User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

[quote="Mr. Ford95"]Stop the BS, I have never driven into a construction zone where the speed limit was unposted, you just weren't paying good enough attention. I have no sympathy for you...quote]

I agree.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Speeding ticket in a constrution zone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Quote:
Originally Posted by USXRecruiter4080
from what I understand the judge will be more lenient on you seeing as y our CDL is how you make your living.
Maybe in TN, but not where I'm from. You come into a courtroom here with a CDL license and a ticket for 20 mph over in a workzone, you better believe your not walking out of there with it. It's a wonder he wasn't placed under arrest on the spot. In the judge's eyes, we are the professional's out there, we should know better and be a good example of safe driving.
A a profesional driver, you should know to slow down in a construction zone whether there is a sign or not, Let me ask you this, if you were taking a road test for a job or a cdl test, would you have slowed down?
Old 01-12-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Get a lawyer now.

And knock offf the innocent act. Your attorney won't even go that route. The best you can hope for is to plea it down to a lesser offense. Even if all the lawyer can do is reduce it to "speeding 1-10 over" it makes a big difference. Construction zone or not, a 20 over ticket will hurt you, especially if you ever apply with another trucking company.
You cannot plea a lesser offense anmore. Yo are either found guilty of the original offense or not.
FYI thats not true karnaj..They tried to offer me what they called a great deal..They said the ticket wouldnt show on my CDL and I would get no points if I agreed to pay hefty fine which I refused to do.. so off to trial I went..

Obviously when you take a speeding ticket to court and prove that you were not speeding beyond a reasonable doubt..They MUST drop the ticket period.. which is just what I was able to do..

To tell you how I did it..I went through there again and I filmed where I was stopped at by the cop.. and I showed the judge right where I was stopped at by the cop... which was right after the 65 mph sign.. which also happen to have the mile marker conviently right next to the mph sign.. and the cop wrote that mile marker on the ticket saying thats where he stopped me :lol: ... and I was doing 55 mph like he said.. Very simple..Case dismissed and found not guilty !!!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:13 PM

Good job monster, about 85-90% of convictions, whether it is a traffic offense right up to a felony, occur because the defendent just lays down and pleads guilty. You exercised your rights, had your day in court, and won. It was fruititous that you turned down thier offer, because cops and courts can lie all they want: whatever offer they give you they don'thave to honor that offer if you plead guilty.