User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper
What company and how do you know the whole story? You only heard one side. The trainee may have decided he wanted to go home. It's bad press for a company to do that so it makes me question if it actually happened.
Good point, but I think that everyone is taking the newbie's side of the story since he had puppydog eyes and a crocodile tear or two. I think he would've had more of a cocky attitude had he made the decision to get off of the truck. Then again, maybe he thought that he was going to get a free ride home. We'll never know.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

This story may be true, but something doesn't quite sound right. Over the years, I have helped a number of people at truck stops. I am sure that some were just running a scam. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if they are telling the truth or not. If you find that someone you helped was not being truthful then you will be reluctant to help the next person, and they might really be in need. :sad:
Old 12-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
This story may be true, but something doesn't quite sound right. Over the years, I have helped a number of people at truck stops. I am sure that some were just running a scam. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if they are telling the truth or not. If you find that someone you helped was not being truthful then you will be reluctant to help the next person, and they might really be in need. :sad:
gman did you tell the ones that asked for rides
"ass or gas no one rides free"
its funny try it some time.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member

My DH is a trainer and he left his trainee at a truck stop this morning...It was also the bus stop.

There is more to the story than meets the eye, I am sure.

My DH's trainee has a few screws loose. He threated to call the police on him cause it was cold in the truck last night (it was 42 degrees out) He said it was "inhumane" treatment of a trainee.

He was going to call the police because he stopped at Denny's this morning for breakfast instead of McDonalds....this was again "inhumane" treatment.

This guy lasted two weeks with Conventant and his trainer put him out of the truck and he was sent home. Then he comes to DH company and gets in his truck. This guy is a real wacko....I am sure MOST triainers do NOT put their students out without just cause.

tootie
Old 12-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Senior Board Member

doesn't matter what the deal is, a trainner shouldn't abandon someone short of thier life being in jeprody becuse of the student. I've heard of a mentor leaving a student at a hotel but it was right next to the terminal.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock
doesn't matter what the deal is, a trainner shouldn't abandon someone short of thier life being in jeprody becuse of the student. I've heard of a mentor leaving a student at a hotel but it was right next to the terminal.

I do agree. No one should put you out of a truck unless prior arrangements are made. In DH's case the bus ticket was bought for the trainee pryor to letting him out of the truck. Also DH offered the trianee 30.00 for food to get him back to the terminal.

Tootie
Old 12-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Senior Board Member

tootie is their something wrong with a human being wanting to sleep in a warm truck. and not a camping enviroment .
me personelly i love it when its cold but cant stand the heat. just me some people r exact opposite.
someone going to call the police cauz they stopped at dennys instead of mcd sounds a little far fetched even to me.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Yes I agree, you have a right to sleep in a warm truck BUT If you were warned BEFORE getting into the truck that the truck is NOT idled at night and you still agree and get into that truck then you have no business whining.

It is true that this guy threated to call the police over the Dennys vs Mcdonalds issue, I told ya he has a few screws loose.

Tootie
Old 12-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Senior Board Member

come on whats he suppose to do sit in the terminal and not make any money, waiting for another trainer for god knows how long.
this is intimadation any good trainer would go the extramile with in reason for their student since most carriers offeer bonuses for completion and safe driving after the training is over.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj

There is no way in hell somebody is going to get stuck with a abandonment if they got kicked off the truck by their trainer. It wouldn't happen if they up and quit voluntarily. The trainee is not the one responsible for the welfare of the truck. What s stupid and completely irresponsible statement to make. But looking at the source I can't say I'm surprised.
read slowly so you understand.
The student/ is assigned to the truck he is a licensed driver, the student abandons the truck, ie quits in training. This is legally reportable and done all the time why don't you just read the company policy sheet he or she signed.
another example for your weak mind the trainee decides to ram another vehicle according to your logic its not his fault and shouldnt get the accident on his dac. The rules apply to all drivers whether their new or not.The only place to leave a truck is a terminal or with written authorization from such term.
I'm not the one who has the problem understanding, moron. A vehicle abandonment means you leave the vehicle which is under YOUR charge (not someone elses) in a manner that causes the company who owns the truck to have to recover the truck because it was not left in an approved location. This is not the case here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you can't understand the difference between getting into an accident and walking away from a truck that still has a trainer in it there is no point trying to explain it to you.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?