Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog
I do not like many of the people you seem to think I like. (waaaaa?) :hellno:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose knuckle
Does that include me?
nawah....nah...no...phssssh nooooooooooo

Go to bed you mutt face ass-in-the-grass liberal.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:40 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You'll see here, Hobo, that I can lay out some loooong posts, too, so you don't have the corner on that market. Here we go...try to keep up, will ya?

Quote:
I believe that what drove him crazy was the battle of wills against the quite degrading characterizations by Gladhand (often supported by Twilight.)
That’s rich. Gladhand got more warnings than Timberwolf in that exchange and I supported neither of them. I made that quite clear, too.

Quote:
As god is my witness, I did not know until just now that he was even BANNED.... let alone that (as Twilight mentioned elsewhere) he had resorted to a clear violation of the TOS to precipitate it. I know I tread a fine line at times, but I have no intention of EVER purposely violating the rules in an attempt to force anyone's hand on the trigger.

I only mentioned him because I identify with his angst at not being able to OFFER a differing opinion without being brutalized. I, too, often found him pretty tame and reserved. I can't help but believe that he, too, noticed a major sea change in the attitudes and "common" vitriol since the election of Obama. [And I hope that, like so many others here, he will be given a second chance.]
Don’t hold your breath. He did not just talk smack and get out of hand like others that have crossed the line. He blatantly dipped far beneath the standards of decency in the garbage (and it was exactly that) that he posted. There has never been any place for that on this board and those kinds of actions are a death sentence here. If he comes back under a different name and we find out about it, he’ll be banned again. End of discussion.

Quote:
Nope, wrote it and almost posted it. Then I thought about that big hammer you're just waiting to slam down on the BAN button, so I saved it to Notepad and decided not to post it.
Man, if I wanted to ban you, I could have (and maybe should have) many moons ago. The entire moderating team has certainly had just cause and no one here can argue that we haven’t absolutely bent over backwards to allow you to stay. Banning is not something any of us like to do and we will exhaust every avenue to allow someone to remain.

And just because you and I had a “Come to Jesus” meeting, does not give you a free pass or get you off my radar. I will watch and monitor what you say (especially when I get reports) and I will absolutely continue to call you on things, when you are walking on cracking ice.

Quote:
There is so much I'd like to say in response to the last FEW posts of yours, but... I don't feel that I would survive the battle.
Why? Because you don’t feel like you can converse without getting hateful and nasty? Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Quote:
Besides.... you are starting to sound like a "Mr. Hyde" yourself lately as concerns me, and I don't feel the need to continue to feed your ego (or dementia.)
Typical liberal dance step. :roll: Try to impress me next time. I’m not really concerned that you think I am acting like Mr. Hyde toward you. I am acting toward you like I act toward anyone else that is treading on thin ice and my patience is wearing thin. If that hurts your feelings, look in the mirror and fix the problem. It’s as simple as that.

Quote:
I'm sure it would surprise you to know that I agree with much of what you said in your last post.... before you turned on me.
I turned on you? How do you come to that conclusion? Let me try to make this clear…you are in everyone’s sites right now. You are certainly on probation, as you put it, but it’s because of your constant nastiness toward everyone, not because you’re beliefs are far left on a conservative board. You have a habit of leaving the topic and personalizing it, making your attacks on the individual instead of the topic. You have not figured out (or you simply do not care) how to take on a post and do so without getting personal. That’s on you. And if you feel bad or targeted because I’m calling you out, it doesn’t take a whole lot of introspection to figure out why.

Quote:
But, as I told Hoggie.... I never GET to agree with anyone (especially YOU) on CAD because I'm too busy defending myself against PERSONAL ATTACKS.
What you term personal attacks is in fact, a disagreement with your mindset. You wear your heart on your sleeve and any time someone disagrees with you, you automatically go into personal attack mode yourself and completely invalidate your argument.

And this…right here, is absolute proof!

I said:
Quote:
Once more back to you believing – nay, DEMANDING – that everyone think and do exactly like you. You didn’t find a single thread about Haiti here, so decided to lambast the entire board as a bunch of heartless thugs because they didn’t rise up and meet your expectations.
And you come back with:
Quote:
May I say.... with all due respect (which is dwindling) GO FRIG YOURSELF.
Dude, you did EXACTLY what I said you did! You took out the entire posting base because someone didn’t make a post on a topic that YOU thought was important! And when I pointed it out, rather than go back and look to see how people are seeing your post, you say GO FRIG YOURSELF.

Classy retort there. :roll:

You know, Hobo, I do not dislike you. I like to think that you are intelligent and can be well-spoken if you get off your woe-is-me horse, even if I think you are currently naïve. And while I don’t dislike Hobo the person (though he p!sses me off sometimes with his blockheadedness) I dislike your belief set and will speak out against it. I dislike the way you handle yourself and because of that, I am forced to play moderator against you at times. I think you’re a liberal and a far left one at that (my opinion and I am entitled to it); I think that you are completely enraptured and blind to the destruction your president is causing this country; and I stand by my assertion that until you open your eyes and see what is going on out there, you are part of the problem of this country. And don’t mistake my comments…there are problem children on BOTH sides of the political fence. It just so happens that right now, right here on CAD, you are the poster child for how NOT to argue your political stance.

Quote:
Quote:
How about you stop complaining about the lack of a topic on the board and join your dad. Go down there and put some good ol’ fashioned elbow grease into it, then come back and tell us what it was like.
You know? I really wish I COULD have. But, like you and most here... I have to work for a living. But, since I got "closer" to it than YOU did.... I suppose I COULD tell what it was like from my Dad's viewpoint.... if anyone cared to hear it. Obviously.... YOU DON'T.
And there you go again…wearing your heart on your sleeve and coming back on something that had absolutely no insult to it at all. I told you to quit complaining that no one had made a post on Haiti. Not an insult…nothing more than a suggestion. Why? Because you ARE complaining about it. And then you conveniently leave out the very next sentence of my reply which says:

Quote:
That sort of topic would probably go 6 or 7 pages and garner all sorts of well-earned applause.
Instead of reading that for what it is…WELL EARNED APPLAUSE being a pretty good indicator that it was a positive suggestion…you immediately boast that YOU got closer than I did (do you have any idea what I have or have not done regarding Haiti?) and indicate that no one, especially me, would care to hear what your dad did.

Can you really look at that and honestly tell anyone here that you are not the problem here?

Quote:
And this board really IS about YOU.... isn't it? Your own ego/power trip?
Whatever, dude. I can’t even dignify that comment with a reply because it’s so far out there. A four-roller for sure. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quote:
I ACCEPT your judgement that I had become angry and "reactionary." I could not refute it when even Hoggie noticed it and berated me for it. For YEARS, I withstood challenges by The Rev for it. But, this has become "personal" for you now. And that is sad.
Ok…let me get this straight. You ACCEPT that I claim you have become angry and reactionary. You accept it when Hoggie berates you for the same thing. You’ve been challenged “for years” for the exact same thing. But it has suddenly become PERSONAL for me and I am the problem? Do you even read through what you post sometimes?

Quote:
It reflects poorly on you as a "moderator," though I am not complaining about your moderation. You've been more than fair with me in that regard (according to YOUR view of the situation.) But, more importantly, it reflects badly on your participation as a MEMBER of CAD.
Why? Because I (or we as moderators) have given you more leeway than anyone else in the history of CAD? How does that reflect poorly on us…or on me, since that seems to be your current line of thinking.

