User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Wretched sinnerunits!
Yea breathren it's true, this so called christian religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed to take away the money of fools,
and once again tithing is 10% off the top. That's gross income, not net. Please sinners, don't force us to audit. I'm going to pass this collection plate around a second time. You there brother...step lively... you'll do the honors.
As we pass the collection plate, please give as if the person next to you was watching.

Todays sermon is about sin...oh just about everything is a sin, have you ever sat down and read this thing? Technically we're not allowed to go to the bathroom.

(1/2 hour later)

...and so when Eliphaz came down from Mount Hebron bearing figs, he offered them to Mohem, who you will remember is the father of Sheckhom. And to Hazar on the occasion of their matrimony, much in the same....

(1/2 hour later)

...and with flaming swords the Aramites did pierce the eyes of their fellow men, and did feast on what flowed forth....

(1/2 hour later)

In his letter to the Corinthians, Paul instructed them to send ten copies to the Thessalonians and the Ephesians. But the Ephesians broke the chain, and were punished by the ...

(Breaking News! This just in!)

Touchdown Heysoose was spotted risen again, in SanFrancisco Airport passing out inscense, and swatting Jets like flies, to lower carbon footprints in the sky.
When interviewed by MediaMatters, he claims he has shed his old conservative values, and now is embracing a new enlightenment as a centrist far left liberal loon, who will share an occasional conservative value when convienent because that is how focked in the head all liberals are. When asked if he's merely lying to himself, he says, no, um I mean I don't know, um maybe, but everyone lies....right?

(and the natives rejoice)

Old 06-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Well, actually.... according to the Bible, it really IS. Jesus died for my sins as well as others. Not sure what YOU were taught, but I was taught that God wants a personal relationship with me.
I know you aren't as ignorant as you make yourself sound sometimes and you are far to old to behave like a child.. Yes it is a personal relationship, but you don't get to set the terms. You sit there and demand that HE prove Himself to you. How's that working out for you?

You're so big on doing research, tell me how many times Jesus said "Follow me". then let me know how many time He said, "Never mind, I'll do it your way."

Better yet, you do it your way and I'll do it mine.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by RebelDarlin; 06-22-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Board Icon

Roadhog said:

Quote:
If you think about this for a minute...this is really disrespectful and condescending.
Well, I certainly didn't MEAN for it to be. I don't quite see how "questioning" God is disprespectful. Didn't JESUS cry out... "My God, My God.... WHY hast thou forsaken me?"

Quote:
Both in comparing God to a filthy liar,
I didn't do that. YOU did. Since I don't believe Obama is a filthy liar, then I could have made NO SUCH comparison. I certainly didn't say that GOD was a liar. IMHO, YOU are the one being disrespectful and condescending about the duly elected President of our great country. The difference is... I don't chastise you for it every chance I get.

Quote:
... and feeling a mortal such as ourselves can expect anything of God.
I understand your viewpoint here, but I don't agree with it. Mankind throughout history (with MANY references in the Bible) has expected things of God. Every time a General goes into battle and asks for God's might and assistance on HIS side, he is "expecting" something of God. Everytime you say grace over a meal, you are asking and expecting that God will make that food contribute to your good health. And HOW many times has a loved one sat beside a hospital bed and "pleaded" with God to intercede with a miraculous recovery??

I could go on with inumerable examples of how "believers" expect or hope for a SIGN or an intecession from God. And the Bible is FULL of such examples as well.

So, NO.... Hoggie.... I don't believe I am being disprespectful or unreasonable to ask for some kind of sign from God that he is listening or caring for me. Is there some reason you believe that I am less worthy?

Quote:
As RebelDarlin mused, you must believe the Universe revolves around you.
Well that makes TWO of you who are mistaken. [And BOTH of you are invited to consider the following as being directed at each of you]

But, just to continue my "light hearted" response that perhaps it does.... I won't bother looking up the scripture 'cuz I'm pretty sure we ALL are familiar with it, but...

