User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fuel prices....thank a Republican.

I would personally like to thank all of the people who voted for George Bush. Thank you for the high gas prices! Hopefully they double again before he leaves office. When gas finally reachs $8 to $10 a gal maybe then the american public will wake up and have an intervention for our addiction to foreign oil.

Theres many reasons why the price of oil is rising. There are two ways to begin to solve the problem.

1. An Apollo type project spearheaded by government leadership. It's a funny thought with this administration but might be possible in 2008.

2. Gas prices of $10 a gal within the next two years. Public leverage on private business and political leadership will spawn investment in alternatives.

Again...thank you George Bush and your oil cabinet! Were 1/3 of way to our goal! Keep up the great work in the New American Century!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 PM

KRWood I am sorry to say you are way off track on your estimates of high fuel prices.

There are many variables that cause hi oil prices but the First and Foremost is:

Supply and Demand.

If you look at who is buying the most oil you will find China is leading the charge is buying in massive bulk. That in turn raises demands and lowers Supply. China is willing to purchase at premium price and give it to their population at lower prices.

Having personal knowledge of the oil that is in the US we could pull enough oil out of the Williston Basin in North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana to keep us oil dependent for over 100 years. But with enviormental blockades put on by our own government and the taxes that are levyed it is no longer cost efficient.

We have enough oil and knowledge to keep prices low, but ask the Government to suspend all the silly EPA rules and give tax breaks for alternative fuels and our problem would be solved.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Fact is, fuel was higher during the Carter years; 4.50/gal in 2006 dollars.

Your job - thank a Republican.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

why start another thread on Fuel when we already have one going?
You're dilusional
and has been stated China has gone from a Farming economy to an Industrialized Economy which has put a huge drain on Oil.
You list 2 ways to change things but I didn't see any ideas.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Fuel prices....thank a Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRWOOD
I would personally like to thank all of the people who voted for George Bush.
Your welcome...........I would have voted for Johnny "Four Months" Kerry (did you know, he served in Vietnam?).........but, I think more of my country and I am certainly NOT that stupid.

Quote:
Hopefully they double again before he leaves office.
I hope so to............then we can have a Congressional Investigation on these so-called "Enviormentalist Groups" who have kept us from drilling and exploration here at home.

Quote:
When gas finally reachs $8 to $10 a gal maybe then the american public will wake up and have an intervention for our addiction to foreign oil.
See above

Quote:
Theres many reasons why the price of oil is rising.
Since you have all the answers, how about giving us a brief explanation on WHY "Oil" prices have risen so drastically in the past few years.

Quote:
There are two ways to begin to solve the problem. Either on works.

1. An Apollo type project spearheaded by government leadership.
That in itself is a joke..........GOVERNMENT leadership.............what planet are you living on?

Quote:
Gas prices of $10 a gal within the next two years. Public leverage on private business and political leadership will spawn investment in alternatives.
I will agree 100% with the private sector solving the problem...........with the government on the side-lines.

So, I can assume, you DIDN'T vote or campaign for George W. Bush?:lol: :lol: :lol:

KRWOOD...............just to show you I'm an "Equal Opportunity" offender............I'm a LIFE-LONG Democrat.

Not bad, coming from a guy who is promoting a "get rich quick" business opportunity on his signature line. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THIS "NO" QUOTE FEATURE........IS STARTING TO GET ON MY NERVES........... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Old 04-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Board Regular

Gah...I don't think it is Bush's fault for high gas prices, as I don't think he was at fault durring the hurricanes. I am sure there is SOMETHING that he could do...but if it could only lower gas prices by a few cents per gallon it may not be worth it. We need to stop relying on fossil fuel...that is the only solution.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirednavysnipe
KRWood I am sorry to say you are way off track on your estimates of high fuel prices.

There are many variables that cause hi oil prices but the First and Foremost is:

Supply and Demand.

If you look at who is buying the most oil you will find China is leading the charge is buying in massive bulk. That in turn raises demands and lowers Supply. China is willing to purchase at premium price and give it to their population at lower prices.

Having personal knowledge of the oil that is in the US we could pull enough oil out of the Williston Basin in North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana to keep us oil dependent for over 100 years. But with enviormental blockades put on by our own government and the taxes that are levyed it is no longer cost efficient.

We have enough oil and knowledge to keep prices low, but ask the Government to suspend all the silly EPA rules and give tax breaks for alternative fuels and our problem would be solved.
I never stated what I think causes high gas prices! "Theres many reasons why the price of oil is rising."

If your right and there is enough oil in the US to supply 100 years. What would be the price of this oil? Market price? Where is the savings?

If the government suspended all regulations....why would oil companys floud the market with all of this oil only to lower the price? Sounds like bad business if I was a stock holder.

We are addicted to oil! The oil companys are the pusher and the government is a cop taking a skim for looking the other way.

The road to change is admiting we have a problem or an external event to force us to change. So I applaud the Republicans that run our government for creating an enironment for $4 gal gas. You know the Republicans that pass and keep all of these environmental laws on the books.

By the way I did not vote for these God Dam....tree hugging, earth loving hippie, Republicans! But I will next time! Hecka of a job boys!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
By the way I did not vote for these God Dam....tree hugging, earth loving hippie, Republicans! But I will next time! Hecka of a job boys!
KRWOOD...........I have too admit......you have a way with words. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Instead of driving those EVIL "Fossil Fuel" tractor-trailers.......maybe we can all become "Rickshaw Coolies"and FINALLY get off the dependence on "Big Bad Oil".
Nevermind.......I think the "Republicans" are involved in the "Rickshaw Coolie" industry........and just waiting to exploit the "WORKING MAN" (Union word, they love using that word)...........and George W. Bush and family are in charge of the "Big Rickshaw Coolie" industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
First, we could begin with hemp ........there are plenty of places to grow it,
Yea..........I use to grow it years ago...........those "Hippies" still talk about how good it was..........sold it for over $100.00 per oz or as we called it, a "LID"............but, never made any "Oil" out of it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Hempoline??

The answers are not nearly as dificult as people make them out to be.

First, we could begin with hemp oil, which was used before. It's clean, it's replenishable, there are plenty of places to grow it, there are no environmental consequences to developing it, and no, you won't get high off of the fumes!! 8)

Of course, there would be no cartel to control it, and Bush's Buddies wouldn't get rich, so thee is probebly no chance in hell of it happening!! BTW, if you think the Democrats are any more trustworthy when it comes to energy policy, (as if we even HAVE an energy policy!!), then you have probably been breathing too many diesel fumes!!

Useless
Old 04-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Rookie