User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a
its kind of sad really, but in 20 years I've only had 3 Lot (lounge :lol: ) Lizzards bang on my door. One didn't want to take no for an answer so I popped back into the sleeper and pulled out a flare gun. He ran like hell.....and I have NEVER stayed at the Flying J in Springville, Ut ever again. BTW, a flaregun is a safety device, but it will sure will kill a person and this was back in 99 when they were finding drivers dead in their sleepers along I-15.
Huh ...well funny you should mention ...that was going to be my next sill question...

I'm not a maniac really ... I'm a south Fla Boy , a huge 2nd amendment supporter , i love wepons and have carried them both legally and not so legally ...I do when I travel w/ Family ...now Understand I am Both Ex -military and have worked in an odd capacity for law enforcement ... point being Irons are as familliar to me as hammers to some. Now in all this time except for Military situations ...I have always had a wepon on me ...and it only saw "daylight" ONCE ... ( the affore mentioned incident in my newbie blog ) and I was exonerated as soon as I got in front of the Judge ... I could use some real input here ...as far as I am concerned ...I am sure all companies for liability purposes have "No Firearms Policies " ...Now ... Id rather loose a Job than my life in a worse case scenerio ... and I would be delighted for her to just "sit in the bag " as it were and never be seen ...but what is the "real Deal" out there ...I am sure some drivers carry ... will the law Dogs shake down your cabs as a matter of routine ??? do you have to shake out yer private bags ...for the companies ...

I have already accepted that if I get on with a company ...I've got my Pocket knife and witts ( both slightly dull these days ...but still ) ...cause of course I am going to behave ...and to possess such an item when i am in a truck with a triner or another student and not let them know ...would violate my own personal ethics ...so I would not ...but if I made it to Solo ...whats the real deal out there folks ... "common Back at me " <---is that right ?

Shawn(Ogre)
Old 02-13-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Andy
I am no doctor, but also agree that it seems a lot of depression can be brought on by a reluctance to socialize and interact. Solo OTR trucking may not be the right way to deal with it, but it could give the sufferer a chance to see life in a light he has not seen, and possibly can slowly come out of the problem, and get better, once he realizes who he is, and that it is ok to be different, and not around people all the time.

Didn't Christ take to solitude for 40 days wandering in the desert alone when the people around him go to be too much?

The only thing I can guarantee you is that you will either love it, or hate it, there seems to be few in-betweeners in this business.

If your hear the open road calling you, you should at least try it, and see. You will never know, and life is very short.

Wish you well whatever you decide, and sorry to hear you are dealing with depression.

One last thought. Years ago, I lost a very dear friend to suicide. I was very depressed over it, and thought of joining her. A very wise old man that I knew saw what I was going thru. He reminded it is ok and normal to feel sad, and that when we do, we are actually closer to the truth of seeing life for what it really is, than when we are all drunk and slap happy. That stuck with me, and not advocating you wear sadness as a badge of being enlightened, but it is not anything to be ashamed of.

Regards, and at least try trucking. It may be your calling. You can always quit, if not.
Good Hard wisdom there ...good hard wisdom ...thank you ...just in general.

Shawn(Ogre)
Old 01-17-2021, 04:17 PM
BANNED
Rookie

I recently had cbt counseling. It was vital for me to sort out my emotions. It helped me a lot. I started to feel better. what is talk therapy? we talked about different psychological things and ways to deal with some very important things in everyday life. I got to know myself in a different way and now I feel like a new person. My parents also noticed some changes in me. I think everyone needs to go through such regular online therapy in order to learn to change.