Quote:
Your answer that caused Wabbit to question "where it came from," which I refrained from responding to, shows a certain inability to "let it go." And, in fact, a propensity to "stalk" a member with derogatory characterizations. I believe the Rev used to say... "no attacking a poster in a thread he didn't post on." I may be wrong, but I don't remember having posted on the "frozen Gore" thread when you "continued" your little rant against me. Maybe I'm wrong... and you were only talking about Obama and his "law of Landru." But, I took it as a slam against me. Am I wrong?
WTF are you talking about?!? It was a completely off the wall humorous comment…dude, I said the Super Bowl was getting replaced by the Waltons! How on earth do you take that as a shot at you?!? Because I used Landrew in another post? Are you wrong? Um…just a little. :roll:

Quote:
You know? It doesn't really matter. You have shown yourself incapable of the type of rational discussion that Hoggie has. Though you have made some valid points that I would love to address, with SOME agreement, you have shown yourself incapable of validating ANY of my opinons or positions, and therefore.... not worth my time. You have.... by default.... proved MY point.
Wow…I don’t even know what to say. Martyr complex much?

Quote:
Now, I don't expect things to change, because I don't think you have the balls to apologize and accept your role in this ugly episode in CAD history. I'm quite sure you don't feel or accept any responsibility. So, I guess things will go on as they are (unless I am banned.)
Well, you got one thing right. I certainly have no intention of apologizing. When I do something that requires it, I’ll man up and do so. You are also right about something else…I do have a role in this ugly episode in CAD history. But that role has been one of trying to get you to walk the same line as everyone else should walk. You know, it’s that whole moderator thingy.

I’ll tell you something, Hobo. Prior to the past year or so, I have stayed mostly out of the political discussion. Mostly…not completely. This past year, I have interjected my comments in more than normal. Why? Because I fully believe we are at the most pivotal juncture in our country’s history. I do not believe we will have another free election. I do not believe we will survive this destructive path we are on. I fully believe that your president is hell-bent not on helping anyone but himself and his circle of criminals. My beliefs and I will stand by them. I will not compromise them and just because I have moderator by my name, doesn’t mean I have to keep them to myself.

I can be a moderator and argue a topic and make my point without resorting to calling people demented or power-tripping or ugly or anything like that. I can do that without being a moderator, too, having done so for years dating back to far before my time here on CAD. I also know how to lay down a complete messageboard butt-kicking and get banned for it. Been there, done that, and bought the T-shirt…but also manned up after the fires died down and said “yeah, I could have handled that better.”

In short, I’ll apologize when I cross the line. I haven’t done that here despite your accusations and I have been more than fair throughout this whole incident. But if you cannot or will not look in the mirror and man up to solve YOUR problems, then your stay here is fast coming to an end. There’s nothing I can do about that. It’s your destructive path, not mine. I’m tired of yelling “hey, look out for the cliff!”

Quote:
But, there IS a chance to regain civility. The ball is in YOUR court.
You know, I could simply take the ball away from you and kick your skinny little butt off the court if I wanted to. But that hasn’t happened. Says a lot for the length that the entire moderating team here will go to keep what used to be and can very easily be again, a solid contributing member to this board.

Quote:
, Twilight.... I was just truly befuddled by the lack of any threads about the earthquake in Haiti! It stood out as a gaping HOLE in the normal discourse of this messageboard. And I apologize for my reaction TO it.
So? How about this. Next time you feel there is a topic of importance that you would like to discuss, try starting one, instead of slamming the rest of the board for not doing it first. I can’t for a moment believe that you cannot see the problem in that.

Quote:
No reply needed. Time alone will tell. I've had my say, and I will live with the consequences. But, I really hope that we can start anew.
Actually, we attempted to start anew last week. It didn’t last. I’m not optimistic that we’ll get anywhere this time, either, because if you are truly NOT getting it, I don’t know what else, short of a permaban, will help it sink in.

But hey…you’re still here. Imagine that…

Old 02-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Board Icon

Hee hee....

I sure hope someone remembered to let Windy out of the bathroom! :lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
You'll see here, Hobo, that I can lay out some loooong posts, too, so you don't have the corner on that market. Here we go...try to keep up, will ya?

That’s rich. Gladhand got more warnings than Timberwolf in that exchange and I supported neither of them. I made that quite clear, too.

Don’t hold your breath. He did not just talk smack and get out of hand like others that have crossed the line. He blatantly dipped far beneath the standards of decency in the garbage (and it was exactly that) that he posted. There has never been any place for that on this board and those kinds of actions are a death sentence here. If he comes back under a different name and we find out about it, he’ll be banned again. End of discussion.

Man, if I wanted to ban you, I could have (and maybe should have) many moons ago. The entire moderating team has certainly had just cause and no one here can argue that we haven’t absolutely bent over backwards to allow you to stay. Banning is not something any of us like to do and we will exhaust every avenue to allow someone to remain.

And just because you and I had a “Come to Jesus” meeting, does not give you a free pass or get you off my radar. I will watch and monitor what you say (especially when I get reports) and I will absolutely continue to call you on things, when you are walking on cracking ice.

Why? Because you don’t feel like you can converse without getting hateful and nasty? Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Typical liberal dance step. :roll: Try to impress me next time. I’m not really concerned that you think I am acting like Mr. Hyde toward you. I am acting toward you like I act toward anyone else that is treading on thin ice and my patience is wearing thin. If that hurts your feelings, look in the mirror and fix the problem. It’s as simple as that.

I turned on you? How do you come to that conclusion? Let me try to make this clear…you are in everyone’s sites right now. You are certainly on probation, as you put it, but it’s because of your constant nastiness toward everyone, not because you’re beliefs are far left on a conservative board. You have a habit of leaving the topic and personalizing it, making your attacks on the individual instead of the topic. You have not figured out (or you simply do not care) how to take on a post and do so without getting personal. That’s on you. And if you feel bad or targeted because I’m calling you out, it doesn’t take a whole lot of introspection to figure out why.

What you term personal attacks is in fact, a disagreement with your mindset. You wear your heart on your sleeve and any time someone disagrees with you, you automatically go into personal attack mode yourself and completely invalidate your argument.

And this…right here, is absolute proof!

I said:

And you come back with:

Dude, you did EXACTLY what I said you did! You took out the entire posting base because someone didn’t make a post on a topic that YOU thought was important! And when I pointed it out, rather than go back and look to see how people are seeing your post, you say GO FRIG YOURSELF.

Classy retort there. :roll:

You know, Hobo, I do not dislike you. I like to think that you are intelligent and can be well-spoken if you get off your woe-is-me horse, even if I think you are currently naïve. And while I don’t dislike Hobo the person (though he p!sses me off sometimes with his blockheadedness) I dislike your belief set and will speak out against it. I dislike the way you handle yourself and because of that, I am forced to play moderator against you at times. I think you’re a liberal and a far left one at that (my opinion and I am entitled to it); I think that you are completely enraptured and blind to the destruction your president is causing this country; and I stand by my assertion that until you open your eyes and see what is going on out there, you are part of the problem of this country. And don’t mistake my comments…there are problem children on BOTH sides of the political fence. It just so happens that right now, right here on CAD, you are the poster child for how NOT to argue your political stance.

And there you go again…wearing your heart on your sleeve and coming back on something that had absolutely no insult to it at all. I told you to quit complaining that no one had made a post on Haiti. Not an insult…nothing more than a suggestion. Why? Because you ARE complaining about it. And then you conveniently leave out the very next sentence of my reply which says:

Instead of reading that for what it is…WELL EARNED APPLAUSE being a pretty good indicator that it was a positive suggestion…you immediately boast that YOU got closer than I did (do you have any idea what I have or have not done regarding Haiti?) and indicate that no one, especially me, would care to hear what your dad did.

Can you really look at that and honestly tell anyone here that you are not the problem here?

Whatever, dude. I can’t even dignify that comment with a reply because it’s so far out there. A four-roller for sure. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ok…let me get this straight. You ACCEPT that I claim you have become angry and reactionary. You accept it when Hoggie berates you for the same thing. You’ve been challenged “for years” for the exact same thing. But it has suddenly become PERSONAL for me and I am the problem? Do you even read through what you post sometimes?

Why? Because I (or we as moderators) have given you more leeway than anyone else in the history of CAD? How does that reflect poorly on us…or on me, since that seems to be your current line of thinking.

