LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
You've apparently seen so much useless carnage on the roads, that you now believe every crash must be the cause of someone's "stupidity" and you've lost all respect for "average" people who are sometimes careless.

I'd say the majority of crashes are caused by pure stupidity.
Then outlaw stupidity, euthanize everyone with an I.Q like your OWN! Or take away their cars! Let's start shooting people who hold up a line at Walmart because they want to pay with "correct change!" :roll:

Quote:
All the report had to say was that this driver wasn't wearing his seatbelt (which probably wouldn't have mattered,) and he is "convicted" in your eyes as being "stupid" and deserving of what he got.

Chances are dummy would have survived the accident wearing the seatbelt .But...as a "professional driver he should have known that speeding and not wearing a seatbelt is a recipe for disaster, and he made the choice to avoid both. So am I to get all weepy?
Not if you don't want to.... just keep your comments about him "deserving it" to yourself. There is no proof that wearing a seatbelt would have protected him while hitting a concrete bridge abuttment. Maybe, he wasn't speeding but talking on the cellphone. I asked you... do YOU ever talk on the cellphone while driving?

Quote:
This is the anti-social behaviour I was speaking of. I'm sorry for you. Apparently, YOU have also been the "victim" of the accidents you've seen.

Anti social behavior? Once again you throw around big words without a clue to the meaning. I believe I said, and you can search for it, that I have more sympathy for the victims who are maimed or killed because of the acts of an idiot. Such as the innocent family who is caught in a head on with a drunk driver. I dont give a ratsbehind for the drunk driver and killing the drunk driver will prevent him from driving drunk...again
I know the meaning. Do you? A society is a group of people who share the same concerns and living conditions. They "tend" to care about each other, and the events that affect any or all of them. So, NOW you are advocating the death penalty for ALL drunk drivers, even BEFORE they kill someone? Anti-social means not able to "associate" with all other people in a society.

Quote:
We ALL have alot of respect for the various "first responders" you mentioned. However, when they become so jaded as to no longer CARE about any and ALL victims that they "recover," then they need to get out of the business.

Wrong again, because they dont cry a river of tears for drunks and speeders that injure and kill, I guess that makes 'em "bad people" in your book? Ever stop to think (there's and idea) that these 1st responders are tired of cleaning up the messes caused by other people's negligent actions?????
NO... I expect them to act, and do their JOBS, as "professionals." If they start "assigning blame" they might let the offender, who is still alive, sit in his car till he DIES!" Next thing you know, they'll let a "stupid" driver, who killed NO ONE ELSE, sit and die for his "idiocy." This is a level of service we can DO WITHOUT! When a "First Responder" breaks his oath of caring for the WOUNDED, without regard to responsibility, then it is time for them to RETIRE! If they can't "stomach" the duties of their job, they need to get OUT of it.

Quote:
As I said, I can understand and sometimes echo your "head shaking" disbelief when someone dies because of their own stupidity, but that doesn't make it any less tragic, and in the case of this driver, there is not YET any proof that he is totally "responsible."

Yeah, well there is more proof that he was irresponsible
And again I say, this should be "irrelevant" to a First Responder, but then you weren't REALLY one of those, were you.... you just "rode along?" Oh, wait.... you were the tow truck ride along!

Quote:
And, either way.... he is still a fellow driver, and you COULD have shown a little respect or caring. You chose NOT to, and THAT is what I found distasteful.

Why should I care what he did for a living. He sure as hell did nothing for me. I didnt know the guy, and whether he drove a truck or bicycle, its totally irrelevent to me. Spare me the "he's a fellow driver crapola
And by your first sentence, you show that you're just a "ride along" trucker, too! Another definition of "antisocial" is when one doesn't even care about those closest to him in family or "fraternity." MANY of them end up as mass killers! You're getting very CLOSE to fitting the description!

Quote:
Perhaps, I went a bit over on saying you disgraced the whole human race... (that IS kinda hard to do!...) but, I wouldn't nominate you for the Caring Driver of the Year award!

Hmmm, does that mean I'm worse than the truck driver who was arrested for killing prostitutes? Is he a fellow driver? You respect him? He seem to have respect for drivers regardless of criminal activity, you might as well start at the big time. Or you now going to waffle on your statements?
No waffling here. I SAID I had no respect for those who "intentionally" take another's life. But, I would have some pity for him, as something has definitely affected his "social behaviour." And I have pity for those poor lowly lot lizards who feel they have no other recourse in life. But, I suppose YOU would feel that they are "idiots" who deserved what they got!

I
Quote:
don't know who Fred Phelps is.... but if he's a FELLOW driver, or a FELLOW Veteran.... yes, I'll have some respect for him. If he's a scumsucking Axe murderer... I doubt that I will.

So what if he's an ax murderer, he still a human being that you say I should respect
I didn't SAY that! I said, that you MIGHT want to have a bit of respect for a fellow DRIVER who made a mistake, and killled NO ONE but himself! THIS line of response only proves my point that, as YOU said, you've seen too much to KNOW the difference!

Quote:
Now, how is THAT, or anything ELSE I said, "hypocritical?"

I see no reason to respect anyone who intentionally takes another's life. But, I see no reason to disrespect (or show a lack of sympathy for) someone who kills himself as a result of a human fallability.

Oh here it is, you cant have respect for human life unless they meet your personal criteria.....hypocrite
As IF you could understand, I feel that one who INTENTIONALLY takes the life of another has "forfeited" his place in the SOCIAL society. Although, I still CARE for his immortal soul, I do NOT respect him as a member of society. Therefore, my conscience is CLEAR when he is put to death for his crimes. My "personal" criteria is not the issue, although I admit I am sometimes conflicted. This is completely different from the "anitsocial" behaviour YOU exhibit, by not caring about nor respecting an individual who dies because he made a bad choice! In fact, it is PROVEN, that MOST killers have exhibited "anti-social behaviour" to the extent that YOU are exhibiting. I'm not saying that YOU are capable of killing indiscriminately, but you ARE exhibiting the prerequisite tendencies!

Quote:
I couldn't give a hoot if you "waste your time" caring for anyone who dies for whatever reason. But, yes... when you come out and SAY that you don't care, that shows a certain lack of respect for the dead.

Hmm, the actions of the dead, that could and have killed others, dont matter to you?
I think I've made it CLEAR that they DO matter. I despair as much, if not more, than YOU when someone is killed for no reason. I CARE about the victims of senseless carnage. But, if an 18 year old, texting on her cellphone, kills 5 people including herself, I pity NOT ONLY the families of the 4 "innocents" but ALSO the family of the one who acted "stupidly." Likewise, I CARE about the man who died in this wreck, and his family, and since he killed NO ONE ELSE, I CARE about HIM, and I show some RESPECT for him in passing. We "drivers" know that we are ALWAYS just one slip up away from death. It could be OUR slip up, or someone ELSE'S... either way we are dead, and no one but our families OR another 'driver' will care! You're obviously NOT another "driver."

Quote:
You made a post indicating that you pretty much felt he deserved it. IMHO, that was a declaration of disrespect. I posted my response to it.

Now... can YOU follow that logical thinking?

No I essentially made a post that said, I dont care if stupid people die doing stupid and preventable things. Chances are they would have killed someone who was truly innocent and truly the only victim of someone elses negligent actions. I dont GAF if the guy drove a truck, since I have more respect for the millions of drivers that seemed to have gone through life without breaking the law and engaging in dangerous activity and not endangering the lives of others. I'd rather be associated with that group of drivers
Ha HA!! What a joke! MOST accidents, even involving trucks, are caused by 4 wheelers who are acting STUPID! And YOU want to have MORE respect for THEM? THEY have little or NO respect for the laws, and even LESS for trucks! Are you saying that ALL of THEM are wearing their seatbelts? Or changing lanes appropriately? Or merging into traffic by the LAW? OR NOT talking on a cellphone?

How many of THEM are SITTING above 240 gallons of fuel? How many of THEM have someone cutting them off when they DON'T have the breaking power to compensate? How many of THEM signal their intention to exit the freeway from the correct lane? Or MERGE at the correct speed? You are "aligning" yourself with the biggest mass of stupidity known to MAN! (other than the Bush administration!) And RIGHTLY so! You are ONE of them! You're a 4wheeler!

You have shown your "true colors" and I feel I have "judged" you correctly. But, UNLIKE YOU, I will feel pity for you if you die in an automobile accident, regardless of how YOUR stupidity will probably have caused it. And I will NOT come on THIS board and make statements implying that you "deserved it" because you were STUPID!

I'm DONE with you for now! :roll:

Quote:
Let me ask you this. What if BBR had been tooling down the road and slammed into your family(God forbid) and killed them as well as himself?
You going to attend both funerals? Send flowers to his family with a note that says "no hard feelings xoxoxoxo"? Or are you going to be pissed off at the total stupidity of this person that could have avoided the tragedy?
I WAS done, but then I saw this last segment of your post. And I will answer you in ALL sincerity.

If he were from WAY out of state, it might be dificult for me to attend his funeral, but if local, a resounding YES!!

At the very LEAST, I would send them a letter. I would want to tell them that, as a trucker, I realize that some things are out of our control. I would HOPE that he wasn't being stupid, but, I would realize that "if he were" he would be little different from MANY on the roads today, both truckers and 4wheelers!

I would want them to know that, "THERE. but for the grace of God, go I!"

I would want them to know that I SHARE their LOSS. And that I KNOW they share MINE. I would want them to KNOW that I don't expect people to be PERFECT!

I would want them to know that I DON'T expect them to live out their lives in shame over something THEY had no control over.

Trucking is a dangerous business! That is why I have been so strongly against WIMPS getting into it!

But, if I lost my ability to CARE about others, because I'd seen too many corpses on the road, or in the battlefield, I would KNOW that it is time to "walk away" and regroup my senses. YOU, my friend, are at that crossroad. I hope you chose the right path.

I'm not going to comment on everything you said. I refuse to argue with the blindly ignorant. But its apparent that a human life has to meet certain criteria for you to care, although you claim to care and claim to care more than me (despite the fact that you dont know me) you still have shown your hypocritical side of things. The proof is this, I'm honest, and you have a big problem with people being honest. I'm sure with therapy, strong meds, and a nice long vacation you can see the light.
I wish you the best of luck in whatever program Dr.Phil prescribes for you.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
I'm not going to comment on everything you said. I refuse to argue with the blindly ignorant. But its apparent that a human life has to meet certain criteria for you to care, although you claim to care and claim to care more than me (despite the fact that you dont know me) you still have shown your hypocritical side of things. The proof is this, I'm honest, and you have a big problem with people being honest. I'm sure with therapy, strong meds, and a nice long vacation you can see the light.
I wish you the best of luck in whatever program Dr.Phil prescribes for you.
To quote my favorite line from a movie, "An Officer and a Gentleman," and though it is against my OWN branch of service......

"Sell it to the AIR FORCE, Mayo!" :lol: :lol:

After ALL I posted, THAT is the best you can come up with? :lol: :lol:

I clearly stated that I respect ALL life, with the possible exception of those who exhibit anti-social behaviour in indiscriminantly TAKING another's life, and YOU say that "I" have discriminate "standards" about who I will care about?? :roll:

YOU.... who declared to have NO PITY for those who lose their life out of an act of their own stupidity? :shock:

You think I have a problem with people being HONEST? :lol:

I don't have a problem with your honesty at ALL! But, I recognize the anti-social behaviour in it, and I called you on it!

You think YOU are SO PERFECT that YOU could/would NEVER make such a mistake! And anyone LESS perfect than YOU deserves what they get?

Have you ever even driven a truck? I don't know (as you say, I don't KNOW you,) but based on your posts, I don't THINK so!

If you HAD, you might have a little more RESPECT for the dead driver, who killed no one but himself, and EVEN if he HAD! It's a terrible thing for a driver of an 80k lb missile to kill someone in a 4wheeler, EVEN when it is THEIR fault! We have gone from being the "knights of the Road' to the "defenders of the stupid!" But, YOU wouldn't KNOW that, would you?

If "ANYONE" has the right to take a "callouse" stance about the 4wheelers who die every year under the wheels of a big rig, it is the TRUCKER! But, it is a testament to our "professionalism" that we DO CARE! JUST as we "care" about a fellow trucker who died at his OWN hands!

YOU have exhibited NEITHER a care for the dead trucker, NOR a care for anyone who dies from a mistake (especially if they happen to kill OTHERS.) So, I can't claim that YOU have a double standard. You despise EVERYBODY that isn't as perfect as YOU!

I think it is YOU who needs therapy and Dr. Phill! It is YOU who can't face the honest appraisal of your own jaded opinions. And, as one who has experienced the MEDS you refer to, it is YOU who needs to see a doctor and GET SOME!

And NOW.... I am done with you. Your pitiful "viewpoint" has taken up enough of my day!

Any response, if no better than your LAST one, will be a waste of both of our times.

But, hey! Feel free to further make an Azz of yourself! :roll:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Old 07-17-2007, 02:49 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Fozzy: I was gonna ask you to send me a link to this "reply" of yours, but I think I have it now.

So, next time YOU get into a pizzing contest, I can reply with the same stupid graphic!

Your "opinion" such as it is, is noted. Now, go back to sleep! :roll:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Fozzy is getting lazy. I guess his time is too important to waste any of it posting something worthwhile.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 07-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Fozzy is getting lazy. I guess his time is too important to waste any of it posting something worthwhile.
This topic quit being worthwhile after the third page or so... :P
Old 07-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Board Regular
Default For the love of god

Let this thread die.

And inmate.. you're exactly the kind of driver we dont need otr. Id bet money you sit in truck stops playing music on the cb or go down the road talking about your panties eh.

Ugh 1% of truckers need to be put down so they quit destroying the reputations of the rest of us.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: For the love of god

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdreid
Let this thread die.

And inmate.. you're exactly the kind of driver we dont need otr. Id bet money you sit in truck stops playing music on the cb or go down the road talking about your panties eh.

Ugh 1% of truckers need to be put down so they quit destroying the reputations of the rest of us.
I'd bet you are an idiot.
Just by your post, you leave no doubt.
Go home, boy.