User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You all need to learn how to quote properly. It is annoying.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam9315

You all need to learn how to quote properly. It is annoying.
On that last one, Adam, I really wasn't too concerned with who was quoting whom!! The argument itself is so fallacious that it should implode due to it's inadequacy!! Pointing fingers isn't going to solve anything... there is more than enough dirt on the hands of leaders from both political parties!!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Rookie

I edited my post. I had to more better clarify.

By the way...I don't like the Democrats. I don't think they would be as effecient of raising fuel prices as the Republicans have.

I don't get it. The same people who blame environmental policy for high fuel prices support the republicans. The republicans are in power and control the environmental policy that is supposable causing high fuel prices.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

KRWOOD, from what I have seen, to put government and leadership in the same sentence is a contradiction in terms. :P

We do not have an oil shortage. A couple of year ago I heard an interview with the CEO of BP (I believe) and he stated that the largest oil reserves on earth were thought to be off the Gulf of Mexico. It isn't a problem of shortage. It is a matter of governmental interference. Environmental regulations and requirements have virtually crippled a number of industries. There comes a time when the cost of doing business in the U.S. is simply not worth it. It becomes less costly and much less of a hassle to import oil than drill more wells. Of course, companies are drilling new wells as quickly as they can in parts of Oklahoma and Texas. Government just needs to get out of the way.

There has never been innovation in our government. Innovation comes from industry. Government doesn't produce anything but more regulations. One man cannot control every event that happens in the world. George Bush has done some things in which I disagree, but he is not responsible for the global rise in fuel prices. And since he is also not omnipotent, he didn't cause Katrina, either. :P You have a number of elected officials in both parties who don't want to deal with reality and put a comprehensive energy policy into effect. There is a lot of rhetoric by those in government, but I have yet to see any leadership. A leader doesn't need to take a poll to see what he should do. He already knows and leads by example. He knows what is right and follows through on what he knows he should do regardless of polls or critics. 8)

I think that there is collusion and price fixing going on. The primary reason for the existance for OPEC is to manipulate world oil prices.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
It isn't a problem of shortage. It is a matter of governmental interference. Environmental regulations and requirements have virtually crippled a number of industries. There comes a time when the cost of doing business in the U.S. is simply not worth it. It becomes less costly and much less of a hassle to import oil than drill more wells.
Environmental regulations=republicans. The republicans have majority in government.

Duh! Thats why I thanked them!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Senior Board Member

A report in the news said oil companies were asking gas stations to sell as cheap as they could to keep the volume up :!: :!: :!:
Old 04-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

We do not have an oil shortage. A couple of year ago I heard an interview with the CEO of BP (I believe) and he stated that the largest oil reserves on earth were thought to be off the Gulf of Mexico.

There really is no "Thought to be" about it!! Satellite imagery and technology indicates that It IS the largest known reserve. The problem is the depth that we will have to drill to get to it; it isn't that we lack the technology, it is a matter of economic viability due to the depth that it would have to be drilled, and our lack of refinery capacity. Crude oil supply is only half the equation, Refining it is quite another.

It isn't a problem of shortage.

I think that there is collusion and price fixing going on. The primary reason for the existence for OPEC is to manipulate world oil prices.
Agree 100% here!!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I think that there is collusion and price fixing going on. The primary reason for the existance for OPEC is to manipulate world oil prices.
100% accurate, hit it right on the nose!!!!!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Environmental regulations=republicans. The republicans have majority in government.

Name some republican besides Jeb Bush that is opposed to drilling new wells in the United States?

(Jeb Bush is opposed to drilling new well off the Flordia gulf becasue he thinks it will hurt the tourism in Flordia, has nothing to do with enviromental concerns)

Old 05-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRWOOD
Quote:
It isn't a problem of shortage. It is a matter of governmental interference. Environmental regulations and requirements have virtually crippled a number of industries. There comes a time when the cost of doing business in the U.S. is simply not worth it. It becomes less costly and much less of a hassle to import oil than drill more wells.

You seem confused, KRWOOD. Most of the environmental regulations we have in place today have been with us for decades. These started under Democratic rule with a Democratic majority. They have used environmental policy to have their way for many years. However, I will agree with you to some extent. There are some so called Republicans who are more liberal than the most liberal Democrats. The Republicans didn't put most of the environmental regulations on the books, but the fact that they have done little, if anything to ease or eliminate some of the inane regulations does make them culpable. Having a majority has done conservatives little good. To be effective, you have to use power. They haven't done a very effective job of using power since they have been in office. Of course, the Democrats only want to rant, rave and blame. They seem to be the party of nothingness. They stand for nothing while opposing everything. :shock: