User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Actually, this is not all correct! While the Detector Detectors cannot see it, there is a device that can! It is called an AM Radio! There was a article a couple of months back, that demonstrated how the RF from the STI has a distinct pulse that can be found around 680 khz on a AM Radio, from a 1/2 mile away.

Don't worry though, most cruisers these days do not have a good enough AM antenna to find it, and the person monitoring would have to know what the pulse sounded like, that they were listening too.

Good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattangcobra
Well the STI Driver is undetectable. Time has proven this to be true. It did cost alot but well worth every penny.
For those that say beep beep beep your caught. You kinda got a point. Thats why I always have a front door or bear bait, which ever you want to call it. I let them get far enough in front of me that when they turn it on to get their speed. I have time to slow down.
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Consider this.....if a "radar detector" is illegal, whether by state law or FMCSR's.... and while I couldn't rapidly find the link to the FMCSR's specific prohibition on radar detectors.....I think the "Beltronic's" site spells it out quite well: http://www.beltronics.com/detector-faq.html

Now, on a different level, consider this: A radar jammer is in fact a "radar detector". Why? Because before it can "jam" a radar, it must detect the radar and determine its band and frequency and then counter it. Thus, its an illegal item in a CMV..... Mere possession of the item is "citable". Do what you will, but remember....its your wallet.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Senior Board Member

I guess most individuals just do not realize the implications of something going wrong and there being an accident. And that the part going wrong, regardless of speeding, fudging the log-book, failure to due a good pre/post trip, etc. Could land a person in jail for a long, long time!

Attorneys get paid lots of money to suck money from big companies, and make sure offending truck drivers go to jail for accidents that kill someone.

Just a thought to ponder!
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 02-10-2008, 04:16 AM

Thats right its my wallet and buying the sti was the best investment I've made in trucking next is my sirius radio. Can't count the money its saved me. Bla Bla Bla Yea don't speed and ya don't gotta worry. When you get a load a day late. What ya gonna do.
I don't blow the speed limit out the window. I think I'm conservative when it comes to speeding compared to alot of drivers I get passed by.
My truck only goes 77. Thats not fast to me. I still get my doors blew off everyday.
The biggest problem I see about speeding is in construction and cities. I don't speed in neither.
I do get passed by every color coded truck on the road in those two places.
Which is worst? 77 in a 70 on the open road or
65 in 55 in construction. Also there have been studies that say your like 80 times more likely to be ticketed in construction than the open road.
Be safe out there
Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If you cover your front bumper in tin foil you will be in stealth mode!
Old 02-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Thats right its my wallet and buying the sti was the best investment I've made in trucking next is my sirius radio. Can't count the money its saved me. Bla Bla Bla Yea don't speed and ya don't gotta worry. When you get a load a day late. What ya gonna do.
I don't blow the speed limit out the window. I think I'm conservative when it comes to speeding compared to alot of drivers I get passed by.
My truck only goes 77. Thats not fast to me. I still get my doors blew off everyday.
The biggest problem I see about speeding is in construction and cities. I don't speed in neither.
I do get passed by every color coded truck on the road in those two places.
Which is worst? 77 in a 70 on the open road or
65 in 55 in construction. Also there have been studies that say your like 80 times more likely to be ticketed in construction than the open road.
Be safe out there
What do you think?...It doesnt matter what you think Jabroney!!!! Can you SMELLLLLLLLL.......What the Supertrucker is cooking? Anybody remember The Rock and his fantastic speeches on WWE? who thought they could translate well into trucking lol
Old 02-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I know a guy who used to be a state trooper. He used to get a real kick out of pulling up behind someone with a radar detector and see them lock it down when he turned on his radar.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Senior Board Member

What I think is cool, is when I see them with timing lights set-up! Like they have at the drag-strip! There is a small town here in Texas that uses a set-up like that, and it stands up in court.

No radar detector can pick up that set-up!

As for the post on picking up a load a day late! That is when I tell the FM he better get customer service on the phone and reschedule and/or find someone else to haul it! No load is worth breaking the law, fudging the logbook, and killing someone or myself.
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 02-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
.... When you get a load a day late. What ya gonna do.
Uh, the simple answer to that is: Don't accept it, or demand a "legal" delivery window. Just because someone else botched the shipment window, doesn't make it correct or right for you to violate a series of laws, placing the freight, your rig, your health, your life, and the property, health and lives of the public at large at risk.

Quote:
I don't blow the speed limit out the window. I think I'm conservative when it comes to speeding compared to alot of drivers I get passed by.My truck only goes 77. Thats not fast to me. I still get my doors blew off everyday.
And its a very weak and inane justification on your part. What you're saying is....all these others cheat more than me, and I only do it alittle so its ok. Oh-duh....its still very wrong.

Quote:
The biggest problem I see about speeding is in construction and cities. I don't speed in neither. I do get passed by every color coded truck on the road in those two places. Which is worst? 77 in a 70 on the open road or 65 in 55 in construction. Also there have been studies that say your like 80 times more likely to be ticketed in construction than the open road.
Be safe out there
Both situations are equally wrong. The only real difference is the $$ and points cost in court.

Tell us....if you are rolling at 77 on flat ground, pulling a 46,000 lb load, and a 4 wheeler driven by a "soccer mom" with a load of kids pulls onto the interstate in front of you.....what are you going to do. All the "probabilities" and percentages just went out the window. You are either going to try and take it off the road and wreck and possibly kill yourself or you are going to destroy the 4 wheeler killing the driver and the kids. Then your life as you knew it is done. You will be embroiled in criminal an civil court actions for quite a while, and you will lose everything to lawyers and survivors. You will become intimately familiar with the corrections system. When your jammer is found....they'll hang you one more time. Don't think it will ever happen? People never think so, so maybe you should talk to some of the drivers that are in prison for "negligent vehicular homicide".

I hope you're not married or have kids....

I thought this was cute....your signature line:

Quote:
Has everyone forgotten how to be COURTEOUS.
If you've forgot, it means.
respect for and consideration of others
Thats just a bit more than "hypocritical" isn't it? Think about it.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:01 AM

I'm not courtious because I speed??????????
Whatever. You need to get a grip.

Also it is not the same, speeding in construction than the open road. Why do you think the fines are SO much more???? Duh Its more dangerous for all the workers out on the side of the road.

Middle of the desert or when there isn't much traffic. OH yea I'm gonna kill someone for sure. Your an idiot.

As far as the soccer mom goes. I got a question for ya. What do all the poor soccer moms do in states where the speed limit is 75. OMG those poor women.
Its called driving ahead, know your surroundings. I spend most of my speeding time in the hammer lane. So I don't have to bother with the cars and poor mini vans getting on the big road.

Also Super Trucker???? You guys are the ones jumping all over me. You jump me I'm gonna get froggy right back. No super trucker here

I didn't ask for your comments on speeding I asked about the jammer. To the one person that answered my question thank you. To anybody else with something smart to say kiss off