. I knew that you were really into it going in, and then it all fell apart rather quickly. What all happened? There may be a few good lessons for folks contemplating working for an O/O?

Are you taking advantage of your increased Line 5 opportunities?

Old 11-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Hey Hobo. I've always wondered about the particulars that went down regarding working for that O/O. I knew that you were really into it going in, and then it all fell apart rather quickly. What all happened? There may be a few good lessons for folks contemplating working for an O/O?

Are you taking advantage of your increased Line 5 opportunities?
I'll tell you ALL about it if you'll kill at least one or two of those siglines! I had a puppy once, and I used to rub his nose in his own pee to teach him a lesson. He grew up and became my best friend.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I'll tell you ALL about it if you'll kill at least one or two of those siglines! I had a puppy once, and I used to rub his nose in his own pee to teach him a lesson. He grew up and became my best friend.
You gotta admit though.....it was a fun lesson.:clap:
Old 11-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Actually what it boils down to, are new drivers who come on here actually looking for GOOD advice, but then you end up with members who just like to give newbies a hard time, or give them scarcasm rather than give them usefull information. That is what kills boards like this. The 'super truckers' who think they are so good, they are above everyone else, and have no room for others opinions about anything.

They would rather see a thread started by a newbie asking a question, then make off-color remarks about their skill level or the company they work for rather than put forward a meaningfull constructive response. That is a shame.