LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The community organizer!

Obama urges blacks to vote and "guard the change

By Alister Bull Alister Bull – Sun Sep 19, 7:15 am ET
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama, seeking to fire up an important part of his support base ahead of November's elections, told black leaders on Saturday he wanted their support to "guard the change" he was delivering.
"I need everybody here to go back to your neighborhoods, and your workplaces, to your churches, and barbershops, and beauty shops. Tell them we have more work to do. Tell them we can't wait to organize. Tell them that the time for action is now," he told the Congressional Black Caucus.

The words of America's first black president showed a deliberate effort to recapture the enthusiasm that had helped him win the White House in 2008, after polls showed African- Americans much less likely to vote than whites this year.
"It's not surprising that a lot of people may not be feeling that energized or that engaged right now," he told an annual awards ceremony hosted by the organization representing black members of the U.S. Congress.

"A lot of folks may be feeling like politics is something they get involved in every four years when there's a presidential election, but they don't see why they should bother the rest of the time," he said.
Republicans could make big gains in November as high unemployment and slowing growth turns voters away from Obama's Democrats, potentially costing them control of Congress.
A Gallup survey in early September found only 25 percent of blacks had given 'quite a lot' or 'some' thought to the November 2 congressional ballot, compared to 42 percent of whites.
This represents a much larger gap than during the presidential election in 2008, when the two groups were about equal in their intention to cast a ballot.
High turnout in the African-American community, together with the enthusiastic support of young voters, was a striking feature of the 2008 election and an important part of Obama's strategy in securing the White House.
Success in repeating at least part of that performance in the upcoming midterm poll, when voter turnout is traditionally low, could make a big difference to congressional Democrats running in close races. All 435 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives and 37 of 100 Senate seats are up for grabs.
"The last election was a changing of the guard -- now we need to guard the change," Obama said.
(Editing by Eric Walsh)

Last edited by robertt; 09-19-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Board Icon

Is there some purpose for this thread other than to show your blatant racist views against the Black community and president Obama? Should we be SURPRISED that Obama is trying to "get out" the black vote that had a minor part in electing him? Or that they should be "guarded" against losing what LITTLE they have won by having a HALF Black man in the White House? Are you saying that, even tho the MAJORITY swing vote for him in 2008 came from WHITE "independents," that his presidency is somehow ONLY "legitimized" by the fact that blacks (13% of the population... not ALL voting) voted for him to a large (but not exclusive) degree? That, if it weren't for that historically high turnout of those PESKY 13% of Americans who are black, we'd have a WHITE man in the oval office? Do you even know what a "community organizer" really is?

Say you're a WHITE property owner on the outskirts of town. The local/state gov't decides to build a PRISON in your back yard, so to speak. You're concerned about your SAFETY... AND the value of your property. Someone knocks on your door and invites you to sign a petition and/or show up at a "town hall" meeting or a protest against the prison. Is he a BAD guy for helping you make your voice HEARD??

MY answer to all of these questions would be NO. [except for the one about legitimization]

I'm pretty sure that YOUR answer will depend on whatever Glenn Beck TELLS you to believe this week.

I predict that this thread will be quickly LOCKED. Give me ONE reason why it shouldn't be.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Is there some purpose for this thread other than to show your blatant racist views against the Black community and president Obama? Should we be SURPRISED that Obama is trying to "get out" the black vote that had a minor part in electing him? Or that they should be "guarded" against losing what LITTLE they have won by having a HALF Black man in the White House? Are you saying that, even tho the MAJORITY swing vote for him in 2008 came from WHITE "independents," that his presidency is somehow ONLY "legitimized" by the fact that blacks (13% of the population... not ALL voting) voted for him to a large (but not exclusive) degree? That, if it weren't for that historically high turnout of those PESKY 13% of Americans who are black, we'd have a WHITE man in the oval office? Do you even know what a "community organizer" really is?

Say you're a WHITE property owner on the outskirts of town. The local/state gov't decides to build a PRISON in your back yard, so to speak. You're concerned about your SAFETY... AND the value of your property. Someone knocks on your door and invites you to sign a petition and/or show up at a "town hall" meeting or a protest against the prison. Is he a BAD guy for helping you make your voice HEARD??

