User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Someone is rude to me, then i will be rude back. Remember that little gay 'golden rule', do unto others..blah blah blah. Rude to me, i'll be rude to you. I dont expect anybody to change their tune because of it, but i dont expect them to blame ME for them being rude to begin with.

I bet you're the kind of guy who would blame the cop for giving you a ticket for speeding because it wasnt your fault he set up that speed trap. Oh, and i could care less about that little red triangle. Someone going to give me 'tude, dont get all butt-hurt when i throw it back at ya, then blame ME for being 'the bad guy'.
Then quit whining like a little girl about it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

then how about you quit giving me shit about it then? i make a statement, and you gotta keep it going for the last 15 minutes. dont like me, i dont care. getting all upset will just make your blood pressure keep going up. I wont lose sleep because you aren't my friend.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
I know he "kinda sorta" retracted his position, but never fully admitted to being wrong. I'm not sure if he even thinks he was...
Well, you're CLOSE Rev. But, as usual.... not exactly. Um.... have I seen YOUR retraction yet on the .04 in a POV rule? Or the 14 hour violation after 8 hours in the sleeper if you take 10 off rule? No. I've seen lots of dodges and misdirections. Maybe, you should practice what you preach...REV.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Well, you're CLOSE Rev. But, as usual.... not exactly. Um.... have I seen YOUR retraction yet on the .04 in a POV rule? Or the 14 hour violation after 8 hours in the sleeper if you take 10 off rule? No. I've seen lots of dodges and misdirections. Maybe, you should practice what you preach...REV.
Let's forget the Rev for a moment GH. We don't want to get off track.............Do we? This is between us.

Are you willing to do the right thing? Or not? It really is that simple.
That way the new drivers that you so often refer to, will not view that thread and possibly go away with erroneous information that you so enthusiastically touted. Ball is in your court Hobo.

I won't even ask for a Yes or No. I'll just give you until midnight and will check the thread for your corrections. Or not. Simple as that.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Good one golf...

let me try another one on for size, Rev......try to follow along.....

The title for this section of the board is "New Truck Drivers Get Help Here". keywords here are NEW and HELP. Why do people on here feel it is their duty to look down on new drivers, or bash someone who is asking for help, then scratch their head why the newbie is throwing it back at them, then bitch about it.

This is a board for HELP and QUESTIONS. Got an opinion? Great....lets hear it. What newbies asking for help DONT want to hear is how STUPID they are or how BAD they must be.

I really like the member who tells everyone they dont like "YOU ARE GOING TO FAIL." I'm sure he has a mantle full of "Father of the Year" awards.

My question is simply this....if someone is on here for HELP, why tear them down with stupid remarks, and anything that isnt constructive?? If you dont have anything meaningfull to lend to the conversation, then just stick a sock in it.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Let's forget the Rev for a moment GH. We don't want to get off track.............Do we? This is between us.

Are you willing to do the right thing? Or not? It really is that simple.
That way the new drivers that you so often refer to, will not view that thread and possibly go away with erroneous information that you so enthusiastically touted. Ball is in your court Hobo.

I won't even ask for a Yes or No. I'll just give you until midnight and will check the thread for your corrections. Or not. Simple as that.

opcorn::lol2:
Old 11-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Not a problem GH! Just go back to the Alcohol and OTR thread.........state that you were wrong in no uncertain terms.......and give appropriate props to the poster(s) that were trying to give the correct info.

And the signatures go away.............
Well, Bel.... I can't agree to "no uncertain terms." I DID offer to go back and modify my posts in that thread once, but the Rev quashed that idea with his usual condescension.

I have told others that it was a mistake for me to listen to him and NOT go back and revisit that thread and my "position." Believe it or not, it HAS been weighing on my mind for months now.

I'll make you a deal. I don't think I have time tonight to deal with it, (you KNOW how windy I can be,) but I WILL this coming weekend. Cut me some slack this week and see what happens. If you don't like the results by next Monday night when I have to return to work, you can add the sigs back.

I understand your position on the matter. I understand your RIGHT to make fun of me if that's what trips your trigger. I don't think it speaks well for your character, but that's a different story. YOU applied for friendship status on my profile page. I consider you a friend. I don't beg for anything, but I AM asking you, as a friend. Lift your "sanctions" for a week, and I'll make time to do what I should have done long ago.

That's what is known as a "treaty." We both have to give a little.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
You gotta admit though.....it was a fun lesson.:clap:
Not for my puppy!

And when I realized how I had mistreated him, I learned a lesson.... and grew up a little. Believe it or not (coming from me,) there are things more important than being RIGHT.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Well, Bel.... I can't agree to "no uncertain terms." I DID offer to go back and modify my posts in that thread once, but the Rev quashed that idea with his usual condescension.

I have told others that it was a mistake for me to listen to him and NOT go back and revisit that thread and my "position." Believe it or not, it HAS been weighing on my mind for months now.

I'll make you a deal. I don't think I have time tonight to deal with it, (you KNOW how windy I can be,) but I WILL this coming weekend. Cut me some slack this week and see what happens. If you don't like the results by next Monday night when I have to return to work, you can add the sigs back.

I understand your position on the matter. I understand your RIGHT to make fun of me if that's what trips your trigger. I don't think it speaks well for your character, but that's a different story. YOU applied for friendship status on my profile page. I consider you a friend. I don't beg for anything, but I AM asking you, as a friend. Lift your "sanctions" for a week, and I'll make time to do what I should have done long ago.

That's what is known as a "treaty." We both have to give a little.
Done Hobo! I may be a bit forward, but I am always certainly negotiable and understanding.

No, I am not making fun of you GH. You did that to yourself in this case.
I only request that you don't "revisit" the subject. That has been done ad infinitum. Just make it right. No spin. That's all I ask.

Be careful out there this week!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:32 AM
Board Icon