Old 03-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGTLLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy

1: I haven't ever fuged a logbook...but I confess...Yes..I have fudged a logbook...for that extra 15 minutes that got me to a truckstop..consignee..or HOME for the night.

WOW thank you for actually standing up and admitting that your a guilty party in this life we call driving!!

2: I am a "professional driver". When I am behind the wheel I drive the truck, it does not drive me. I watch traffic and adjust accordingly...so that I am able to react to the "steeringwheel holders" and the mistakes and problems they make. (There were 2 of those type right here in my area yesterday. Both on EB I-10, both had major accidents within 2 miles of each other.)

as do i . i understand my truck, i know my truck. i knwo when i need to use my trucks speed and house power and i knwo when i need to just lay back and drive.

3; Guess what! I have a truck that will do over 85 mph. I don't know how much faster than 85 it will do, because I took my foot off the throttle at 85, but I was at 1600 rpm and still had 150 rpm before bumping the governer. I did that in west Texas on I-10...where the speed limit is 75.

4: So anyways...are you really ready to risk your career and life to go road racing with some kid who just got his CDL in the last year? Or are you one of those same kids??

i dont road race. i knwo when to put it down and i kwno when to just ride along. i do most of my driving at night when there is very minimal traffic on the highways.

Why does time of day make a difference? The simple fact of the matter is, that you only gain 15 minutes in a 10 hour day of driving, if you drive 15 mph faster than the driver that does the posted speed limit. Too many of the "hurry hurry drivers" stop every other truckstop..eliminating any advantage they feel they have over the "legal speed driver". If your not stopping, then you are risking a speeding ticket based on your logged driving time, against the miles traveled..and that ticket can be mailed to you, after a Terminal Audit by the DOT. That would be one ticket for each infraction btw.

nope sorry i am not one of those kids. 10 + years safe driving with no accidents and 1 ticket in my personal vehicle.

When you invite a kid, whom has one year or less driving experience to his credit to cruise the road with you...you place yourself in the "kid" category.

5: Most radar jammers...radar detectors are "Illegal" in a CMV, in just about every state. Some of those states will impound your truck and lock you up, in their best jail accommodations, for just having one in your truck.

I never said anything about useing a jammer or anything there abouts.. i use my CB and nothing else

This entire thread is about "Radar Jammer".

The give away to an LEO, that you may be guilty of something...you slow down right when you see him...the puff of exhaust when you hit the jakes...the dip of your headlights in the dark...the flash of your brake lights.

i have 1 ticket on my record in the last 10 years.

I have 0 tickets on my record in the last 29 years. I have 35 years of total truck driving experience. I did get a speeding ticket in 1979, in my sister's 79 Camero...I was zapped doing 115 westbound across the Bonneville Salt Flats(UT-I80). I stopped within sight of the scalehouse at the border. The trooper treated me right...wrote me for 10 over(55), and warned me to keep it down. He could have locked me up for the weekend.

I've seen lot's of truck accidents along I-80.....In NJ, PA, OH, IL, IA, SD, WY, UT, NV and CA. Knock yourselves out and join that crowd. I will drive my truck professionally and avoid you both.
Yep i have seen a lot of those accident too, theres a difference between a driver who knows when and where to speed and some "kid" who thinks he can hammer down any time of day. i know the difference.

There is no difference in the decision to speed. Every individual, whom chooses to speed, chooses to place other peoples lives at risk. It does not matter if the speeder is in a vehicle that weighs 3,500 pounds or a vehicle that weighs in excess of 100,00 pounds. The decision to speed, is a "childish" decision.
You have heard the saying haven't you??

Excuses are like (being nice here) noses...everyone has one.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:28 AM

... Let's say you're rollin' down the highway at 3:30am, very calm, nice weather ... long stretch of road limit of 65.

You're flyin' along, making great time doin' 85, and from out of "nowhere" some 4-wheeler flies onto the highway, doin' 65, and jumps right in front of you.

then what?

This quote is directly from the state of Minnesota.
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/speed/SpeedFlyer2002.pdf
Quote:
Will lowering the speed limit reduce crash frequency?

NO. Although lowering the speed limit is often seen as a cure-all in preventing crashes, this is not the case. Crashes are most often the result of driver inattention and driver error. However, if a posted speed limit is unrealistically low, it creates a greater speed variance (i.e. some drivers follow the speed limit most drive the reasonable speed). This speed variance can contribute to crashes.

Why do we even have speed limits?

A uniform speed of vehicles in a traffic flow results in the safest operation. The posted speed limits can keep the traffic flowing smoothly provided the majority of drivers find the speed limits reasonable. To best do this, the limits must be consistent throughout the state. The speed limits also give the motorist an idea of a reasonable speed to drive in an unfamiliar location. The speed limits are used by police officials to identify excessive speeds and curb unreasonable behavior.
--Dave.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
you knwo i really love how EVERY driver on here is just a GOODIE-2-SHOES..

well i call horse :dung:

you all act as if you have never broken a low or have never fuged your log book.. hey even 15 minutes is aginst the law. i can almost gaurentee that some of these drivers talkin about how bad Mattangcobra is for speeding is guilty of speeding or fuging there logs... hey even 15 minutes is still illeagle, maybe you miscounted or just could not find a place to park but guess what, ITS STILL ILLEAGLE!!!

yea maybe you did it unintentionally but guess what you still did it..

how about the drivers....no wait.. steering wheel holders actually give someone a break instead of giving him nothing but crap cause he speeds. you all act like you have never done any thing wrong before.

guess what i got a truck that will do well over 80 i know i have done it on a few occasions but i dont recommend any one do it. but what i dont get is why every person who holds a steering wheel comes out of the wood work just to bash on a guy for makin money and doing this his/her way..

aint no one in this industry perfect... and if you show me 1 perfect driver i will show you a liar!

so any ways Mattangcobra. next time you run accorss the Ohio Pike or the Pa Pike hollar out for Boss Hogg and i will be glad to run down the road with ya!!

dont let these "i am a perfect driver" type of poeple get to ya cause i am right there running hard and makin money too... i knwo how it is out there aint no sugar coating about it!!

No I am not a "GOODIE-2-SHOES" as you put it. I am a professional driver. Have I EVER speed, yes before I got my CDL. Have I ever fudged my logs, yes but it was not on purpose. That was when I was new. I do the speed limit and thats it. There is no good time to speed. Those speed limits are there for a reason. Now, this does not mean that I agree with the speeds on that particular road but I obey them. Just my two cents worth.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
§392.71 Radar Detectors; use and/or possession.

(a) No driver shall use a radar detector in a commercial motor vehicle, or operate a commercial motor vehicle that is equipped with or contains any radar detector.

(b) No motor carrier shall require or permit a driver to violate paragraph (a) of this section.

and

§390.5 Definitions

Radar detector means any device or mechanism to detect the emission of radio microwaves, laser beams or any other future speed measurement technology employed by enforcement personnel to measure the speed of commercial motor vehicles upon public roads and highways for enforcement purposes. Excluded from this definition are radar detection devices that meet both of the following requirements:

(1) Transported outside the driver's compartment of the commercial motor vehicle. For this purpose, the driver's compartment of a passenger carrying CMV shall include all space designed to accommodate both the driver and the passengers; and

(2) Completely inaccessible to, inoperable by, and imperceptible to the driver while operating the commercial motor vehicle.
does this include my Nextel phone? everytime it would do a weird buzzing noise a cop would show up. I just assumed it doubled as a radar detector or detector detector. or whatever. My truck was governed too so it didn't matter but it was weird how I always knew if radar was around. And I could use it to call someone and tell them about it.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattangcobra
I'm sorry that I spend most of my time on the road. I don't have much time for the internet super highway.

Also I don't even drink much less drugs.

I speed alittle and you guys flip out. Get real. I would bet most of you running off at the mouth speed. Either in your truck or your car. You want everyone to think your a little angel.

I had a question I got it answered so lock this f**king thread already. I'm tired of all you goodie goodies that do nothing wrong talking down to me because I speed. I'm sure you guys do everything by the book. RIGHT Some of you are probably the ones blowing my doors off and all doped up on drugs or pills that keep you awake so you can drive 16 hours a day.

Know what ? I get you ...I do ...I like to roll ...I stay out of traffic packs when I can and I cruise the left lane to leave the on ramps clear ...and I have been hell bent for leather ... I even topped out my dodge avenger one night doin a solo trip from DE to Fla ....nothing out there for miles at about 2-3am ...for about three minutes I burried the needle ....scared the Shite outa myself ...I think if i had hit a pebble Id have taken off the ground ...and cruisin at 70+ I have even seen idiots pass me too ...but I fugure that just makes me a little less stupid than they ... what I want to know is why they pull in front and then slow the hell down ??!! I figure must be pecker size .... SO being Evil as I am Im not judgin BUT ....

I cannot argue Odds ...all hes sayin is Exponentially your increasing your odds and fact is as a proffessional driver your ODDS do not stack in your favor .... more time ....more exposure ...more trouble ... and when your " Luck " and Skill both Bottom out ...jesus may be your only hope ... No offence Id prefer not to beg too many favors ...

In my POV I remain a constant weight and I know her like I do my wife ...so I cannot say I will change my evil ways there ... and truth is the older I get the more annoyed I get that I have to go 70+ just to keep pace ...cause truth is Jammin up a lane can cause an accident just as easily ....

however In a loaded Tractor Trailer I have already decided ...seeing all opinions here ...the best thing would be to just settle down a bit ... and give the Jack Rabbits room to run

Shawn
Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
you knwo i really love how EVERY driver on here is just a GOODIE-2-SHOES..

well i call horse :dung:

you all act as if you have never broken a low or have never fuged your log book.. hey even 15 minutes is aginst the law. i can almost gaurentee that some of these drivers talkin about how bad Mattangcobra is for speeding is guilty of speeding or fuging there logs... hey even 15 minutes is still illeagle, maybe you miscounted or just could not find a place to park but guess what, ITS STILL ILLEAGLE!!!

yea maybe you did it unintentionally but guess what you still did it..

how about the drivers....no wait.. steering wheel holders actually give someone a break instead of giving him nothing but crap cause he speeds. you all act like you have never done any thing wrong before.

guess what i got a truck that will do well over 80 i know i have done it on a few occasions but i dont recommend any one do it. but what i dont get is why every person who holds a steering wheel comes out of the wood work just to bash on a guy for makin money and doing this his/her way..

aint no one in this industry perfect... and if you show me 1 perfect driver i will show you a liar!

so any ways Mattangcobra. next time you run accorss the Ohio Pike or the Pa Pike hollar out for Boss Hogg and i will be glad to run down the road with ya!!

dont let these "i am a perfect driver" type of poeple get to ya cause i am right there running hard and makin money too... i knwo how it is out there aint no sugar coating about it!!
Can't we just leave the "Ill Eagles" out of this. :lol: Haven't they gone through enough?!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564

Can't we just leave the "Ill Eagles" out of this. :lol: Haven't they gone through enough?!
I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that they're on the endangered species list. :wink: :lol: