View Poll Results: Should a new driver start with a tanker?
yes 18 30.00%
no 42 70.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You just don't know when to stop do ya?
Your going to get this topic locked.
Freaking kids/trolls
Old 03-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster
"How many of you had a home at 23?"

Actually when I was 23 I had already bought 2 houses and sold one. I do pull a fuel tanker for a living. Oh, please oh please stop saying BUDDY all the time. Make sure you come back on here after you get complacent and have a major spill or cross drop. Come on man 1.5 months is not nearly enough time to come here spouting off how easy it is. I am not saying that it is extremely hard, but you are very wet behind the ears.
It sure in the hell was not in the bay area BUDDY.You wish you could afford a home here.You probably bought a home in Utah or some cheap state like the rest of you.So you guys keep buying your homes for 100 k.Talk to me about buying a home when you can afford one in the bay area.At least 600 k where I'm at.Half you guys couldn't make it out here in the bay.So keep on keeping on.
That's a nice little fantasy you got there Jr, but none of us believe a word of it.
Now run along douche bag and let the grown ups talk.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
A $$600K house with a 20% down payment is $120,000 and a monthly payment of over $2000 :shock:
Yeah B/C, I'm gald that you mentioned that. This kid assumes that everyone else is as ignorant and mathematically deficient as he is. BTW, it does bear mentioning that the $2,000. monthly payment that you mentioned would be for P&I (Principal and Interest) ONLY; it leaves no room for property taxes or insurance.

$600,000. in the Bay area will buy you little more than a walk-in closet with a PortaJon in the ghetto. Anything over $600,000. would be out of his range, even if you believe the line of Bull :dung: that he's trying to feed us!!

When he started spouting off about making $24.00 per hour (+o/t), then when I calculated Fed. income tax, FICA, State Income Tax, health insurance, etc., I ran the numbers allowing for 30 hrs. of O/T at Time x 1.5/hr., and the dollars simply did not make sense. Combine with that the fact that he was living with his Mommy and Daddy, so I doubt that he was able to itemize his deductions!!

Worked for the city at the age of 17?? Unless the laws in Ca. are very different, most municipal and government entities require a person to be at least 18 in order to be employed full-time

Are there exceptions??? Yes!! Some cities are allocated funds for Summer Youth programs, lifeguards at a city swimming pool, etc. where they are alowed to hire teenagers for Summer jobs.

As for the rest of his posts??? This is just some immature kid poser who's wanting to play bad-ass internet trucker. I seriously doubt that he works as a fuel hauler in The Bay.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep
That's a nice little fantasy you got there Jr, but none of us believe a word of it.

Now run along douche bag and let the grown ups talk.
Excellent advice for this kid, Blacksheep!!

Apparently, this little poser's mathematical skills are as deficient as his linguistic skills; otherwise, he would see he how utterly foolish he is making himself look!!

He's kind of talked himself into a corner, trying to throw out numbers as far as income and home prices are concerned. Nothing of what of what he is saying adds up at all.

I'm still very hard pressed to believe (and in fact, do not believe) that any insurance comapny would allow any 22 y/o kid to drive a fuel truck in The Bay Area.

Let's get back to talking tankers!! (trolls and posers need not post!!)
Old 03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Facts
Oh and I do realize that post is from 2 years ago..Just went looking at different posts found that on page 43 or something lol. =P
Do you see what you've done here, it's all your fault you know. :lol:

Oops? Lol. :shock: (time to grab the popcorn) =).
Old 03-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey, Dizzy???

I've just been looking over your postings and your profile, and noting the times of day that you've posted....(morning, afternoon, evening, early morning hours)..... they are all over the clock.

Given that, I'm left to wonder where you find any time to go out and get rich working as a fuel hauler??
:?
Remember what I told you yesterday?? If I had to work at a J-O-B, I wouldn't be able to dink around here at all hours of the day and night; yet, you are able to drive your fuel truck, deliver the fuel, get proper sleep, AND make an ass out of yourself here, all at the same time!!
8)
One other question: :?:

Once again, by reviewing your postings as they are chronologically listed in your profile, according to your own statements, you were not even scheduled to take your DOT Physical until Mon. Jan 18, 2007.

As of Sun. Jan 28, 2007, you had not yet made up your mind as to who you were going to work for.

Now, let's assume for the sake of argument, (and, offering you the benefit of doubt!!) that through some magical epiphany, you suddenly concluded that you wanted to drive a fuel truck, and there was an oil company, or a fuel hauling company in The Bay Area that was willing to hire a 23y/o kid with Zero driving experience. (other than your time you spent driving at your local Freight Relocation University).

You'd have to set up an interview appointment, be interviewed, (in the right dress, as you put it!!) go take your DOT physical and drug test for your new employer, have your Haz-Mat background check cleared, Haz-Mat Endorsement in place, and then arrive for training. Now, Let us once again assume that all of that could be accomplished within a window of, say, two days. (BTW, I do realize that you probably had time to get the Haz-Mat taken care of.)

Now, once again, let's assume for the sake of argument (and again, offering you the benefit of doubt) that your new employer began training you on Wed. January 31, 2007. (Remember; there are only 28 days in the month of February.)

Do you see the problem here?? :shock:

As of Wed., March 7, 2007, you claimed that had a total of six weeks of experience under you belt; four weeks with a trainer, two weeks out on your own.

So, how is it that you have crammed six weeks of experience into what, at the very most, could only be a five week period??
:?
Wha'ssup with that?? :?:

Old 03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior Board Member

I can see why you call youself "Dizzy"!!
Just wonder what you've been smoking that makes you so Dizzy!! :P
Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 PM

Feb 1 was my first day pal.So im wrapping up my 5th week going in to my 6.Just accept the fact that a rookie makes more than you guys.I can post anytime i want.Ever heard of a cell phone BUDDY.You guys say companies wont even look at me.ROFLMAO.You mean they wont look at you guys.No interview skill at all i bet.And you probably dont dress right for the interview pal.Jeans and t shirt might work for otr gigs but not a real job.Again you guys have no clue about the bay area.A walk in closet is all i can get?ROFLMAO.Try 4 bedrooms 2 1/2 bath big backyard right in in the bay.One of the most expensive places to live and by a home.As i said i bet most of you guys live in cheap states.You guys could not afford to live in the bay even if you wanted too.1 bedroom apartments go for 1100.You cant even get a studio for under 800.Keep on keeping on guys.You cant even get a condo for under 300 where im at.So dont ever try to tell me you guys can live here.Because you cant.So stay in your cheap states and keep thinking your doing ok.Your not.You guys live in those cheap states for a reason.You cant afford anything else.Have fun otr guys away from the wife and family.Retired by 50 living in the bay where you guys cant afford to be at.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Just who are you talking to when you say "YOU GUYS"?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:28 PM

It would make more financial sense to anyone that if you in fact did have a house in the 'bay area' as you put it, or anywhere in California for that matter; rent that puppy out and you can live on rent alone in many parts of the country. Why you 'choose' to live in such an area where it takes 1.5-2k a month for a small apartment where you can own a house bigger than 4k -5k square feet for the same amount in a mortgage payment in the south is beyond me.