User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
So Robert what you are saying is that Obama is the only president who has lied?? He is the only president who is unable to deliver on his promises?? He is the only president who has not been able to turn around our country in two years???
Come on man wake up.. It is a thank less job and quite frankly an impossible job, There is not a soul on this planet who could do this job perfectly, NOT ONE!! that is a fact pure and simple.. Praise whomever you like and call out whomever you hate it will not change the fact that our country is lost in a narsisitic lifestyle brought out by greed and hate.. Until we learn to work together this is the life we will live... ALL OF US..... And that my friend is the ugly truth if you open up your eyes you may begin to realize there is no end in sight....

This is with all due respect to everyone on this board, the Bull**** bickering has to stop at some point, nothing will get solved or corrected until so..

It IS What It Is..

Timberwolf
OHHHHH.....I'm awake. And I am not naive enough to think that somebody else would be "perfect". It's not necessarily "the job" he's doing, it's "what" he's doing. He's not trying to turn our country around, he's driving it into the ground! I know it's a thankless job, I know you aren't going to please everybody. Have you EVER seen this country so divided? Have you EVER heard people talk about a president the way they do this one (including Carter)? Have you EVER seen the media act the way they are acting? There is a problem in this country and as they say, it starts at the top (HMFIC)!!! If you want to talk narcissistic, you better start with the head narcissist himself, obama!

The greed is among all of us, Repub's and Dem's. The hate is coming from the Dem's and Progressives. Did you see what happend to Juan Williams? Have you heard what he has to say about the people he worked for? What he has to say about the "left". What he has come to realize since he got fired and how now, he know's what the "right" media folks have been trying to tell him about how the liberal media treats people?

Am I "naive" enough to think that their isn't any hate coming from folks on the right? NO. However, the way I see it, the right is just trying to defend our country and way of life because wether you like it or not, or believe it or not, it's slowly being taken away. As far as I'm concerned, WE were getting along before a couple of years ago. Sure we have/had our differences but my goodness, WE are soooo divided now, BECAUSE OF ONE MAN!!! Look at his policies, what he has done and is doing, what he say's, what he believes in, who he surrounds himself with, what THEY believe in!

I wish, as you do, that we would ALL get along, but it ain't gonna happen as long as there are people who would want to take OUR country away from what it was meant to be.

"Cmon man, wake up" Did you think 2yrs ago we would be anywhere close to where WE are now? LOOK at what has happened since richard cranium has been elected.

Yes sir, I AM VERY AWAKE!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Board Regular

"We were getting along fairly well before a couple years ago"? Oh yea that really showed when Bush's people called out McCain and his years of service to our country during their polictical fight and they are on the same side.. Conseratives want to save our country and our rights yet did'nt Bush create certain laws that took away some of our basic rights? As we progress into the future we are going to lose rights that is plain and simple Change is coming our way regardless of what we feel or how we like it. that is a fact of humanity you are powerless to stop it
People called Bush an idiot just like they do Obama, clinton, Bush Senior, Ford, Carter, and Johnson, and all of those to come in the future. I think you could even have an arguement that some did not like reagan too. As I am typing this one of my old co workers just sent me a text about an Obama Xmas ornament referenceing how now all of a sudden it is ok to have a "N Word" hanging from a tree, That kind of crap just tells me how stupid people are. Robertt good luck with your fight I wish you the best however you and all the others who get so into this are wasting good energy that could be spent in the bedroom with your spouse, which is were I am off to as they kids just left for hollween horror nights.
Enjoy your weekend..

Timberwolf
Old 10-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
Robertt good luck with your fight I wish you the best however you and all the others who get so into this are wasting good energy that could be spent in the bedroom with your spouse, which is were I am off to as they kids just left for hollween horror nights.
Enjoy your weekend..

Timberwolf
Well........I don't feel like I'm "fighting", arguing....maybe, but I feel I'm just being informative, whether people think it's the right info or not. And as I said, I know it wasn't perfect before a couple of years ago, but it was NOTHING like it is now.

I'll take a pass on the energy/spouse/bedroom, info/comment.

Good weekend to you also.:thumbsup:

Last edited by robertt; 10-23-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Kentla93 said:

Quote:
This is with all due respect to everyone on this board, the Bull**** bickering has to stop at some point, nothing will get solved or corrected until so..
So then quit posting in threads you don't agree with.......problem solved.

BTW: I don't see where you are in ANY position to tell ANYONE, ANYTHING about this board and how it operates.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
Kentla93 said:

So then quit posting in threads you don't agree with.......problem solved.

BTW: I don't see where you are in ANY position to tell ANYONE, ANYTHING about this board and how it operates.
Well Ridge, as long as I am not banned I will post where I like, that is the purpose of your board is it not?
My wording of all due respect to the board members was directed at the situation as a whole not just the board as the board is much like our government it to will never change when talking politics or religion. I was attempting to show a more respectful side of who I am trying to be. I realize my ultra liberal (wait I am not Liberal ) I just don't give a damn any more when it comes to our dysfunctional government, and since I get out there and vote I hold the American right to bitch as much as I like. What better place then your holy conservative american truckers board..
The old me would have said some sort of disrespectful remark and invited you to ban me if you did not like it, however I just finished exerting all my stress in other venues and I feel great it's amazing how life turns around when you find other avenues to release the tension.

"With All Due Respect"

Timberwolf
Old 10-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Board Icon

robertt said:

Quote:
DOES THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Actually.... no. But, it DID give me much more info/intel on the situation so I can speak with more assurance. Sorry, but it's been a tough week. Spent the last few HOURS googling and reading.... while watching Game 6 of the Pennant race that the Phillies just BLEW! :hellno:

It seems that OneAmerica is a 501(c)(3) and is prohibited from "campaigning" for a specific candidate or party. BUT... they can legally accept tax free donations from Soros and others.

OneAmerica VOTES.... however, seems to be registered as a 501(c)(4) organization which has the right to spend whatever they want on campaigning and advertising and supporting specific candidate(s) THANKS to the (conservative) Supreme Court's "legislating from the bench" or (what's the word?) where they REVERSED 100 years of "settled law" and allowed corporations to spend unlimited amounts of money and call it "one man's freedom of speech."

[ACTIVIST Judges! ..... THAT was the word.]

From WIKIPEDIA:

501(c)(4)
see also:Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission

501(c)(4) organizations are generally civic leagues and other corporations operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare, or local associations of employees with membership limited to a designated company or people in a particular municipality or neighborhood, and with net earnings devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.[19]

Unlike 501(c)(3) organizations, 501(c)(4) organizations may lobby for legislation; they may also participate in political campaigns and elections, as long as campaigning is not the organization's primary purpose.[20]

Contributions to 501(c)(4) organizations are not deductible as charitable contributions. 501(c)(4) organizations are not required to disclose their donors publicly.[21]

This aspect of the law has led to extensive use of the 501(c)(4) provisions for organizations that are actively involved in lobbying, and has become controversial.[22]

The tax exemption for 501(c)(4) organizations applies to most of their operations, but contributions may be subject to gift tax, and income spent on political activities - generally the advocacy of a particular candidate in an election - is taxable.

---------------

So.... like it or not, the Dems are playing the same game as the GOP, but on a more "local" level. The Chamber of Commerce is actually a 501 c 6 organization, which DEFINES them as a "lobbying group." :hellno:

Do you think a group like OneAmerica or their "Votes" subsidiary would be STUPID enough to make such a mistake on their tax exempt status? The website for the VOTES subsidiary openly STATES their intention to support certain candidates that support their position.... which a C-4 group can legally DO!

I stand by EVERYTHING I have said so far. NO LAWS were broken (that I know of) except the immigration law! The organization CAN legally advocate for a specific candidate. Soros CAN donate the money. Volunteers do NOT have to be citizens.

I'll admit, I was concerned for a bit. Even thought they had broken the law! But, IF.... as I have read.... the VOTES division is a c-4 tax status organization, they have the RIGHT... and are specifically formed for the purpose of.... lobbying and campaigning.

