User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It all depends on the union. I worked for the southern CA grocery union and they couldnt negotiate a contract to save their lives. My dad works for the grocery driver teamsters and has gotten a raise or somethin that benifited the drivers every contract. It all depends on the area and the strength of the union in that area. Yea you screwed you first couple years, my dad was working 3 to to 4 days a week for his first year then did sleeper team for 2 years, but after 19 years he is like #76 ot of 400 and makes between 70-82k a year. they also put in the new contract that the bottom 20 guys are gaurenteed 40 hrs a weekand a schedule, no more calling in and praying for work.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Rookie
Default Re: my experience.. twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchgs
So.. while I assume the unions have done good out there, I've never had any personal good come from my association with one.
Go work for these non-union coolie OTR carriers and live on the road for weeks out of a rolling cage making .36 cpm on HHG miles. Then work for a union LTL outift making $70k and paid for everything and then you'll change your tune.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared from Subway
Quote:
So.. while I assume the unions have done good out there, I've never had any personal good come from my association with one.
Go work for these non-union coolie OTR carriers and live on the road for weeks out of a rolling cage making .36 cpm on HHG miles. Then work for a union LTL outift making $70k and paid for everything and then you'll change your tune.
Some people make mistakes and learn from them. They are given a second chance. Too bad CFM was a little slow on the up-take. :wink:

Ridge
Old 03-08-2008, 03:41 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Some people make mistakes and learn from them. They are given a second chance. Too bad CFM was a little slow on the up-take. :wink:

Ridge
[/quote]

What are you saying? Is CFM banned? I didnt see anything. Is Jared not allowed to promote a union? Is Jared really CFM reincarnated? Please clarify.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared from Subway
Quote:

Ridge
So what's the deal with CFM? Did you guys ban him? I honestly don't think that was needed. Yeah, he gets a little rough at times, but he does offer up a valid point. He also is a good source for those looking for advice on LTL work. Let the guy back in. The whiners who get upset every time he offers a dissenting view just need to ignore him. It's really that easy.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7

Ridge

What are you saying? Is CFM banned? I didnt see anything. Is Jared not allowed to promote a union? Is Jared really CFM reincarnated? Please clarify.[/quote]

What really irritates me on this is there are posters here who say much worse things than CFM did and they are still here.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:

Ridge

What are you saying? Is CFM banned? I didnt see anything. Is Jared not allowed to promote a union? Is Jared really CFM reincarnated? Please clarify.
What really irritates me on this is there are posters here who say much worse things than CFM did and they are still here.[/quote]

Well if your not bright enought to see it: YES CFM is Jared!

Quote:
greg3564 wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
Jared from Subway wrote:
All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50. No wonder they're always hiring!!!

Run away and don't look back. Irregular-route OTR coolie trucking is the absolute pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people make mistakes and learn from them. They are given a second chance. Too bad CFM was a little slow on the up-take.

Ridge

So what's the deal with CFM? Did you guys ban him? I honestly don't think that was needed. Yeah, he gets a little rough at times, but he does offer up a valid point. He also is a good source for those looking for advice on LTL work. Let the guy back in. The whiners who get upset every time he offers a dissenting view just need to ignore him. It's really that easy.

Well if you MUST know, it was posts like this:

Quote:
You people are hilarious. Bunch of dumbass truckdrivers. Better learn to habla espanol quick...your days behind the wheel are numbered. Jose and Juan will happily do your job for 1/2 the rate...they will love getting out of the fields and into a nice air-conditioned truck.

He had been warned SEVERAL times about things like this.

Yes, CFM was ban but a window was left open. He chose to close it. Same thing happened to others and they made a choice to follow the TOS and share their knowledge.

The most recent example is Cluggy ( sorry to put you on the spot ). BEFORE: Every post was JB Hunt sux. NOW: Some of the best posts I have read were from him giving information on tankers and hauling fuel. THAT is what we are here for!

We have areas for blowing off steam, to joke around, ect.... Keep it there.

This board is VERY liberal in what we allow. More than I would have thought at first. But they have found something that works. Very hard to do in an open forum. Go to any other site and see for yourself. We'll stick with what works.

Ridge
Old 03-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
Quote:

Ridge

What really irritates me on this is there are posters here who say much worse things than CFM did and they are still here.
Well if your not bright enought to see it: YES CFM is Jared!

Quote:
greg3564 wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:
Jared from Subway wrote:
All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50. No wonder they're always hiring!!!

Run away and don't look back. Irregular-route OTR coolie trucking is the absolute pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people make mistakes and learn from them. They are given a second chance. Too bad CFM was a little slow on the up-take.

Ridge

Well if you MUST know, it was posts like this:

Quote:
You people are hilarious. Bunch of dumbass truckdrivers. Better learn to habla espanol quick...your days behind the wheel are numbered. Jose and Juan will happily do your job for 1/2 the rate...they will love getting out of the fields and into a nice air-conditioned truck.

He had been warned SEVERAL times about things like this.

Yes, CFM was ban but a window was left open. He chose to close it. Same thing happened to others and they made a choice to follow the TOS and share their knowledge.

The most recent example is Cluggy ( sorry to put you on the spot ). BEFORE: Every post was JB Hunt sux. NOW: Some of the best posts I have read were from him giving information on tankers and hauling fuel. THAT is what we are here for!

We have areas for blowing off steam, to joke around, ect.... Keep it there.

This board is VERY liberal in what we allow. More than I would have thought at first. But they have found something that works. Very hard to do in an open forum. Go to any other site and see for yourself. We'll stick with what works.

Ridge

No need to be a smartass MR Moderator. :roll:
Old 03-08-2008, 05:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

No need to be a smartass MR Moderator. :roll:
Hey, hey......watch that or you're on the next train to ban town buddy. :lol:

Old 03-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Frosty was annoying even though I agreed with most of what he said. I prefer a good local job. What I didnt agree with was constantly putting down people who obviously enjoy OTR. Its one thing to warn a newbie, even necessary, but if a guy is doing otr and liking it then more power to him. To each their own. But yeah, I wouldnt have banned him for it.