User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Not sure about the school I am in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Since I'm not sure just who BBB is
My guess is The Better Business Bureau. :wink:
It is, but all you can do with them generally is post a complaint. And if the school is not a member....its a pointless action. The State of Missouri and its agencies are the ones to correct the issues, especially where "sanitation" and "classroom conditions" are concerned.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman
I think this should be a lesson to all us wannabe's and newbie's. Check out the school in person BEFORE you sign anything. If they will not let you come in and check out the facilities for yourself, move on. And $6k...holy cow! EviLynn, sounds like they should be paying you instead.
This is so true. I guess I was hoping things would get better, I am also desperate to make some money. I should never make decisions based on desperation. I sent a copy of my complaints to my lawyer AND one to the recruiter. I know someone here suggested I bring a digital camera but, I don't have one. I don't even have the money to buy one of those disposable ones. Like I said, I was/am desperate.

I really cannot afford anymore debt at this point. I am going to owe no matter what. I also don't want to step foot in that place again either. I couldn't sleep tonight because I made myself sick with worry about all of this.

I have read every suggestion here and I a weighing all of my options. I knew coming here would bring me a wealth of information and support. I just wish I would have spoken up sooner.

You should sticky this topic for other people looking for schools. I hope my mistake helps other people not do what I did.

I have my permit, they can't take that away from me. Not sure what to do from here.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:07 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
:shock: :shock: :shock: Her/His story reads like several disaster's in the making...and a report to the local BBB is needed!!
I'm a she and this is also why I have been trying to stick it out. Trying to prove something I guess. :sad:
Frankly Evylnn...I wouldn't have put up with the crap that you have described, back when I learned how to drive a truck.

Well.....I guess I shouldn't say that..I learned to drive truck back home in Montana, while working on a ranch. It was friggin cold during the winter..there weren't any heaters to run to..except in a pickup or truck...but I didn't pay to learn...the boss taught me, and paid me a fair day's wage for learning.

Ummmmmm.....in 1973 a fair days wage for a 13 year old ranchhand in Montana was $16.00 a day and board (meals). I ate a lot of steak at lunch a dinner!!!

What you need to do is please yourself. If you feel you can tough it..so be it. me...I think the city or county board of health should know about the classroom and rest-facility situation. They better be damn cheap, price wise, for the facilities they provide.
Damn, that sounds a lot better than what I am doing.

It's 6k, paid back through your paycheck when a carrier (PAM in my case) pics you up. You have a contract to drive with them for a year.
$6000 for school and you have to go to PAM? Wow, talk about adding insult to injury. Where'd they send you? C1 I assume?
Yep, C-1. I know PAM isn't where I was going to end up after my year. I have always been told that it is a starter company, you pay your dues with them. My friend had a totally different experience than I did. He's been giving me crap about possibly quitting. I would love to see him do it. I am so behind on my bills now that I am afraid I won't be able to go to another school. Guess I have to get a regular job until I can save up and take off work to go to school again.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 AM

Well..since you're in MO what about finishing your training with Prime Inc. out of Springfield? Just don't lease a truck that's all I'm saying as that's a money drain for sure, but to get training they're pretty good.
Also they pay you during training period, granted it's not going to make you rich by any means. Then they'll take out money every week out of your pay check but I believe that's after you're done. I can't quite remember the details, so maybe you can call a recruiter there and ask about it. I would not finish that 'school' you're in, because also in 2005 or 2006 there was this big thing going on in MO with schools easily passing students etc. and a lot of drivers who had passed their CDLs had their CDls revoked after that and had to retake it. And then I would still go to BBB and maybe call OOIDA for advice (OOIDA is also located in MO and if you do a search on the net you will easily find them). And no, you don't have to be an Owner/Operator to contact them, they might require you to become a member but maybe they give you advice for free; also not sure about that, sorry.
I hope you get your CDL soon in a good way, don't bang yourself over the head too hard because you're really not the only one unfortunately. Good luck to you!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Board Regular
Default What am i missing, here?

It sounds to me like world class training in a real life environment. You, better than most, are being prepared for filthy truck stops, rude drivers and arrogant supervisors.

Congratulations! You've got it made!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: What am i missing, here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimba
It sounds to me like world class training in a real life environment. You, better than most, are being prepared for filthy truck stops, rude drivers and arrogant supervisors.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well now!! That is definately ONE WAY to look at her situation!!!!! :wink:
Old 02-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimba

:lol: that made my day!! :lol:

I went to school today, had a lot of time in the yard. I didn't want to stay home and sulk. I needed to at least learn something. I feel better when I am productive I guess. They cleaned the porta potties, had the heating apparatus working and had wood for the barrels. They were also pumping sewage or something out of the basement. I found that interesting.

I still suck at the maneuvering aspect, then again, this is my 3rd week and this is the 3rd time I have driven the truck. Never driven a stick before. I got good for about an hour and then, my brain froze, I forgot which way to steer when the trailer started to drift, I even forgot what drifting was by the end of the day. That is what fatigue, cold, and severe stress will do to you.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I went to school today, had a lot of time in the yard. I didn't want to stay home and sulk. I needed to at least learn something. I feel better when I am productive I guess. They cleaned the porta potties, had the heating apparatus working and had wood for the barrels. They were also pumping sewage or something out of the basement. I found that interesting.
Hmmmm, maybe somebody called or sent them an email and suggested they check out this thread? Novel concept.... If this was the case, they had to do something "corrective", no?

Quote:
I still suck at the maneuvering aspect, then again, this is my 3rd week and this is the 3rd time I have driven the truck. Never driven a stick before. I got good for about an hour and then, my brain froze, I forgot which way to steer when the trailer started to drift, I even forgot what drifting was by the end of the day. That is what fatigue, cold, and severe stress will do to you.
Patience Ms. Grasshopper.....Rome was not built in a day, nor do aspiring drivers master the beast in a couple of hours. It will come to you with practice. Don't try so hard or be so demanding of yourself that you literally cause yourself to make mistakes. It ain't nothin' but a thing!!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
Quote:
And honestly, I don't know what to do. I will owe the school money if I quit or get kicked out. I can't owe more money than I do now. I am trying to put my big girl panties and deal with it, one leg at a time. This just doesn't seem normal or ethical to me.

I should have run the first day but, we were in class and I assumed that they would have the bathroom and heating problems fixed. They had a trailer set-up with a toxic burner thing heating us :wink: , it ran out of fuel. They have no wood for the burn barrels. This place is a mess.

thanks for letting me vent guys, I have had enough and I didn't want to seem like I was weak or something. This is what I want to do and I am disappointed in myself for not checking this place out more thoroughly.

I swear this is not me avoiding my pre-trip test either. :wink:
Good for you dont quit, finish and move on. Then maybe try a thong, a lot less to wash while on the road. :wink:

BOL
TW

Somebody ...anybody ...is it wrong that this just turned me on ...and furthermore is it even wronger ...that when i get to the point where I can say to the wife ..."hey baby Doll climb up here in the cab and roll whit yo daddy a while " ( and I do plan to say it just like dat ) ....that I use this advice to my own evil ends ???? somebody please !?

Shawn(Ogre)
Old 02-29-2008, 09:52 AM

Ohhh and look at it this way too ...thanks to your post evil ...a lot of us that might fall into the same trap ...can now say ...you want me to go to THAT PLACE ????...uhhh no way ...so you gave them a black eye too ...good show !

And I agree with SkyWalker ... seems to be a very smart guy
in reality I think it will take me Years to get all the nuances of this lifestyle down ... I took years to get that way in other trades ...

and you did good commin here and I want to say "Thank You" personally because in doing so you helped me and others ...fore warned is fore armed ...your speaking up did that !

Thank you also to all of you guys here that take the time to reply ...I'm not happy about my own situation but i made it so I'm delin with it ...but every day I log on her and have fun with some of what you guys grab@ss about and I learn something every day ...that really is invaluable ...so thank all of you too !

Pullen for ya !

Shawn(Ogre)

Oh and BTW if anyone on staff or owner from C1 (driver solutions) outa ST Louis sees this ...damned lucky it isnt my daughter or son out there ... or .....well I just refer you to the pic to your left... damned shame ...really as one in a similar position trying to break in to something like this and having nothing really to offer but my scincerity of purpose and my time floated on the back of a desire to do right by my family ...makes me just a lil testy really ....