View Poll Results: Should a new driver start with a tanker?
yes 18 30.00%
no 42 70.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Should a new driver start driving tankers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbone79
Should a new driver start driving a tanker?
I started off driving tankers... For a company called: "Helena Chemicals"
Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I have a house here in the bay area where more than have of you guys couldnt afford to live.How many of you had a home at 23?Not many and if you did it sure in the hell was not in the bay area.To expensive for you guys.
I make a considerable living in real estate. Know something about tha Ca. market, have quite a few clients who have sold their homes to move down here. So, yes, I do have some idea about what homes cost out there.
So, you have a house in the bay area at 23 y/o. (Se Habla Bull :dung: !!) Now, obviously, you didn't earn enough money to buy it working as a a truck driver; not enough to even rent a home there!! You have only been doing that for six whole weeks now. (or, in your case, six HOLE WEAKs!!)

Now, I absolutely CERTAIN of the fact that you are not a bald faced liar with a trucker's story, (not!!) so how is it that you came into that kind of money; did you inherit it from Mommy and Daddy?? Were you dealing drugs??

No??? Well then, what were you before you enrolled at the Freight Relocation University??

A Hairstylist?? An Interior Decorator?? A Fashion Designer?? You DID say that you showed up for the "Interview" (wonder what all took place there!!) in "the right dress"!!

Did you win a part in the movie "BrokeBack Mountain"??? Ahhh.....(snap of the fingers!!).....I've got it!!! You are the Caveman in the Geico commercial!!! DUHHHH!!! Stupid me!! Should'a figured that one out a whole lot sooner!!

Or did you win some money in a lawsuit after your parents dropped you off for a sleepover at NeverLand Ranch??
Old 03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Let it go Useless.

I feel stupid for buying into such a silly pissing match myself.

Its a shame a good thread like this that started out very well is heading for a LOCK before sundown :?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Let it go Useless.

I feel stupid for buying into such a silly pissing match myself.

Its a shame a good thread like this that started out very well is heading for a LOCK before sundown :?
Okay, B/C!!! Your right!!!

Guess it's plain to see that this kid is just a poser...... let's get back on topic!!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I have a house here in the bay area where more than have of you guys couldnt afford to live.How many of you had a home at 23?Not many and if you did it sure in the hell was not in the bay area.To expensive for you guys.
I make a considerable living in real estate. Know something about tha Ca. market, have quite a few clients who have sold their homes to move down here. So, yes, I do have some idea about what homes cost out there.

So, you have a house in the bay area at 23 y/o. (Se Habla Bull :dung: )Now, obviously, you didn't earn enough money to buy it working as a a truck driver; not enough to even rent a home there!! You have only been doing that for six whole weeks now. (or, in your case, six HOLE WEAKs!!)

Now, I absolutely CERTAIN of the fact that you are not a bald faced liar with a trucker's story, (not!!) so how is it that you came into that kind of money; did you inherit it from Mommy and Daddy?? Were you dealing drugs??

No??? Well then, what were you before you enrolled at the Freight Relocation University?? A hairstylist?? An interior decorator??

Or did you win some money in a lawsuit after your parents dropped you off for a sleepover at NeverLand??
From the time i was 17 until 22 i worked for the city i live in.When i left i was making $24 hour with lots of ot.Lived with mom and dad the whole time.Saved alot of money.An accident (skatebording) ended up with my pinky and ring finger gone.Couldnt go back to landscaping.Ended up at truck school.Now im here telling you how i have a house in the bay area.Keep on keeping on.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Drop it Dizzy, a mod already said "Enough".
Your the one coming on here stirring :dung: that's how it got off topic.
Freaking kids.........
Old 03-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Senior Board Member

He still hasn't said what Tanker Company he drives for.
I know which ones pay the $$ in the Bay. And only a handful pay over $20 an hour. Of those, Chevron, BP, and Williams, wouldn't hire him...Him to young and in-experienced (23 qualifies as 2 years to young). Hauling gas in the Bay is a bigger challenge than in Seattle...and I did a 4 month tour there, during the "Fuel Crisis" in 2000.

Do you work for Sentinel? I doubt..seriously, that they would hire you. But..they don't pay $20 an hour either...more like $18.45.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:27 AM

"How many of you had a home at 23?"

Actually when I was 23 I had already bought 2 houses and sold one. I do pull a fuel tanker for a living. Oh, please oh please stop saying BUDDY all the time. Make sure you come back on here after you get complacent and have a major spill or cross drop. Come on man 1.5 months is not nearly enough time to come here spouting off how easy it is. I am not saying that it is extremely hard, but you are very wet behind the ears.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster
"How many of you had a home at 23?"

Actually when I was 23 I had already bought 2 houses and sold one. I do pull a fuel tanker for a living. Oh, please oh please stop saying BUDDY all the time. Make sure you come back on here after you get complacent and have a major spill or cross drop. Come on man 1.5 months is not nearly enough time to come here spouting off how easy it is. I am not saying that it is extremely hard, but you are very wet behind the ears.
It sure in the hell was not in the bay area BUDDY.You wish you could afford a home here.You probably bought a home in utah or some cheap state like the rest of you.So you guys keep buying your homes for 100 k.Talk to me about buying a home when you can afford one in the bay area.At least 600 k where im at.Half you guys couldnt make it out here in the bay.So keep on keeping on.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Board Member

A $$600K house with a 20% down payment is $120,000 and a monthly payment of over $2000 :shock: