User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Speeding ticket in a constrution zone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Rig
Im thinking what to do with my situation.. I got a ticket going 20 over the limit in a construction zone.. Here are my four choices that I feel I have..Which one would you go with..

1. pay the ticket which I refuse to do..

2. go at it myself in court..

3. get open road or tvg pro driver.

4. hire a local lawyer where ticket was issued to see if I can at least reduce the fines and or points or an outright dismissal..

As of right now I have no accidents and or tickets on my CDL.. and do still until this point have a safe driver status and want to keep it that way.. I have a good idea which one I may go with..but I want to hear what others think that have in the know or gone through this situation before... Thanks in advance to all who reply..
GO TO COURT!!!! My safety department NEVER let's me bring that stuff in, and from what I understand the judge will be more lenient on you seeing as y our CDL is how you make your living.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Speeding ticket in a constrution zone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by USXRecruiter4080
from what I understand the judge will be more lenient on you seeing as y our CDL is how you make your living.
Maybe in TN, but not where I'm from. You come into a courtroom here with a CDL license and a ticket for 20 mph over in a workzone, you better believe your not walking out of there with it. It's a wonder he wasn't placed under arrest on the spot. In the judge's eyes, we are the professional's out there, we should know better and be a good example of safe driving.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
from what I understand the judge will be more lenient on you seeing as y our CDL is how you make your living.
Maybe if he's Mayor Corker's nephew..................here in Memphis, he'd be handing that CDL over to the Court Clerk and into the Judge's hand.....
Old 01-09-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Stop the BS, I have never driven into a construction zone where the speed limit was unposted, you just weren't paying good enough attention. I have no sympathy for you because I make deliveries to construction zones all the time with equipment which means you could have hurt or killed me by blasting thru. It's dangerous enough with all the idiots on cellphones not paying attention. I have seen fellow workers get hit and have nearly been hit myself because of idiots who speed thru there because they think we are holding them up and wasting their time.

I did stop the BS ford95..I stopped posting on this thread till I went to court.. I find it funny how you and nascar assumed that there were any other people around the construction zone that day as you two were obviously not there..FYI it was me.....my truck...the walls and the cop.. Dont know how in the f**k I could kill you or your friends when there were no vehicles arouind besides me and the cop.. Unless you two consider yourself the walls lmfao.. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedb28
you need to duck, theres a book coming your way.

Yeah.. I will tell you what book the judge threw when I finally got to prove my case in court that day.

Sir.. your ticket has been DISMISSED BY THIS COURT!!! Have a good day your free to go.. :wink:
Old 01-09-2007, 09:01 PM

how did you manage to get it dropped? were you able to prove that there weren't any signs or something. i know in Michigan you pretty well screwed either way. congrats on getting the ticket thrown out. just remember when there's construction always pay GOOD attention for speed limit changes. and that not directed at ANYONE, but EVERYONE.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Board Icon

Your lucky, real lucky. Must have been a case like my wife had, the officer forgot where he was and what the speed limit was. Wife got popped for doing 55 mph. She was in a 55 zone but the cop thought it was a 45 zone. He didn't realize it until he started to walk back to his cruiser, he ended up letting her go with a warning because he couldn't bring himself to apologize. It was an intersection where two approaching sides are 45 and the other two are 55 because they are a major highway.

Maybe next time, try being a little more detailed instead of being as vague as possible, prolly won't get jumped on quite as bad.

BTW, not all construction people are in vehicles, we are out on foot a lot and are a little bit harder to spot like that.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbasher
how did you manage to get it dropped? were you able to prove that there weren't any signs or something. i know in Michigan you pretty well screwed either way. congrats on getting the ticket thrown out. just remember when there's construction always pay GOOD attention for speed limit changes. and that not directed at ANYONE, but EVERYONE.

I was able to prove what I said here all along bcbasher.. I was NOT speeding..When I went in to court the cop was surprised how ready I was and he didnt bring anything in court to disprove what I was saying and showing.. The judge told the prosecutor and cop that he had no choice ..that by law he had to drop the case..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Your lucky, real lucky. Must have been a case like my wife had, the officer forgot where he was and what the speed limit was. Wife got popped for doing 55 mph. She was in a 55 zone but the cop thought it was a 45 zone. He didn't realize it until he started to walk back to his cruiser, he ended up letting her go with a warning because he couldn't bring himself to apologize. It was an intersection where two approaching sides are 45 and the other two are 55 because they are a major highway.

Maybe next time, try being a little more detailed instead of being as vague as possible, prolly won't get jumped on quite as bad.

BTW, not all construction people are in vehicles, we are out on foot a lot and are a little bit harder to spot like that.
Ford I didnt want to give to much detailed info as to NOT hurt my case thats why you can say that I was kinda vague in my posting..I know many workers are on foot thats why when approaching a constrution zone I am well aware of the speed limit and also which side the work is on and unless its down to one lane.. I stay away and drive on opp side from the constrution equipment and or workers when I can..Most of us know that as truckers... as long as we look way ahead down the road you will avoid many things and hazards that are on the road daily. :wink:
Old 01-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Senior Board Member

There is a small chance he will beat it in court . If the cop didn't do something right or the radar gun had not been re certified .
Old 01-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Board Icon

mikey, he said it got dropped.

MR, good deal, you did get lucky on that one. The cop f-ed up by having a blank sheet of paper on you. Doesn't happen often. Thanks for giving us some space and keep it up then. I hate having to jump up onto my truck or trailer to avoid being clipped. :?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Get a lawyer now.

And knock offf the innocent act. Your attorney won't even go that route. The best you can hope for is to plea it down to a lesser offense. Even if all the lawyer can do is reduce it to "speeding 1-10 over" it makes a big difference. Construction zone or not, a 20 over ticket will hurt you, especially if you ever apply with another trucking company.
You cannot plea a lesser offense anmore. Yo are either found guilty of the original offense or not.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?