User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

"Criminal Speeding"?...... :?

Jeez, the cop really wanted that guy off the road! Probably succeeded, too. Good deal.. Bad driver off the road, and no one killed. Good move, officer, I say.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Rig
I was
going under the speed limit from the sign that I last saw..Believe it or not..
There is the answer right there. You were guilty. Ignorance of the speed limit is not a defense, unless you can prove that there was no sign, or that the sign was obstructed.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Senior Board Member
Default ?

Just because you said you normally see 55-60 mph in construction zones doesn't mean that they are all going to be that. It is what it is.....To give you a ticket for 20 over there has to be a sign that clearly read what the speed limit was, not what you think it should be. The best thing to do now is start looking for another profession. Because with a 20 over in a construction zone you CDL is pretty much worthless.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

All States are Different and you better find out Quick what the Laws are if you want to be a Truck Driver.

In my State ALL tickets in a constructiion zone are Doubled and so are the Points. IF you hit someone in a Construction zone you're going to Automatically Cough up Another $7,500 and a very good possiblity of going to Prison.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
In my State ALL tickets in a constructiion zone are Doubled and so are the Points.
It should be triple if you ask me. I used to work construction and i hate it when people come by like a bat out of hell.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Board Regular

I have no love what soever for a person speeding in a construction zone you could have killed me or one or more of my friends and if you get a ticket in a construction zone you probably deserve it in fact I'm real sure you deserved it.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Rig
I was
going under the speed limit from the sign that I last saw..Believe it or not..
There is the answer right there. You were guilty. Ignorance of the speed limit is not a defense, unless you can prove that there was no sign, or that the sign was obstructed.
Thats just what im gonna do rev...Prove my case..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort
Just because you said you normally see 55-60 mph in construction zones doesn't mean that they are all going to be that. It is what it is.....To give you a ticket for 20 over there has to be a sign that clearly read what the speed limit was, not what you think it should be. The best thing to do now is start looking for another profession. Because with a 20 over in a construction zone you CDL is pretty much worthless.
Worthless CDL? not at all lmfao..Seems like most of these posts in this thread are worthless .. You know who you are..And the speed limit was not posted..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarFan
I have no love what soever for a person speeding in a construction zone you could have killed me or one or more of my friends and if you get a ticket in a construction zone you probably deserve it in fact I'm real sure you deserved it.

Well im glad you feel that way about this with a name like nascar..
Old 10-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Board Icon

Stop the BS, I have never driven into a construction zone where the speed limit was unposted, you just weren't paying good enough attention. I have no sympathy for you because I make deliveries to construction zones all the time with equipment which means you could have hurt or killed me by blasting thru. It's dangerous enough with all the idiots on cellphones not paying attention. I have seen fellow workers get hit and have nearly been hit myself because of idiots who speed thru there because they think we are holding them up and wasting their time.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Board Regular

Dude.... I think you're screwed. Unless you can prove to the judge that the construction company or DOT didn't provide notice of a construction zone or post the speed limit sign. From my experience, that's not likely. The regulations on both the state DOT to post reduced speed limit signs and the insurance liability of the construction company on roadway projects is pretty strictly enforced and adhered too by Construction Companies.

If you were doing 55 when you were stopped and the charge is driving 20 over the posted limit.......that would mean the limit through the zone was 35. Come on man......that would be hard to miss.

I think your better off requesting a hearing date and let your lawyer plead your case.........and that you better do a lot of praying that the officer who issued the citation is tied up, sick or forgets the court date and doesn't appear for the hearing if you decide to fight it..............you might get lucky and it's dismissed, if he doesn't show up...........Here in TN they're pretty hard on the 4 wheelers who get ticketed in construction zone.........with commercial drivers, it's pretty much ZERO intolerance.

Good luck.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Board Regular

just about every construction zone ive can remember seeing has the speed limit posted on the inside and outside lanes. So, if it was posted like that and I was an officer that you told you didnt see a sign, I would check your log books to see if you were asleep. 20 miles over, you need to duck, theres a book coming your way.