What about the "parable" of the lost sheep? You know... where the shepherd (God) leaves the 99 safely in the flock and goes out in search of that ONE lost lamb? Did I MISS something in 50+ years of being a Preacher's son.... or is this not MEANT to impress each and every ONE of us with the belief that WE are so important to God that he would leave his "faithful" to come looking to save US.... PERSONALLY???

I don't have TIME tonight to research, remember, or recount ALL the similar parables or good tidings throughout the Bible to support my "claim," but.... I'll leave you with just one more:

I don't remember the exact words... but it is the basis of the song, "His eye is on the Sparrow." IF God knows the number of and cares for the little sparrow of the field.... every ONE of them.... how is it that he would NOT care as much or more for ME?

It seems to me, Hoggie.... that in your rush to CONDEMN me for my selfishness and arrogance.... you have forgotten the biblical lessons of just how important EACH of God's creation is "CLAIMED" by him to be!

But, I forgive you.

[IF you'll forgive me for getting so serious a few posts back. I didn't MEAN to go off on a tangent like that. This whole THREAD was intended to be lighthearted. I just found it AMUSING that a statue of Jesus was destroyed by an act of God. I wasn't trying to make some heathen POINT about it all!] :hellno:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Board Icon

RebelDarlin said:

Quote:
I know you aren't as ignorant as you make yourself sound sometimes
I'm sorry... is that "petty" .... or "mean?" I get those two confused sometimes.

Quote:
and you are far to old to behave like a child..
Apparently, you aren't. :roll:

Quote:
Yes it is a personal relationship, but you don't get to set the terms.
Really? What happened to FREE WILL?? Are you saying that God is tyrannical? In fact, didn't America fight a revolutionary war against the tyrannical ruler of England which was CONTROLLED by the edicts of the Church? Didn't our ancestors come to America to have the freedom to worship God AS THEY CHOSE?

Quote:
You sit there and demand that HE prove Himself to you. How's that working out for you?
Actually.... I am just "asking" that HE prove his existence to ANYONE on the planet. The last time a burning bush SPOKE, or a sea was parted, was in a book written thousands of years ago by a (superstitious) people who don't even BELIEVE in the prophesied coming of the Messiah. I'd say it's working out about like a rational person would expect.

Quote:
You're so big on doing research, tell me how many times Jesus said "Follow me".
I think it was once or twice... but, repeated in at least FIVE nearly identical "gospels" by a bunch of guys with ENGLISH sounding names.... from the MIDDLE EAST!

Quote:
then let me know how many times He said, "Never mind, I'll do it your way."
That would be once that I know of.... on the CROSS. GOD, on the other hand, told Lucifer he'd "do it HIS way" when it came to JOB.

This is a silly discussion. According to the Bible, God gave NOAH a sign that he would never again destroy the earth by "creating" a rainbow. Of course, TODAY.... we know what REALLY creates a rainbow. EVEN if you "buy" the whole parable of Noah.... which I'm not so sure I do.... Is it SO IMPOSSIBLE for you to believe that Noah SAW a rainbow and DECIDED it was a "sign" from God?? KNOWING as we do what causes a rainbow, it is IMPOSSIBLE that none existed from the inception of time whenever the Sun's rays were viewed through MIST in the air. But, of course.... no one was around to record it until LONG after Noah had died.

Quote:
Better yet, you do it your way and I'll do it mine.
I didn't realize I was STOPPING you.... let alone critcizing or condemning you.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Senior Board Member

You started this and now you go and play the victim because people called you on it? How typical of you. After getting heat for some of your blathering remarks, you trot out the Bible to defend yourself. Keep sitting on that fence (you remember that story, right?).

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
You started this and now you go and play the victim because people called you on it? How typical of you. After getting heat for some of your blathering remarks, you trot out the Bible to defend yourself. Keep sitting on that fence (you remember that story, right?).
I'm not playing any "victim." I don't feel victimized. Did someone "call me" on something? I heard a few remarks saying that "I" was not so special and that the universe (or God's plan) didn't revolve around ME.