WTF are you talking about?!? It was a completely off the wall humorous comment…dude, I said the Super Bowl was getting replaced by the Waltons! How on earth do you take that as a shot at you?!? Because I used Landrew in another post? Are you wrong? Um…just a little. :roll:

Wow…I don’t even know what to say. Martyr complex much?

Well, you got one thing right. I certainly have no intention of apologizing. When I do something that requires it, I’ll man up and do so. You are also right about something else…I do have a role in this ugly episode in CAD history. But that role has been one of trying to get you to walk the same line as everyone else should walk. You know, it’s that whole moderator thingy.

I’ll tell you something, Hobo. Prior to the past year or so, I have stayed mostly out of the political discussion. Mostly…not completely. This past year, I have interjected my comments in more than normal. Why? Because I fully believe we are at the most pivotal juncture in our country’s history. I do not believe we will have another free election. I do not believe we will survive this destructive path we are on. I fully believe that your president is hell-bent not on helping anyone but himself and his circle of criminals. My beliefs and I will stand by them. I will not compromise them and just because I have moderator by my name, doesn’t mean I have to keep them to myself.

I can be a moderator and argue a topic and make my point without resorting to calling people demented or power-tripping or ugly or anything like that. I can do that without being a moderator, too, having done so for years dating back to far before my time here on CAD. I also know how to lay down a complete messageboard butt-kicking and get banned for it. Been there, done that, and bought the T-shirt…but also manned up after the fires died down and said “yeah, I could have handled that better.”

In short, I’ll apologize when I cross the line. I haven’t done that here despite your accusations and I have been more than fair throughout this whole incident. But if you cannot or will not look in the mirror and man up to solve YOUR problems, then your stay here is fast coming to an end. There’s nothing I can do about that. It’s your destructive path, not mine. I’m tired of yelling “hey, look out for the cliff!”

You know, I could simply take the ball away from you and kick your skinny little butt off the court if I wanted to. But that hasn’t happened. Says a lot for the length that the entire moderating team here will go to keep what used to be and can very easily be again, a solid contributing member to this board.

So? How about this. Next time you feel there is a topic of importance that you would like to discuss, try starting one, instead of slamming the rest of the board for not doing it first. I can’t for a moment believe that you cannot see the problem in that.

Actually, we attempted to start anew last week. It didn’t last. I’m not optimistic that we’ll get anywhere this time, either, because if you are truly NOT getting it, I don’t know what else, short of a permaban, will help it sink in.

But hey…you’re still here. Imagine that…
One sentence and my A.D.D kicked in, sorry.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
One sentence and my A.D.D kicked in, sorry.
Hey.... find your OWN mod to pizz off will ya? There's only room for ONE on T/F's *****list right now... and that's ME! :clap:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Hee hee....

I sure hope someone remembered to let Windy out of the bathroom! :lol2:
I'll have you know...
I'm 64 years old, and can still go to the bathroom all by myself...:lol:
And, for the record...
Quote:
CAUTION: This response NOT short enough for Windwalker's attention span!
Yes, I do recognize this as a joke. I do not find it offensive in the least.
Matter of fact, I laughed so hard, I had to wipe the tears away.:rofl::rofl:
More than once, I've accused him of practicing to write a book. But, yes, I do read the posts (most of them, if there's something intelligent in them) and do respond if I feel I have something to contribute.

The irony I see in all of this is...

We'll spend a whole lot of money to rescue an animal that may be very well equipt to survive in the wild.
We consider human life to be far more valuable than any other form of life.
Yet, when it comes to giving aid to those less fortunate, we start to dig in our heels. Yet, most of us call ourselves "Christians".

Surely, you've heard the famous quote...

"What you do for the least of my bretheren, you also do for me."
(No, Hobo, I'm not here for another spelling lesson)
Not really surprising, though. The help for our own needs to start at the private level. Not from the government. We call them leaders, but as slow as the wheels of government turn, they are actually followers. So, in effect, before you can expect the government to start taking care of our own, you have to show them how.

As a result of the quake, the people in Haiti are far less fortunate than we are. If Christianity means anything to you, you are already helping those less fortunate than you are, no matter where they may be. They do not have to be in Haiti. They can be neighbors half a mile away from you. If you are not, then you are a Christain in name only.