MY answer to all of these questions would be NO. [except for the one about legitimization]

I'm pretty sure that YOUR answer will depend on whatever Glenn Beck TELLS you to believe this week.

I predict that this thread will be quickly LOCKED. Give me ONE reason why it shouldn't be.
Did I say ANYTHING about him being black, or half black? Nooooo......as a matter of fact I didn't say anything. I just posted HIS words, not 1 from me. I simply posted an article showing how desperate this Horses A** is and I'm going to keep posting articles when he opens his mouth and say's something stupid or something against the people of ALL races and colors. He was a community organizer before he got to where he is, and he will always be a community organizer because that is ALL he knows. Agitate the opposition. He is an embarrasment to this GREAT COUNTRY! Which it is despite him.

Again, a lefty liberal bringing up race, (you). I'm just doing my teenie weenie itsy bitsy part in getting this joke of a president thrown out of office.

As for me being racist. I've told you before, not that I can do anything about it, but, LAY OFF!!! You have absolutley NO clue about me or my family regarding race or who my family AND friends consist of. I don't have to prove or explain anything to you or anybody else. I'm the farthest thing from a racist. It just so happens this TWIT is half black AND half white, that's not my fault. If it will make you happy I'll just address the white side of him. It just so happens I think the same about Nancy Pelosi, Harry Ried, Lindsey Graham, Joe Leiberman, etc, etc, etc......Last I checked they are white, so take your ASSumptions and go try to tag somebody else, like maybe all of those racist blacks that are against your failure of a president.

Lock this thread down because you think it should be locked down? No arrogance there.

Last edited by robertt; 09-19-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Board Icon

robertt said:

Quote:
Did I say ANYTHING about him being black, or half black? Nooooo......as a matter of fact I didn't say anything. I just posted HIS words, not 1 from me.
By "HIS" you mean the author of the article, right? This guy named BULL? (how appropriate.) Or do you THINK you posted Obama's words? There is a difference. This article was, IMHO, racist. I didn't SAY they were YOUR words. I said that you must have agreed with the author or you wouldn't find it necessary to cut and paste the article with NO COMMENTS of your own. [as a thread starter, no less!]

Quote:
I simply posted an article showing how desperate this Horses A** is and I'm going to keep posting articles when he opens his mouth and say's something stupid or something against the people of ALL races and colors.
I think ALL politicians are at times desperate. I just don't find it extraordinary that he would try to "get out" the black vote that COULD help him (or the DEM congress) stay in power in order to have TIME to enact their goals. It would be a "non issue" except for the fact that YOU posted it here.

Quote:
He was a community organizer before he got to where he is, and he will always be a community organizer because that is ALL he knows. Agitate the opposition. He is an embarrasment to this GREAT COUNTRY! Which it is despite him.
Um... he was ALSO the editor of the Harvard LAW REVIEW. Not MANY in our government can make that claim! Dubya was an owner of a MLB team! So? How does THAT make him presidential material?

An "agitator of the opposition?" Really? What do you think Sarah Palin is? What IS the Tea Party if not the "opposition?" Where is your ANGER at those who "organize" these tea party demonstrations? Oh yeah... I forgot... they aren't BLACK PEOPLE! :hellno:

Quote:
Again, a lefty liberal bringing up race, (you). I'm just doing my teenie weenie itsy bitsy part in getting this joke of a president thrown out of office.
I'm NOT what you say I am. I'm a Centrist. I would LOVE to see some Bipartisan governance of this country. I brought up the RACIST tenor of this article because it is OBVIOUS to anyone with half a brain! IF President Obama is voted out in 2012, it won't be because of YOUR "itsy bitsy" efforts. So take another "break."

