User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Why a pet deposit, but no smoker deposit?

Most companies who allow pets, want 250-500 deposit to have a pet on board. Some, the refund is only partial, they say it's because when you leave the truck, need that money for cleaning and such. The rest of the deposit is considering your cat/dog claws/chews up a seat or something. However, they don't make smokers pay anything. They won't even charge them for the burns. Smoke will ruin the interior and can't be cleaned all the way. When you get in a used truck, if it's been cleaned well, you can't tell for sure it a pet has been in there, but there is no mistaking if the former driver was a smoker. Yes, a cat or dog might tear thing us some, but I have never heard of a company charging a driver who burned holes in the seat for a new seat/cover. No, not all smokers burn up the truck's interior, but not all animals tear things up either.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Senior Board Member

No comment, I'm in enouh trouble as it is. 8)
Old 12-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

That is a good idea. Charge smokers a deposit. I have been through that with my own trucks and drivers. You are correct. You cannot get all of the smell out of the truck. It would probably be a good idea to have separate trucks. One for smokers, another for non-smokers. :P
Old 12-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Senior Board Member

That's a GREAT idea, we should all pitch it to every company we work for or apply for. I can get a dog smell out in a day or two but smoke can take months and sometimes you cant get it out at all
Old 12-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Rookie

I hope nobody gets me wrong, it's not about being anti-smoking or not, it about simple logic. A pet deposit but no smoker deposit just doesn't make any sence. Same thing with renting apartments and houses, they want a pet deposit, but they don't even bother someone who smokes. A pet might piss on the carpet, but if you clean it up right away, there will be no sign. If you owned a house, and rented to a smoker, when they move out you'll have to replace the carpet most likley and paint the walls.

I don't smoke but I'm not anti-smoking, what you do is your buisness, and what I do is mine, as long as were not hurting anyone else. I almost married a smoker, and I had no problem with her smoking in my car, I have a few friends who smoke, it doesn't bother me, but I would object to thier smoking before thier dog or cat.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:20 PM

Excellent point!!! I had to use a "smokers truck" for a day, it made my skin burn. Wound up cleaning it myself :evil:
Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Board Icon

Oh Puhleeeeze!!!! :roll:

I wish all you wimps who can't stand the smell of smoke would stay out of trucking! And while you're at it.... don't FART in MY truck! I might get offended and go crying to my mommy! :roll:

I bet your mommy didn't make you clean up your plate and eat all your veggies either! :lol:

Here.... sit in front of the T.V. and play video games. I wouldn't want you to go outside and play with the big boys! You might skin your knee or something.

How about all you parents with unruly kids staying out of my restaurants, too! I shouldn't have to listen to all that noise polution! I didn't bear those noisy kids!

And quit walking down the street with your Ipods blasting rap music! Or driving by me with your kickers thumping!

And while you're at it.... if you're overweight..... keep your fat ass at HOME! It OFFENDS me to have to look at ya!

Don't speak Spanish or any other foreign language around me either!

And pull up your friggin' PANTS! I don't want to see your undies!

Don't mention GOD around me! I might be a muslim!

Did I forget anything? Or did I pretty much cover all MY rights to pursuit of happiness at the expense of YOURS???

After all.... It's ALL about ME, ME, ME!!!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Senior Board Member

none of the annoyances you mentioned will endanger anyones life or make them sick.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

this anti smoking bandwagon is about to get so overloaded the wheels are going to fall off. Its a little bit of smoke smell, if a simple smell in a truck disrupts your life that easy I cant imagine how you can deal with all the other struggles life throws out at people. I'm telling you the world is turning into one giant platter of weiners!!! I'm sorry if that offends anyone. Please dont sue me.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Oh Puhleeeeze!!!! :roll:

I wish all you wimps who can't stand the smell of smoke would stay out of trucking! And while you're at it.... don't FART in MY truck! I might get offended and go crying to my mommy! :roll:

I bet your mommy didn't make you clean up your plate and eat all your veggies either! :lol:

Here.... sit in front of the T.V. and play video games. I wouldn't want you to go outside and play with the big boys! You might skin your knee or something.

How about all you parents with unruly kids staying out of my restaurants, too! I shouldn't have to listen to all that noise polution! I didn't bear those noisy kids!

And quit walking down the street with your Ipods blasting rap music! Or driving by me with your kickers thumping!

And while you're at it.... if you're overweight..... keep your fat ass at HOME! It OFFENDS me to have to look at ya!

Don't speak Spanish or any other foreign language around me either!

And pull up your friggin' PANTS! I don't want to see your undies!

Don't mention GOD around me! I might be a muslim!

Did I forget anything? Or did I pretty much cover all MY rights to pursuit of happiness at the expense of YOURS???

After all.... It's ALL about ME, ME, ME!!!
Goodone!
I am, as well as nearly 50% of all trucker, a smoker; You will be hard pressed to find a cigarette burn in any of my vehicles, definately none in the one I spend most of my time. I crack the window and turn on the blower motor on fresh air and whoop- out goes the smoke...Now I just have to fix the exhaust leak, so I dont breathe fumes...