I used your OWN reference material to prove that you have forgotten that God said EXACTLY that! Here's another one..... he (or whoever wrote the Bible) said that God knows the exact number of the hairs on my head! :roll:

You remember the song "Jesus loves me?" YOU just can't seem to accept the fact that the ENTIRE purpose of the Bible and religion is to convince mankind that HIS SOUL is worth the DEATH of God's only begotten son.... and that God cares about each of us individually.

And, I just can't imagine WHERE you get that idea. I'm not using the Bible to "defend myself." I'm using it to IMPUGNE your "judgemental" attitude! I NEED no defense.... and you HAVE none. The Biblical record refutes your opinion and position.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
Interesting. I would have thought by a response golfhomo posted to another topic where he made a concentration camp reference that he was just another anti semitic democrat ****** bag. Turns out I was wrong, he is an anti religion democrat ****** bag.
Well... "B Jay" (that IS what your high school locker room buddies called you, isn't it?) I would LOVE for you to get off your lazy azz and post a link to that thread/post (if you know how) so that I can explain my position in simple words that you can understand.... 'cuz I SURE never said anything about concentration camps that would indicate that I was anti-Semitic. I am anything BUT.

As for religion? Well, I can't say I'm a big fan, but I DO have some affection for it. But, whether or not I am religious, what does that have to do with anything, or WHY does that give you the right to call me such a name? Are you insecure in YOUR belief (or orientation?) You certainly aren't well VERSED in it, or you'd be ashamed of being so judgemental of others. Oh... I guess you were playing "the flute" with the Vicar the day of that sermon. :roll:

YOU are the perfect example of the hypocrisy that many see in "church-goers." Your "testimony" is what keeps so many away from whatever church you claim to be a member of. I bet your pastor and family are PROUD of you.

I KNOW if there is a God.... HE is not. :hellno:

Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Actually.... I am just "asking" that HE prove his existence to ANYONE on the planet.
He has proven His existence to me, many times over my years on this earth. I have all the proof I need, from seeing His splendor in the earth He has created, to hearing angels singing in the laughter of my children. I have had my personal prayers answered many times in the past and have experienced things in my life that absolutely prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that He exists, that I am one of his children, and that He loves me, despite the fact that I am a sinner.

Proof is in the individual, Hobo. If He up and worked up some world-wide miracle and converted everyone with such tangible proof, then what would be the point of any of this? What would be the point of the fall of Adam?

Life isn’t meant to be easy and faith isn’t meant to be easy to come by. It’s a journey, one that we travel with the hope of understanding who we are and where we come from. I am a better person today for the trials I have gone through in my life. I have gained my faith, my joy in life, because I have experienced the other side. In all things, there must be opposition.

Without hate, there is no love.

Without sorrow, there is no joy.

Without trials, there is no faith.

Without work, there is no glory.

So I have all the proof I need to know that He exists. Yet my proof is not going to be anyone else’s proof. That is something everyone has to find for themselves.

But then again, you already know that.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
Interesting. I would have thought by a response golfhomo posted to another topic where he made a concentration camp reference that he was just another anti semitic democrat ****** bag. Turns out I was wrong, he is an anti religion democrat ****** bag.

Before this escalates lets try to debate or discuss issues without the name calling. Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Board Icon

We are seeing a typical liberal response.
I think liberals want everything given to them, and made easy, as they feel entitled.
After all, Christ died for all our sins...so where is the get out of jail free card.

The concept of the straight and narrow path is not acceptable, and I'm sure liberals would have the ACLU sue God....if they felt He did exist. :lol:

They want the wide path paved even wider, with special lanes for yada, yada, yada. (another tax and spend project)
They do not ask for God's help, they expect it....but-but-but wait... they don't even believe in Him. :roll:

God wants us to grow, but that's too hard. :cry: