Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
:shock: :shock: :shock: Her/His story reads like several disaster's in the making...and a report to the local BBB is needed!!
Ditto! The above and a "blanket party" for the "instructor, the recruiter, and the "director". :twisted:

:lol:
Old 02-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Rookie

And honestly, I don't know what to do. I will owe the school money if I quit or get kicked out. I can't owe more money than I do now. I am trying to put my big girl panties and deal with it, one leg at a time. This just doesn't seem normal or ethical to me.

I should have run the first day but, we were in class and I assumed that they would have the bathroom and heating problems fixed. They had a trailer set-up with a toxic burner thing heating us :wink: , it ran out of fuel. They have no wood for the burn barrels. This place is a mess.

thanks for letting me vent guys, I have had enough and I didn't want to seem like I was weak or something. This is what I want to do and I am disappointed in myself for not checking this place out more thoroughly.

I swear this is not me avoiding my pre-trip test either. :wink:
Old 02-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLynn
And honestly, I don't know what to do. I will owe the school money if I quit or get kicked out. I can't owe more money than I do now. I am trying to put my big girl panties and deal with it, one leg at a time. This just doesn't seem normal or ethical to me.

I should have run the first day but, we were in class and I assumed that they would have the bathroom and heating problems fixed. They had a trailer set-up with a toxic burner thing heating us :wink: , it ran out of fuel. They have no wood for the burn barrels. This place is a mess.

thanks for letting me vent guys, I have had enough and I didn't want to seem like I was weak or something. This is what I want to do and I am disappointed in myself for not checking this place out more thoroughly.

Good for you dont quit, finish and move on. Then maybe try a thong, a lot less to wash while on the road. :wink:

BOL
TW
Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Her/His story reads like several disaster's in the making...and a report to the local BBB is needed!!
I'm a she and this is also why I have been trying to stick it out. Trying to prove something I guess. :sad:
Old 02-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
Quote:
And honestly, I don't know what to do. I will owe the school money if I quit or get kicked out. I can't owe more money than I do now. I am trying to put on my big girl panties and deal with it, one leg at a time. This just doesn't seem normal or ethical to me.

Good for you dont quit, finish and move on. Then maybe try a thong, a lot less to wash while on the road. :wink:

BOL
TW
:lol:
Old 02-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Board Regular

I know the East St Louis Community College :nervous: USED to offer truck driver classes. Not to sound mean Evil, but let this be a lesson to those thinking about attending cdl school in st louis. It might be better to jump the river and go to school.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 02-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a
I know the East St Louis Community College :nervous: USED to offer truck driver classes. Not to sound mean Evil, but let this be a lesson to those thinking about attending cdl school in st louis. It might be better to jump the river and go to school.
I think this is very wise and not mean at all. You know?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Rookie

From the web site they look to be part of a CDL mill with schools across the country from their site

GREAT TRUCKING CAREERS BEGIN WITH DRIVER SOLUTIONS
THE INDUSTRY LEADER IN
TRUCK DRIVER TRAINING.
School facilities and equipment.

The truck driving schools feature state-of-the-art facilities all developed to help make your training as easy as possible. Some of these features may include multimedia learning tools, a computerized driving simulator that'll give you a feel for the "big rig", well-designed student training materials and a large paved training ground.

Good Luck hope you can get out with out getting dinged on the $$$ side
Old 02-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captamb1
From the web site they look to be part of a CDL mill with schools across the country from their site

GREAT TRUCKING CAREERS BEGIN WITH DRIVER SOLUTIONS
THE INDUSTRY LEADER IN
TRUCK DRIVER TRAINING.
School facilities and equipment.

The truck driving schools feature state-of-the-art facilities all developed to help make your training as easy as possible. Some of these features may include multimedia learning tools, a computerized driving simulator that'll give you a feel for the "big rig", well-designed student training materials and a large paved training ground.

Good Luck hope you can get out with out getting dinged on the $$$ side
I remember finding out there was no driving simulator. I figured it would be okay since I have never been good at video games anyway.

DARN IT!

:x
Old 02-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
I'm a she and this is also why I have been trying to stick it out. Trying to prove something I guess. :sad:
Frankly Evylnn...I wouldn't have put up with the crap that you have described, back when I learned how to drive a truck.

Well.....I guess I shouldn't say that..I learned to drive truck back home in Montana, while working on a ranch. It was friggin cold during the winter..there weren't any heaters to run to..except in a pickup or truck...but I didn't pay to learn...the boss taught me, and paid me a fair day's wage for learning.

Ummmmmm.....in 1973 a fair days wage for a 13 year old ranchhand in Montana was $16.00 a day and board (meals). I ate a lot of steak at lunch a dinner!!!

What you need to do is please yourself. If you feel you can tough it..so be it. me...I think the city or county board of health should know about the classroom and rest-facility situation. They better be damn cheap, price wise, for the facilities they provide.