User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Inmate1557 wrote: I tend to go with the idiot theory.

I have never met the driver prior to his demise. Did multiple witnesses report he was driving erratically or violating any laws? Surley there was a cell phone in use nearby? I didn't recall the article mentioning that. Maybe I missed it. IMO you should be tuned in prior to broadcasting until the facts are avaiable. But hey, speaking your mind is the beauty of this board. Everyone at one point or another during their life has screwed up.
Cut the Dead Guy some slack. He's already paid the ultimate sacrafice to deliver a load not worth Dying for.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:40 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
None of us are probably the "cartoons" we use as avatars
I am.

Just sayin'

Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member

i always treat every ramp as if it were a "roll over" ramp.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Senior Board Member

holy crap, thats the small company that Rokk used to drive for!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbski
Granted he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. It only takes a second to have your skull crushed for whatever reason. How does anyone really know what the facts were prior to impact?? He may have had a medical problem that contributed, like heart attack,stroke, seizure,fatigue,choking on food etc... Too many good people die on our highways. Whatever the reason, Truth is we will never really know. Was anybody in the cab with him?
Kurb...This is an excellent point. If the driver did experience any type of Medical emergency in the moments leading up to this accident, then by now they know that. The only thing that an autopsy would not show, would be fatigue, which is something the driver could have and should have, controlled. The article didn't mention a co-driver/passenger.

Given the amount of damage that single picture show's, I doubt he would have survived if wearing the seatbelt. Maybe he would have.
This is one of the seatbelt issues that is rarely mentioned, its a lot like the helmet issue for motorcycles. All anti-helmet people that I talk to eventually get to the guy who is run over by a bus or something and brings that up as why helmets are unnecessary. Seat belts in trucks are more of an issue of keeping you butt in the seat and at the controls of the truck during the opening stages of an accident or incident. Did the truck driver veer into the bridge abutment because of some issue or did the first small bump in the chain put into the floorboard and make him a simple passenger to his ultimate death? No one really knows, but for the most part the way truck seats are designed you are up on a pedestal, a little impact can catapult even a big strong person out of the seat. Thoughts to ponder,,
Old 07-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
I kinda agree with Fozzy. ALL ramps should be considered "dangerous" with the possibility of a rollover. If a "professional driver" doesn't have sense to slow down for 1/4 mile on a ramp, he needs to go back to school!

But, I am dismayed that anyone who CALLS himself a driver, could be so callous as to not CARE when a fellow driver dies in an accident. If you don't care about HIM, then you don't care about anyone but yourself, and I hope I am NEVER near you on the road! Wrong, I dont care about anyone who dies by blatant stupidity. The sooner they are off the planet the safer it is for those of use who have the common sense to wear a seatbelt and not speed.

If drivers would CARE a bit more about others doing the same thing, the roads would be alot safer and friendlier! There is no proof that this driver would have survived if he was wearing his seatbelt. His chances were better he would have survived. But apparently the DEAD BBR thought he could cheat death. Oh well...his loss....BFD.

It was a stupid and tragic accident in which a man my own age DIED! He may have had children who will live without him now. Let's have a little RESPECT for the dead driver here! Lets respect stupid people? I guess we have to start respecting those who die from binge drinking and drunk drivers too???

Anyone who "finds it hard to pity" this dead driver, is exhibiting "antisocial behaviour" and needs to get off the road! You disgrace the profession AND the human race! I save my pity for those who deserve it. But tell me why some speeding BBR who thought he could cheat death deserves any pity?

If you HAVE kids, the next time you tuck them in at night, I hope they laugh at you and say, "Daddy, if you DIE due to a lack of judgement, I'll say you DESERVED it! And I won't miss you ONE little bit!"
Why? They'll say that anyway when they become teenagers.
Maybe you would like be a criminal defendant????
Every once in a while I agree with something Golfhobo says and this is one of them. Inmate maybe one day I'll come upon you laying dead in the road because of something stupid you did. I'll probably just run over you because, hey, you're just a dumbass BBR and who gives a crap about you anyway? Just one less reject f**king up the gene pool. A**hole.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Board Regular

Fossy wrote:

the way truck seats are designed you are up on a pedestal.

After you mentioned that, I went to FR8LNR http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/tr...ia/safety.aspx to check the new safety features. The "reverse ejector seat" retracts the seat upon impact pulling the driver down. I like this truck and think it will save lives as long as the belt is being worn and the cab intrusion is minimal.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Let's try to keep it civil here. We all have different opinions. ( Some stated stronger than others ) . Your welcome to state how you feel but let's keep name calling out of it. :wink:
Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
I kinda agree with Fozzy. ALL ramps should be considered "dangerous" with the possibility of a rollover. If a "professional driver" doesn't have sense to slow down for 1/4 mile on a ramp, he needs to go back to school!

But, I am dismayed that anyone who CALLS himself a driver, could be so callous as to not CARE when a fellow driver dies in an accident. If you don't care about HIM, then you don't care about anyone but yourself, and I hope I am NEVER near you on the road! Wrong, I dont care about anyone who dies by blatant stupidity. The sooner they are off the planet the safer it is for those of use who have the common sense to wear a seatbelt and not speed.

If drivers would CARE a bit more about others doing the same thing, the roads would be alot safer and friendlier! There is no proof that this driver would have survived if he was wearing his seatbelt. His chances were better he would have survived. But apparently the DEAD BBR thought he could cheat death. Oh well...his loss....BFD.

It was a stupid and tragic accident in which a man my own age DIED! He may have had children who will live without him now. Let's have a little RESPECT for the dead driver here! Lets respect stupid people? I guess we have to start respecting those who die from binge drinking and drunk drivers too???

Anyone who "finds it hard to pity" this dead driver, is exhibiting "antisocial behaviour" and needs to get off the road! You disgrace the profession AND the human race! I save my pity for those who deserve it. But tell me why some speeding BBR who thought he could cheat death deserves any pity?

If you HAVE kids, the next time you tuck them in at night, I hope they laugh at you and say, "Daddy, if you DIE due to a lack of judgement, I'll say you DESERVED it! And I won't miss you ONE little bit!"
Why? They'll say that anyway when they become teenagers.
Maybe you would like be a criminal defendant????
Every once in a while I agree with something Golfhobo says and this is one of them. Inmate maybe one day I'll come upon you laying dead in the road because of something stupid you did. I'll probably just run over you because, hey, you're just a dumbass BBR and who gives a crap about you anyway? Just one less reject f**king up the gene pool. A**hole.
Why would a corpse feel anything? Running over a dead body would teach it a lesson? I'm not sure, but if you want to give it a try... :roll:
Old 07-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Fozzy, in case you missed it I was being sarcastic. Inmate feels that everyone that dies because they make a mistake deserved it and is not worthy of sympathy or compassion. He is also implying that they are something less than human for their stupidity. I for one will make sure that I never make a mistake for the rest of my life. God knows that I don't want any of my family reading Inmates remarks about how stupid I was if I get killed out here. :roll:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?