User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You should get you money back and leave, like another said report to the BBB. This has nothing to do with male/female, sticking it out, big girl panties, etc. No excuse for the occurrances you listed.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLynn
Quote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Her/His story reads like several disaster's in the making...and a report to the local BBB is needed!!
I'm a she and this is also why I have been trying to stick it out. Trying to prove something I guess. :sad:
Frankly Evylnn...I wouldn't have put up with the crap that you have described, back when I learned how to drive a truck.

Well.....I guess I shouldn't say that..I learned to drive truck back home in Montana, while working on a ranch. It was friggin cold during the winter..there weren't any heaters to run to..except in a pickup or truck...but I didn't pay to learn...the boss taught me, and paid me a fair day's wage for learning.

Ummmmmm.....in 1973 a fair days wage for a 13 year old ranchhand in Montana was $16.00 a day and board (meals). I ate a lot of steak at lunch a dinner!!!

What you need to do is please yourself. If you feel you can tough it..so be it. me...I think the city or county board of health should know about the classroom and rest-facility situation. They better be damn cheap, price wise, for the facilities they provide.
Damn, that sounds a lot better than what I am doing.

It's 6k, paid back through your paycheck when a carrier (PAM in my case) pics you up. You have a contract to drive with them for a year.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Her/His story reads like several disaster's in the making...and a report to the local BBB is needed!!
I'm a she and this is also why I have been trying to stick it out. Trying to prove something I guess. :sad:
Frankly Evylnn...I wouldn't have put up with the crap that you have described, back when I learned how to drive a truck.

Well.....I guess I shouldn't say that..I learned to drive truck back home in Montana, while working on a ranch. It was friggin cold during the winter..there weren't any heaters to run to..except in a pickup or truck...but I didn't pay to learn...the boss taught me, and paid me a fair day's wage for learning.

Ummmmmm.....in 1973 a fair days wage for a 13 year old ranchhand in Montana was $16.00 a day and board (meals). I ate a lot of steak at lunch a dinner!!!

What you need to do is please yourself. If you feel you can tough it..so be it. me...I think the city or county board of health should know about the classroom and rest-facility situation. They better be damn cheap, price wise, for the facilities they provide.

It's 6k, paid back through your paycheck when a carrier (PAM in my case) pics you up. You have a contract to drive with them for a year.
$6K Please...tell me your kidding! You could have gone through Schnieder for half that...and trained in a better enviroment besides....I think.

(not really sure...having never done it).
Old 02-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

$6K Please...tell me your kidding! You could have gone through Schnieder for half that...and trained in a better enviroment besides....I think.

(not really sure...having never done it).
Yep, my friend had a totally different experience. Then again, they had a different director and instructors. God, I feel so stupid. ops:
Old 02-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

$6000 for school and you have to go to PAM? Wow, talk about adding insult to injury. Where'd they send you? C1 I assume?

Old 02-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Not sure about the school I am in...

Quote:
There are no working bathrooms.

We stand in the freezing cold all day and sometimes do nothing.

No working heaters.

The instructor has cussed and screamed at us for not moving to the front of the class fast enough.

The recruiter has hung up on several of us when we have complained or asked questions.

They didn't dismiss class during an ice storm until it reached it's peak. They didn't offer me a hotel room and told me I couldn't stay at the school. My classmates had to help me out. We were dismissed at 11 and I got home at 7:30 that night. Saw several accidents on the road going home. I live a half and hour away, it took me an hour and forty five minutes to get there.

They told us to come to school today, the roads were frozen again and snow was coming down on top of it. When I told our director that the conditions were bad where I was he exclaimed that he drove to school for 2 hours at 60mph in this. He is getting paid for this, I am not.

I am just discouraged right now. Anybody else have these experiences too?
I don't want to quit, I am pissed at how unprofessional they are.
Wanted to vent.
I'm going to suggest something just a wee bit different.

Since I'm not sure just who BBB is, I'm going to suggest that you find a camera, take some pictures, and take them to the LABOR RELATIONS BOARD. Seems to me, there are laws about working conditions. When you're going to school, you're not having a party. It's work. That would mean that the toilets are required to work. The heaters are required to work. And, I believe you may also be able to get the instructors on foul language. You may find that you can get your contract cancelled, money refunded, and be able to go to a technical college were the conditions are much more humane and the instruction is of much higher quality. I know that the technical colleges I'm familiar with have reasonable conditions and some of the best instruction in the state.

I find it amazing that we can put human beings into conditions like that without a problem, but if you put a dog into conditions like that, you're going to jail. Aren't human beings supposed to have far higher than dogs? Okay, I can't run as fast and I can't sit down, lift my leg and lick my........ :arrow:

Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Since I'm not sure just who BBB is
My guess is The Better Business Bureau. :wink:
Old 02-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
There are no working bathrooms.

We stand in the freezing cold all day and sometimes do nothing.

No working heaters.

The instructor has cussed and screamed at us for not moving to the front of the class fast enough.

The recruiter has hung up on several of us when we have complained or asked questions.

They didn't dismiss class during an ice storm until it reached it's peak. They didn't offer me a hotel room and told me I couldn't stay at the school. My classmates had to help me out. We were dismissed at 11 and I got home at 7:30 that night. Saw several accidents on the road going home. I live a half and hour away, it took me an hour and forty five minutes to get there.

They told us to come to school today, the roads were frozen again and snow was coming down on top of it. When I told our director that the conditions were bad where I was he exclaimed that he drove to school for 2 hours at 60mph in this. He is getting paid for this, I am not.

I am just discouraged right now. Anybody else have these experiences too?
I don't want to quit, I am pissed at how unprofessional they are.
Wanted to vent.
Wind...The BBB is more commonly known as the Better Business Bureau. Enough reports to the BBB about the operation's of that school, and the state will step in.

As for the conditions at the school..restrooms and heat/ac...that is what you go to the county or city health board about. The health board can close the school or force them to correct the abnormal conditions. Because the school is a business which has more than 3 people at it daily, they are required to have functionable restroom and heat.

Since I'm not sure just who BBB is, I'm going to suggest that you find a camera, take some pictures, and take them to the LABOR RELATIONS BOARD. Seems to me, there are laws about working conditions. When you're going to school, you're not having a party. It's work. That would mean that the toilets are required to work. The heaters are required to work. And, I believe you may also be able to get the instructors on foul language. You may find that you can get your contract cancelled, money refunded, and be able to go to a technical college were the conditions are much more humane and the instruction is of much higher quality. I know that the technical colleges I'm familiar with have reasonable conditions and some of the best instruction in the state.

I find it amazing that we can put human beings into conditions like that without a problem, but if you put a dog into conditions like that, you're going to jail. Aren't human beings supposed to have far higher than dogs? Okay, I can't run as fast and I can't sit down, lift my leg and lick my........ :arrow:
Old 02-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Board Regular

I think this should be a lesson to all us wannabe's and newbie's. Check out the school in person BEFORE you sign anything. If they will not let you come in and check out the facilities for yourself, move on. And $6k...holy cow! EviLynn, sounds like they should be paying you instead.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I agree... just do it with a "digital camera". Store the pictures on a CD, make sure they identify the place, the school, and all. Pictures of the instructors...especially the foul mouthed ones.... Don't ask them to pose, just get snaps.

File complaints with BBB, the Health Department, MO Dept of Education, and talk to a lawyer. He may be able to write a one paragraph letter that will get you off the hook there in a heartbeat. PAM bites anyway.

I'm not "PC"....but much of what you have described falls under "sexual harassment" and "hostile workplace" rules.... you could have a "field day" if you went about it right.

I'm afraid that on one level.....and I am NOT trying to insult you here.... by staying and toughing it out....and not making waves or fighting back, you are sinking to their level and possibly lower...because you are subjugating yourself to their stupidity and underhandedness willingly.

But if you decide you've had enough....take action to CYA.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.