Quote:
As for me being racist. I've told you before, not that I can do anything about it, but, LAY OFF!!! You have absolutely NO clue about me or my family regarding race or who my family AND friends consist of. I don't have to prove or explain anything to you or anybody else. I'm the farthest thing from a racist.
Ahh... but you DID do something about it. I HAVE "laid off" of you for quite some time now....even before you "bugged out." Hell, I even lost sleep over the fact that I might have "run you off!" :lol:

But, if you're going to "return" by starting threads that are just cut and paste attacks on Obama, then pretend it wasn't YOUR idea, and expect ME to "lay off" of that? .... you don't understand the rules of this game! :deal:

Quote:
It just so happens this TWIT is half black AND half white, that's not my fault. If it will make you happy I'll just address the white side of him. It just so happens I think the same about Nancy Pelosi, Harry Ried, Lindsey Graham, Joe Leiberman, etc, etc, etc......Last I checked they are white,
And last "I" checked... you have ONLY concentrated on Obama. But, I SEE your point, and give you credit for being "anti-Progressive" to boot! I have no desire to paint you as a racist without reason. Just quit giving me a reason!

Quote:
so take your ASSumptions and go try to tag somebody else, like maybe all of those racist blacks that are against your failure of a president.
What? All THREE of them? :lol2:

Quote:
Lock this thread down because you think it should be locked down? No arrogance there.
No. None. I didn't say it SHOULD be locked down, or that it should be locked down because "I" said so! I PERCEIVED your original post to be racist in nature (though not of YOUR speaking.) MY response elevated the volatility! So.... based on previous examples.... I expected the mods to shut it down before it got out of hand.

What IS it about you "conspiracists?" Can you not see the LOGICAL and common sense viewpoint on ANYTHING??? :eek2::hellno:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member

You know hobo. Say what you will about me or anybody else. Discredit our/my articles/quotes/arguments, whatever. It will NEVER change the fact obama is a L-O-S-E-R. That is a shame. He is OUR POTUS. He LIED to get to where he is now and he will always be a liar. He can't deliver on ALL of his promises and is even going further left than most imagined. And yes I know, they all lie. I guess I am so against him because I was once FOR him. His Black and White side. He's a fraud. Not just to me but to SEVERAL people I know and MANY more I don't "personally" know.

It's like putting chrome on a Mack, (sorry mackman), or makeup on a pig. You can do what you want to hide it but it is what it is.

I'm not against Tea parties because they are fighting for what I also am fighting for. The last I checked, there are black folks who go to the Tea parties. Guess you didn't see the pic's from Beck's 8/28 gathering. Plenty of black people. Guess you didn't see MLK's niece speak. Is she a racist?

I am anti-progressive. I'm anti ANYBODY who wants to change this country from what it is. Yes we have some bad history, but that's why it's called history. I think I've made my feelings about obama pretty clear. I can reiterate them if you would like. I also have the same feelings for lots more politicans, black and white. The obamanator just happens to be the biggest loser out front, so that's why I concentrate on him. Would you like my opinion on somebody else? It's an open forum and I'm feeling generous. Just let me know. I promise I won't hold back.

Last edited by robertt; 09-19-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

You know what hobo? I'd like to meet you sometime. Do your travels ever get you thru OKC? If they do let me know and I'll PM you my # and I'll have you over for a meal. Any time of day, it doesn't matter, we will sit down and have a chat. It doesn't even have to be about politics. I'll take you out to the base and show you what I do. You can spend the night if you like and I'll take a day off if needed. I thought I saw once where you team, your partner is welcome also. An open invitation, it's up to you, just let me know. I'm sure you could amaze my 5yr old son with all kinds of stories. If you don't want to park at a truck stop there is a Wal-mart, a patroled one, about a mile from my house.

Anytime!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Board Icon

I'll get to the REST of that "moderate" rant later, but....

Christine O'Donnell. Let's start there.

Or, if you prefer.... Sharon Angle?

Wait... wait... I REALLY want to hear your defense of Rand Paul!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I'll get to the REST of that "moderate" rant later, but....

Christine O'Donnell. Let's start there.

Or, if you prefer.... Sharon Angle?

