User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think her user name says alot. Maybe a little self-centered. Maybe Maggieb has a sister. :lol:
Old 05-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I think her user name says alot. Maybe a little self-centered. Maybe Maggieb has a sister. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Rookie

Back problems are the most common between the truckers and due to them some times it is hard to drive for a long period of time.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 AM
Rookie

Hello new to the form and wanted to say a little bit. I've been on both sides of this issue. As a girlfriend and wife sitting at home and as a driver myself with my husband and by myself.

It's not an easy life for the driver out there on the road alone either. You miss so much at home. My granddaughter is 13 and I've yet to make a single birthday. She spends weeks during the summer at godparents house but not mine because of driving.

Now I'm sitting at home while the hubby is on the road alone. All he has ever known is driving so that will never change till he retires. You have to find things that keep you busy. Discuss the bills and problems with him while he is on the road. Make him a part of everyday life even if by phone. But don't make him feel guilty because he isn't home. Tell him if there is a problem with one of the kids but let him know you got it under control. Ask his advice so he doesn't worry.

I enjoy the time alone when he is gone. Don't have to cook every night. Watch what I want on TV. LOL. Sure enjoy the time when he is home though.

When we where both driving team after 5-6 weeks on the road we would grunt at each other as we passed going from sleeper to bunk when we switched drivers. Imagine being stuck in a room the size of a king size bed 24/7 with your husband. For 5-6 weeks lol. It's a way to either have a strong marriage or break one. Then when we went home we did our own thing. Miss not being in the road with him. Driving gets in your blood or the gypsy life does. No sure which.

I know this really didn't put light on anything just wanted to throw my 1/2 cent in.