User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

in this industry WE DO HAVE BIG BROTHER REGULATING DARN NEAR EVERY ASPECT OF OUR LIVES. period. get used to it. if ya wanna play with us ya gotta play by the rules, period. every time i go thru orientation some sucker fails his drug screen. even some drivers with years of experience. well good. they knew the rules. if they are too STUPID to even pass a drug test, i don't want them out on the road with me.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbright1
You have the attitude.... YOU came off with telling me to go work a McDonalds as an insult.

Night-Not-So-Bright1:

Apparantly, your reading comprehension skills are as woefully deficient as your sense of social graces, as well as your linguistic and writting skills!!!!

Better go back and re-read, Not-So-Bright-Scarecrow!! I never mentioned anything about you working at McDonalds!!

I did not insult anyone and u don't need to have an attitude by insulting people here. I asked a question and u did not have to respond at all or u could have left the insult out in your response. Take a deep look at your self and words.

Now I am telling you what to do - hows it feel.

:roll: It feels like I'm talking to a lame loser 22 post wonder security guard with a lame, loser attitude!! :roll:

By the way there is honor in ALL work even the people who work at McDonalds who serve food to hunger customers. I have no problem with drug testing espically for OTR trucking. So why don't you shut your mouth about me and what I need to do.
So why don't you get a life that works, Scarecrow??

:shock: Woah!! Careful guys!! :shock:

:P He's about to shine his flashlight at me!!
:P

:roll: :roll: Just another internet poser "Truck Stop Rambo" Wannabee!! :roll: :roll:
Old 07-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Board Member

BTW - I'M the one that told you to go to work at McDonalds. As far as drugs being in your hair for 10 years, I don't know what kind of growth rate you have in your hair, but mine pretty much replaces itself every few months.

Also, if you're so worried about which carriers do which type of drug tests then you should call their recruiters and ask them. Every major carrier has a toll-free number, so it won't cost you a dime.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Well......I'm not gonna call names or anything...but where has this guy worked as a "Security" guard? All the "SG's" that I know, get tested just as randomly as "WE" drivers do. With going into some of these plants on a regular basis, I have met plenty of the "Local" security people.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Well......I'm not gonna call names or anything...but where has this guy worked as a "Security" guard? All the "SG's" that I know, get tested just as randomly as "WE" drivers do. With going into some of these plants on a regular basis, I have met plenty of the "Local" security people.
According to Scarecrow, he works as a security guard at a low income housing project.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Rookie

I see by your post in education your want to go to acting school and become an actor in LA.

Shouldn't you be waiting tables with all the other actor wanta bees.

OK enough
Take the last shot and we will be done with this stupidy
This site is a good resource for helpful info
no room for chat attacks
Old 07-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbright1
I see by your post in education your want to go to acting school and become an actor in LA.

Shouldn't you be waiting tables with all the other actor wanta bees.

OK enough
Take the last shot and we will be done with this stupidy
This site is a good resource for helpful info
no room for chat attacks
Not-So-Bright1:

Had you read my other postings on other threads, and other CAD Forums, you would have learned that I was financially set to retire well before I was 40; that was over a decade ago, so I have no need to wait tables for a living, although having that added "visual" competence, along with bartender training would enhance my Actor's Resume.

I also stated that I was planning to go to NY or LA next year for actor TRAINING; I'm not moving to L.A. to become an actor.

Perhaps word has not gotten out your way, but the film industry here in Texas is doing quite well, and is getting ready to literally EXPLODE!! Sandra Bullock is majority stockholder in one sound stage studio in Austin which was designed to accommodate three to five projects; they are now working on seven projects, including "Sin City 2", and "Friday Night Lights".

As we speak, in Austin, Texas, construction is beginning on what will be the largest and most expensive movie studio in the entire world, ($1.5 Billion) scheduled for completion in late 2008. With the unseasonably wet summer we are having here in South Central Texas, it's now looking more like the early to mid part of 2009. Another studio is soon to begin construction in a small town called Bastrop, Texas, which is east of Austin.