I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone. You each must look inside yourselves. It's up to you to decide what you are.

My issue is the administrative costs versus actual benefit. I don't see "lining one's pockets" while doing the "Christian thing" as being very Christian. I was brought up to believe that it is wrong to profit from someone else's misfortune. After seeing the "director" of a charity (It only takes twenty five cents a day to give one of these kids a chance at life) cruising the country in a huge motorhome, I have to question the administrative costs. It suggests that 5 cents, or maybe 10, a day, directly to the child would do the same amount of good.

With all the damage, and loss of life, I'm not against the millions in aid to Haiti. But, I would like to see an accurate accounting of just how much of it actually helps the people.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Senior Board Member

It is very simple in my eyes. Haiti was a Craphole of a country in the 80's-90's-00's. Hell how many times did they have a coup. Yet we bailed them out time after time AGAIN AND AGAIN. Yes there was Major loss of life down there. However we have bigger issues HERE like starving people in this country. Homeless people not to mention Illegal immigration. Yet all of a sudden that must take a backdoor to a Nation that is so crooked I do not know if Obama sent people there to help OR GET IDEAS HOW TO SCREW US OVER MORE.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Hey.... find your OWN mod to pizz off will ya? There's only room for ONE on T/F's *****list right now... and that's ME! :clap:
Just trying to relieve some of the pressure.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, Yeah, I know this thread is a couple of years old buuuttttt, I have a question. I was watching the Tropical Storm coverage and I just happened to be watching when one of the reporters was in Haiti amongst the THOUSANDS of tents and squalor. What in the H.E. double toothpicks happened to all of the, what was it? 3 BILLION dollars? 2 or 3yrs ago or continue to be donated to them? It's more of a rhetorical question than anything, I know what happened to the money as do many on here. This is why I don't donate to things like this anymore, which is, yes, very sad!

I found this from CBS's website:
[h=1]Haiti Earthquake Aid: Nearly $15 Billion in Donation Email[/h]Three months after the earthquake in Haiti, many people still in need of basic emergency help.

CBS News set out to answer what seemed like a simple question: how much has been spent on and promised to Haiti?
The answer didn't exist in one place.

So we compiled the best figures available to come up with a total.

Here's what we came up with:
Total Donations for Haiti Earthquake Relief:
  • $4 billion: NGO's and charities. That includes $66 million raised by record-breaking Hope for Haiti Now telethon.
  • $1.019 billion: U.S. tax dollars through USAID (as of April 9)
  • $1.15 billion: U.S. tax dollars (for future redevelopment)
  • $8.75 billion (for redevelopment from non-U.S. countries and world bodies)
TOTAL: $14.9+ billion
(Not included is debt forgiveness which the US and other countries are offering Haiti)
Haiti's government has estimated losses from the quake to be approximately $8 billion. Economists and world bodies have estimated the cost of rebuilding at between $8 billion and $14 billion.
The $14.9 billion donated so far works out to nearly $10,000 for each of the estimated 1.5 million Haitians left homeless and displaced by the disaster. On average, workers there earn just $4 a day. The funding includes emergency aid as well as pledges to help rebuild Haiti to a state better than it was before: new hospitals, clinics, school systems, government buildings, better sanitation and a more modern infrastructure.

OK, I missed just a WEE bit, by about 12 BILLION dollars!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Board Icon

Don't forget to add-in that we were not the only country who sent them aid. What this country donated alone by the Haitians own figures should have covered everything. We know that wasn't true but what the rest of the world donated should have picked up the slack yet it hasn't come close..........so why do we keep sending aid to these countries when it's obvious the money doesn't go where it is supposed to go? Where was our help from the rest of the world when Katrina hit NO? All those people got were some low interest loans from FEMA and the money they got barely was enough to put a roof back over their heads. In some cases it didn't even do that. Our priorities are all screwed up, let's help the Haitians with money that will never get to the right people and leave our own left hanging out to dry.