Wait... wait... I REALLY want to hear your defense of Rand Paul!
Lets see. Christine O'Donnell. I'm not real crazy about the witchcraft thing, but obama believes in Collective Salvation so I'll stick with the "dabbling" in witchcraft thingy, it sounds like she was over it a long time ago, obama is still talking about his. O'Donnell for 10 Alex. She wants to get rid of the "establishment". I'm for that if they are not TRUE conservatives. There is no such thing, in my book, as a moderate republican or a blue dog democrat. If they were truly that way then they would be conservative, No? Obama wants his cronies, so again, I'll stick with O'Donnell.

She's got an opinion on sex stuff, so what, don't we all? Most of it bad. You ought to hear what the guy's at work talk about. There are some sick puppies out there. She talks about abstinance. That's bad? She's got an opinion on masturbation. It's weird but I'm not going to judge her off of that. She's had money problems, so what, don't we all. Wasn't there something about our treasury secretary Geitner and a senator, I think his name is Charlie Wrangel and he's in charge of the "Committee on Way's and Mean's"? The one that writes the tax code legislation, didn't they have some small tax problems? Just taking a stab in the dark here. Again, O'Donnell.

Sharon Angle, don't know enough about her to have an opinion.....yet.

Rand Paul, don't know anything about him. Heard some stuff about him but I'll have to get back to you on that one.

There you go. Next?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Question: "What is collective salvation?"

Answer:
Basically, “collective salvation” means “unless we are all saved, none of us will be saved” or “we as individuals must cooperate and sacrifice for the good of the whole.” Another way to state what collective salvation means is: “I can't be saved on my own. I have to do my part by cooperating with the group, even sacrificing, to ensure everyone else’s salvation. It is then that we’re all saved together.” Scripture, however, is clear that salvation is a process by which God saves individuals through the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. Each person must come to Christ individually, not collectively.

Collective salvation is also analogous to the ecumenical movement in that many mainline Protestant churches are willing to embrace Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism, Eastern mysticism religions, and the cults in order to achieve social and moral goals. Their thinking is that if enough godly people band together, they can win the war against godless paganism and evil in societies that have abandoned all sense of morality. The belief is that with all individuals cooperating and sacrificing for the common good, all societal ills will be eradicated. Adherents of ecumenism claim that the church is in a holy war to preserve Christian values that are intimately woven into the fabric of biblical teaching, and that we must desist in our disagreements over doctrine and join together to wage this war against a decaying world.

Advocates for ecumenism or collective salvation often use John 17 as their proof text. Their contention is that Jesus was praying for everyone to get along, not to fight amongst ourselves. But actually His prayer was for His disciples only—all those who would ever follow Him, to the exclusion of all others—that they would have a common bond, a oneness in God’s Spirit which was ultimately realized on the day of Pentecost (see Acts chapter 2). God produced this common bond among Christians when His Spirit came upon them and they were baptized with the Spirit into Christ’s body. Paul summed this up this way in 1 Corinthians 6:17 when he said: “He who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in the Spirit.”

The problem with the concept of collective salvation is that it is nowhere found in Scripture. One of the key components of collective salvation has to do with the deceptive thinking that the church must band together in a concerted effort to rid the world of all the immorality that permeates our society today. However, there is no instance in the New Testament of either Jesus or any of the apostles ever attempting to fix the problems of their society, including governments. What they did teach is that one’s salvation is through the gospel of Christ on an individual level, not collectively. Christ comes to the heart of the individual, knocking to gain entrance, and by the power and the moving of the Holy Spirit, we open the door of our hearts to Him (1 Corinthians 2:12-16; Revelation 3:20).

One of the most troubling aspects of the concept of collective salvation or ecumenism is its claim that our purpose is to fight a cultural war, that we’re some kind of human power base that can influence governments by voting in large blocs, or by lobbying, or creating institutions that can defend and endorse morality in our society. But Paul makes it clear that this is not the Christian’s role: “In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived” (2 Timothy 3:12-13). Our Christian biblical mandate has nothing to do with any collective morality politically, organizationally, or religiously. Our mandate has everything to do with the Great Commission—calling others to individual salvation through Christ.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member

This thread points about Obama's racist attitude against whites.