Now, in order to get the tax abatements and financial incentives to bring these studios to Texas, The Texas Film Commission had a cavaet; that being that 70% of the people appearing in movies made here in Texas have to come from Texas.

Texas is an open shop state, which means that there are no requirements for union membership. According to Screen Actor Guild Rules, Union actors/actresses CAN NOT work on non-union projects. That being the case, there is already a sizeable demand for people to play small supporting roles in movies; in "showbiz", they are called "Scale Actors". They may only get 30 or 45 seconds of screen time, but those short scenes will have to be shot around 40 different times. That demand, already strong, will only get stronger.

Production companies are not really looking for "hunks" or "hunkettes" the need is for ordinary looking people, and talent is not nearly so much of an issue as is discipline, and willingness to accept criticism and take direction. It all LOOKS so simple; there is far more to this than meets the eye!! One more misconception that many people have involves age; there is FAR more work for someone over thirty than there is for someone under thirty, and the demand for properly trained scale actors 60yrs. and over is even stronger due to the very limited pool of available talent.

Pay scales?? How does $400. to $600. per DAY sound!! For those with specialized skills, such as retired police officers, firefighters, paramedics, and heavily tattooed, body pierced ex-convicts, the rates go even higher, as they also do for those with specialized medical skills, and certain aspects of Military experience!!

Pilots?? Not exactly back to back employment, but how does $1600. per day and up sound?? (Commercial Pilot's License, Military Flight Experience, as well as aerobatic, agg ratings, etc.)

Ex-Convicts???

You DID read correctly, I DID say heavily tattooed, body pierced EX-CONVICTS!! , and No, I am not joking or being sarcastic!! This is a realm of the industry known as "Industrial", which has absolutely NOTHING to do with working in a factory. The demand is really quite strong, but the supply of ex-cons who are properly disciplined, reliable, and free of chemicals is severe, so they can usually get about $200. per day in addition to their scale pay.

Now, why do these jobs pay what they do??

The answer is simple: Everytime a director has to call "CUT" because of a screw-up, it costs that production company over $2,000. So the need for trained people justifies the expense.

"One Take Wonders" can make several THOUSAND dollars per day, and have more offers than he/she can handle.

Why??Remember what a screw up costs?? The more the scene costs to shoot, the more cost effficient it becomes to get a highly skilled, well trained, highly disciplined, low profile actor on the set, and pay him/her exceptionally well!!

If anyone reading this has an interest in learning more, and if you live in Texas or are considering relocating to Texas and you want to learn more about this, shoot me a P.M.

Thus, Not-SoBright1, there is no need for me to permanently relocate to L.A., and there is certainally no need for me to wait tables!!

Oh well!! Keep the trespassers off of the grass, Mr. Security Guard!!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Sorry for hijacking the tread, but IMHO, this thread was a suitable candidate for hijacking!!
8)
Old 07-21-2007, 07:37 PM

Hey nightbright, if your worried about it they make soap and shampoo that removes thc from your hair and if you need to pass a piss test just put the sample in a 60ml bottle under your sack. If your man enough wear some extra small whitie tighties and wrap the bottle with hand warmers...Not that I ever had to do that or anything...Just here to help..
Old 07-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larz0142
Hey nightbright, if your worried about it they make soap and shampoo that removes thc from your hair and if you need to pass a piss test just put the sample in a 60ml bottle under your sack. If your man enough wear some extra small whitie tighties and wrap the bottle with hand warmers...Not that I ever had to do that or anything...Just here to help..

Only an idiot would buy a shampoo to wash the "drugs right of the hair" (isnt that a song?) being they test the hair shaft itself, whether or not you use a special "dope removal shampoo" is irrelevent. Same goes with urine detox products since now they test for traces of detox product which in itself will get you tossed and urine has to be of a exact temperature when you do the whiz quiz