User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

First off I want to thank Roadhog for putting into words what runs thru my mind but I can't seem to get down in type. My written skills have always sucked. Verbal I can hold my own. I just can't seem to get it down on paper. :?

Second: Snowman... No harm no foul. Now that we have a "history"...BITE ME!!! :wink:

Third: TimberWolf.......... When a moderator chimes in with an opinion about a subject it is just that, an opinion. Is it too much to ask that we be allowed to express ourself too? Our opinion carries no more weight than that of any other poster here. I guess we could create another account and post our opinions under a different name.....but that wouldn't be fair would it? It would also be aganst the TOS.

Quote:
They could care less
Your right, we could care a whole lot less than we do. :wink:

Quote:
I asked for opinions on the union and received only a few educated respones your's being one of them. the rest were just people with outspoken opinions which is not unusual in fact it is the norm..
If you knew that these responses where going to happen then why are you asking for the thread to be locked when you got exactly what you knew you would get? Sorry, but I just don't understand that logic.

Ridge
Old 03-12-2008, 04:32 PM

Ridge wrote:
When a moderator chimes in with an opinion about a subject it is just that, an opinion. Is it too much to ask that we be allowed to express ourself too? Our opinion carries no more weight than that of any other poster here.

Just as I said Opinions are like assholes everyone has one..... I fully understand this...

The logic behind my seeking to get answers on the the Teamsters coming into UPS Freight and what to expect was simply that... I was hoping to get a few educated answers to my question and I did, I was also ready for the host of off the hoof answers from people just like myself and you who read a post and respond before they have a chance to clearly think thru their words, as I clearly stated it is Human Nature...

I asked for the thread to be locked because it was no more harsh then a previous thread that was locked some time ago when the posters did not see eye to eye and began to banter back and forth, I just wanted to see how you would choose to respond to this thread that clearly was hijacked and began to turn south...
Again human nature....

Timberwolf
Old 03-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Senior Board Member

It's kind of hard to respond to your statements when I don't even know what thread you are talking about. If you'll provide a link, or point me in the right direction I will be glad to take a look at it and maybe I'll be able to answer your question.

I have a hunch tho that you have already answered your own question:

Quote:
I asked for the thread to be locked because it was no more harsh then a previous thread that was locked
:? I'm sorry, but I just don't understand that thought process.

Quote:
I just wanted to see how you would choose to respond to this thread that clearly was hijacked and began to turn south
If you wanted to see how the moderators re-act to that kind of situtation, look at any thread here.

Last but not least: What is the "human nature" you speak of?
Old 03-13-2008, 02:03 PM

Don't worry about it Ridge, It is no big deal. As I always say, in fact to the point my kids have it tatooed on their brains.. IT IS What It Is.....

By human nature I simply mean how most people react to any given situation, An example would be how you reacted to snowman's comment about CFM in your response post to him, or how I have reacted to some post I don't like or agree with. or the politicians responding to the latest scandel they speak out first against the guilty person as if they commited a major sin, then a month down the road you will hear about them doing the very same thing.
Act first - think later, is human nature for the most part, not always...But in general that is how humans respond, it is more so on any message board as the reader really has no idea the mood or thoughts of a poster and can misconstrue words very easily..

Life goes on....

Have a great weekend..

Timberwolf