User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2006, 04:22 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

That aint right. :P

A lot of the little area towns have unmarked pickups. They have the red,blue lights in the grill,and they like to sit in parking lots,etc. If you aint looking for the lights,you would think that it would be just another pickup.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
That aint right. :P

A lot of the little area towns have unmarked pickups. They have the red,blue lights in the grill,and they like to sit in parking lots,etc. If you aint looking for the lights,you would think that it would be just another pickup.
And YOUR state has gone totally nuts with DOT-Every County-City has a DOT Dept. and that doesn't include the State and Feds :P
Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 AM
Board Icon

Yeah. Youre right. We do. Almost every town has a DPS/DOT office. The town may not even have a grocery store,but they have a DOT office.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok the guys who take forever to get it up to speed on ramps are a little annoying , but slowing down to say 55 before you get to the weigh station can be sensible if you can't see it until your 1/4 mile away ,as i have seen instances where the truck traffic is flooded out onto the shoulder ,and the sign is still up reading open ,and they are not by passing anyone on the pre-pass....Here is a hint that sign placed a mile away from the weigh station is there so ...YOU ARE PRE-PARED TO STOP... this generally means slowing down to a speed that will let you stop in a hurry..HENCE BE PRE-PARED to STOP....keeping your foot mashed to the floor is not being PRE-PARED to stop.... :wink:

As for the guys doing 3 mph in the truck stops ..they are the sensible ones ..if your in 3 rd or higher your not driving for your surroundings ,as truck stops are usually crowed or over crowded places with pedestrian and truck traffic going every which way .. with people popping out from along side trucks and fuel aisles your a fool if you run faster than 3-5 mph in these places ...
Old 10-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Blowing off steam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpick
One of my biggest peeves is people who crawl in truck stops! I hate to get behind those yahoos. It?s like they think they are strutting their stuff or something! Why do so many people believe they must literally crawl when they are in a truck stop?
Well, I may be one of the ones that you don't like. Not sure just want you think of as slow, but I've seen 3 accidents in the truck stop lot. One truck RACING through the lot to get to a parking place, and another leaving the lot. They meet at the end of the row of trucks and collided. Both going TOO FAST TO STOP IN TIME.

In another case, one truck was backing into a spot and the other JUST HAD TO GET THROUGH BEHIND him. The guy backing hit the other trailer just behind the middle, and the guy RACING through the lot got his entire frame for the rear doors taken off the trailer. It and the back doors were hanging from the left side of the trailer. I don't feel the least bit sorry for the STUPID IDIOTS that must see how fast they can get their trucks to move between two rows of trucks. If speed is that important to them, they belong on a race track, not in a truck stop. In a truck stop, it's called COURTESY AND SAFETY. If you can not see that aspect of it, GET OUT OF A TRUCK.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:29 AM

Are we really pissin' an' moanin' about courtesy and safety here? Take your time and look at that good lookin' Pete or ol' broke down K- Whopper. Every now and then you see a pretty murrial or 2. Enjoy that truckstop....They're leaving fast and being replaced by"travel centers"! Bah!!!
Don't get so fast you pass your job by,hombre!
Old 10-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpick
One of my biggest peeves is people who crawl in truck stops! I hate to get behind those yahoos. It?s like they think they are strutting their stuff or something! Why do so many people believe they must literally crawl when they are in a truck stop?

Moreover, a lot of them will not only crawl while at the truck stops, they will literally crawl up the Interstate ramps onto the Interstates as well and cause traffic around them to scramble out the way in order to avoid them. I know because I?m stuck behind those idiots seething all the time waiting for the traffic to clear up so I can hurry up and pass those A?holes too. No wonder the public at large hates inconsiderate truck drivers so much! And it?s not just a few of them that do it, it?s lots of truck drivers that have this exceedingly bad habit!

Another peeve of mind is truck drivers who see the sign ?weigh station 1 mile? and then immediately begins slowing down in advance, even though there?s another mile or more of travel to go. That really pisses me off! Don?t they realize that there is another mile to go, that they are impeding traffic behind them when they do that, and that a lot of truckers today are fortunate enough to have ?EZ Pass? and won?t even have to enter the weigh stations. Nevertheless?those clueless yahoos who are oblivious to the immediate world surrounding them and only aware of their own little world start slowing down immediately impeding the lane of travel for every one and their brothers behind them. Damn?that pisses me off!
This is the most ridiculous bitch I have ever herd. Its not a 3000 lb car its an 80000 lb truck it takes more time to stop use some common sense slow down and drive with caution.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Board Regular

I don't see any aircraft pilots racing down the taxiway to get to the runway first.

Nor tugboats. Nor freight trains.

All of these, including trucks, take forever and a day to get going, and even longer to get em stopped.

A number of days ago, I was heading into a truckstop in NC after a long day of driving, when just before the entrance to the t/s, a corvette was sitting at a stop sign off the opposing interstate off-ramp, waiting for me to go by, so it seems.... well, guess he felt that with 100 feet ahead of my bumper he could jet out in front of me and make his left turn.

Had I been going any faster than 20 miles an hour with that heavy load across the interstate overpass, his pretty car would have been scrap metal.

There's no shame in trolling it across the tarmac!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I am dumbfounded that this post was even made.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I thought it was Hilarious even though I don't think Toothpick wanted it to be :P
I about fell out of my chair Laughing last nite when I read it.