Thank your (conservative) Supreme Court for that!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Senior Board Member

This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows.
To view this item online, visit Obama helped fund 'Alinsky Academy'

Monday, October 18, 2010
WorldNetDaily Exclusive
Obama helped fund 'Alinsky Academy'
Teaches tactics of direct action, confrontation and intimidation
Posted: March 18, 2010
11:45 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
WorldNetDaily
Saul Alinsky
A Chicago nonprofit on which President Obama served as paid director provided startup capital and later funding to Midwest Academy, an activist organization described as teaching tactics of direct action, confrontation and intimidation, WND has learned.
Also, in 1998, Obama participated on a panel discussion alongside Midwest Academy founder Heather Booth, an extremist organizer and dedicated disciple of radical community organizer Saul Alinsky.
The Woods Fund, a nonprofit on which Obama served as paid director from 1999 to December 2002, provided startup funding and later capital to the Midwest Academy. WND first reported Obama sat on the Woods Fund board alongside William Ayers, founder of the Weather Underground domestic terrorist organization.
Midwest was co-founded by Booth's husband, Paul Booth, a founder and the former national secretary of Students for a Democratic Society, the radical 1960s anti-war movement from which Ayers' Weathermen splintered.
In 1999, Booth's Midwest Academy received $75,000 from the Woods Fund. In 2002, with Obama still serving on the Woods Fund, Midwest received another $23,500 for its Young Organizers Development Program.
Midwest describes itself as "one of the nation's oldest and best-known schools for community organizations, citizen organizations and individuals committed to progressive social change."
Read the book that the author dedicated to Lucifer! Get Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals."
It later morphed into a national organizing institute for an emerging network of organizations known as Citizen Action. Midwest teaches Alinsky tactics of community organizing.
Discover the Networks describes Midwest as "teach[ing] tactics of direct action, confrontation, and intimidation."
(Story continues below)

In August 1998, Obama participated in a panel discussion following the opening performance in Chicago of the play "The Love Song of Saul Alinsky," a work described by the Chicago Sun-Times as "bringing to life one of America's greatest community organizers."
Obama participated in the discussion alongside other Alinskyites, including Booth, political analyst Aaron Freeman, Don Turner of the Chicago Federation of Labor and Northwestern University history professor Charles Paine.
"Alinsky had so much fire burning within," stated local actor Gary Houston, who portrayed Alinsky in the play. "There was a lot of complexity to him. Yet he was a really cool character."
Booth herself is a notorious radical community activist and self-described dedicated disciple of Alinsky, of whom she says: "Alinsky is to community-organizing as Freud is to psychoanalysis."
Booth's vision of uniting various left-leaning organizations and factions has also been the subject of her two books: "Toward a Radical Movement and Citizen Action" and "The New American Populism."
Former 1960s radical and FrontPageMagazine Editor David Horowitz describes Alinsky as the "communist/Marxist fellow-traveler who helped establish the dual political tactics of confrontation and infiltration that characterized the 1960s and have remained central to all subsequent revolutionary movements in the United States."
Horowitz writes in his 2009 pamphlet "Barack Obama's Rules for Revolution. The Alinsky Model":
"The strategy of working within the system until you can accumulate enough power to destroy it was what sixties radicals called 'boring from within.' .... Like termites, they set about to eat away at the foundations of the building in expectation that one day they could cause it to collapse."
As WND reported, Obama approached Northwestern University professor John L. McKnight – a loyal student of Alinsky's radical tactics – to pen a letter of recommendation for him when he applied to Harvard Law School. Under the tutelage of McKnight and other hardcore students of Alinsky, Obama said he got the "best education I ever had, better than anything I got at Harvard Law School."
In a letter to the editor of the Boston Globe, Alinsky's son praised Obama for stirring up the masses at the 2008 Democratic National Convention "Saul Alinsky style," saying, "Obama learned his lesson well."
The letter, signed L. David Alinsky, closed with, "I am proud to see that my father's model for organizing is being applied successfully."
With research by Brenda J. Elliott