Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
WooHoo!

Maybe I'll bring one of them mountain girls back too! LOL

They are GREAT! Just make sure you get a REAL mountain girl. The real ones have one leg shorter than the other. If you live in the flat land you never have to worry about them running away. They just circle back to the house. :P
Old 06-25-2007, 12:23 AM

I grew up there and that area is beautiful! Just take it slow, you might tick off the locals driving slow but whats a few extra minutes to be safe.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Board Regular

Hey guys, I finally made it back home! I thought I'd never get anyone to stop and help out of the water :mrgreen:

That truly is some beautiful country.

Fredog, I stopped at the shopping center you mentioned, but after thinking about it a while decided that my schedule would look a lot better if I just went on into Murphy Sunday night. I spent the night at the consignee. They were, by the way, within 100 yds of the Citgo station you mentioned!

After getting empty Monday morning, they sent me up to Morganton for a pickup. I ran 74 up to I-40. I would love to make that entire trip again someday in a 4 wheeler with plenty of time to stop and look around. That is definitely some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen.

Thanks for the help guys. I probably would have routed around that area if you guys hadn't told me it was passable. That saved me a lot of miles. The curves weren't too bad since I was expecting them. There was a lot more traffic than I expected, even at midnight on a Sunday night, but it wasn't too bad. I don't remember having to run anyone off the road or anything!! :shock: :shock: I did have a few 4 wheelers who had to follow me for a while. There were plenty of good pullovers though, so when I saw one in time, I would pull over and let 'em around.

Thanks again everyone!!

Arky
Old 07-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Arky;

Your best bet by far would actually be to travel West, through California, past Hawaii, then cross the International Dateline; that will have you leaving yesterday.

Then, head North, come over the North Pole, down through Canada, then, head South East to Murphy, N.C.
At some point, you will cross the International Dateline again, making it tommorrow, but since you already crossed the International Date Line before, tommorrow will actually be today.

Providing that you don't stop to tour the truck stops, you'll arrive in North Carolina right at about the time that you left, so you'll still have plenty of hours left to drive!!

P.S.; This only works if the company you drive for pays hub miles, rather than HHG miles.;-)
Old 07-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Arky;

Your best bet by far would actually be to travel West, through California, past Hawaii, then cross the International Dateline; that will have you leaving yesterday.

Then, head North, come over the North Pole, down through Canada, then, head South East to Murphy, N.C.
At some point, you will cross the International Dateline again, making it tommorrow, but since you already crossed the International Date Line before, tommorrow will actually be today.

Providing that you don't stop to tour the truck stops, you'll arrive in North Carolina right at about the time that you left, so you'll still have plenty of hours left to drive!!

P.S.; This only works if the company you drive for pays hub miles, rather than HHG miles.;-)

but if you wait until next week, you could arrive 3 days ago
Old 07-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Senior Board Member

I used to travel that regularly (in a four wheeler) when I lived in East Tennessee. US 421 from Bristol to Hickory, NC is another road that makes you wonder how in the hell they mark it as a truck route :wink:

Arrow sent me down the latter about a month ago...thought I was going to have to use my winch bar to pry the seat cushion out of my rider's rear end! :lol: