User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
My point was that charging thru the mud till you get stuck is EXACTLY the kind of driving TMC does NOT want nor need. Explain to me how driving THAT way for 1, 10 or a hundred years would in ANY way prepare you to drive a nice new Pete?
You have to drive that way to get through the mud. I never charged going through mud in till i was stuck. I would hammer down right before i got to it to make sure i get through. But you have to know what gears to use when your in deep mud and how to drive in it, If not you can rip drive shafts off and start doing alot of damage. By the way if you can drive an some what older dump truck i think driving a new pete would be a cake walk.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:
My point was that charging thru the mud till you get stuck is EXACTLY the kind of driving TMC does NOT want nor need. Explain to me how driving THAT way for 1, 10 or a hundred years would in ANY way prepare you to drive a nice new Pete?
You have to drive that way to get through the mud. I never charged going through mud in till i was stuck. I would hammer down right before i got to it to make sure i get through. But you have to know what gears to use when your in deep mud and how to drive in it, If not you can rip drive shafts off and start doing alot of damage. By the way if you can drive an some what older dump truck i think driving a new pete would be a cake walk.
Yep that's how you get through mud but on this job we were told to run as fast as we could because when you have about 100 trucks crammed in a 3mi space you ether move or get shoved out of the way.

By the way these trucks were beefed up Mack RD's with 427HP Macks and 8LL Eaton Fullers.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Board Regular

Mackman, truth be told your most likely better off at the job your at then with TMC anyway, they are a little glamourized.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Board Regular

also sometimes when a new driver fresh out of cdl school starts with a company they arrogantly think that company is the best of the best and no one can tell them no different until inevitably that company does that person wrong finally then that company is garbage and they move on to the next so I wouldn't go with TMC because of the hype or their shiny truck image. Those are definitely the wrong reasons.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:00 PM

the elastic web-footed swimming bird said:

Quote:
sometimes when a new driver fresh out of cdl school starts with a company they arrogantly think that company is the best of the best and no one can tell them no different until inevitably that company does that person wrong finally then that company is garbage and they move on to the next
On the other hand, the new drivers are the ones who are living the toughest life. They have to put up with the trainers from hell and the lousy runs once they go solo. The guys with seniority get the better runs and much lower turnover. The experienced drivers know how to use the system to their benefit, so they won't have as many complaints.

It is the new drivers who encounter the horror stories that cause the first year drivers to quit in such large numbers resulting in 100% to 150% turnover rates Their comments are very informative on the issues a new driver will face.

my truck photos at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbenson...7600014142203/
Old 10-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberducky
also sometimes when a new driver fresh out of cdl school starts with a company they arrogantly think that company is the best of the best and no one can tell them no different until inevitably that company does that person wrong finally then that company is garbage and they move on to the next so I wouldn't go with TMC because of the hype or their shiny truck image. Those are definitely the wrong reasons.
Arrogantly THINK???? HAHAHA I did months of research and comparisons BEFORE choosing TMC and chose them before I ever went to CDL school. I'm a 40 year old business owner and work for TMC solely because it's something I WANT to to, not HAVE to do. I'm not a 23 year old "kid" with trucking stars in my eyes who was blinded by TMC top of the line trucks.
Even after being with them for 7 months now, I STILL have yet to find a better choice for new drivers than TMC. For a newbie, TMC offers the highest pay, best home time, excellent benefits, and most beautiful & safe equipment available. Disagree??? Name another large company who compares with them on all of the above and be prepared to back up your claim.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I'm not a 23 year old "kid" with trucking stars in my eyes.
I hope that wasnt a pernsnaol attack. Cuz fred if it was LOL i know i could out drive you anyday of the week. You have 7 months exp. I got 5 years and only at 23 years old. But am going to let this die cuz am starting to sound like a CB RAMBO. But online talking about out driving people. LOL

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:
I'm not a 23 year old "kid" with trucking stars in my eyes.
I hope that wasnt a pernsnaol attack. Cuz fred if it was LOL i know i could out drive you anyday of the week. You have 7 months exp. I got 5 years and only at 23 years old. But am going to let this die cuz am starting to sound like a CB RAMBO. But online talking about out driving people. LOL
I NEVER attack anyone on these forums. Didn't realize YOU were 23 (I remember now). I thought you were much older. I just used 23 as an example since that is the minimum hiring age at TMC. hehehe As far as outdriving me, well we won't argue that here as there's no way to prove it but I wouldn't mind taking you up on your challenge perhaps someday in the future at a trucker's rodeo. :wink: there have been MANY a veteran driver taught a "lesson" by a rookie!
Old 10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Board Regular