Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   How do you feel about Haiti?? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/39490-how-do-you-feel-about-haiti.html)

Mackman 02-03-2010 02:12 AM

How do you feel about Haiti??

This is my rant about Haiti.

Now we are bringing these Haiti people to our country to use our Hospitals. But a American cant use the hospital if he doesn't have Insurance. Plus all the millions we gave them. I just don't ****ing get it!!!! Why cant we take care of our own first.

Anyone esle feel this way??

Syncrosonix 02-03-2010 03:45 AM

i'm with you on that. we need to focus on our own damn problems and stop giving freebies to other nations. the very same nations that talk nonstop smack.

Roadhog 02-03-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 474136)
Anyone esle feel this way??

Absolutely, and should have been for some time now. We have over bloated welfare programs with millions of lazy ignorant drug addict sperm donor criminals who do nothing but breed more of the same scum who suck off the taxpayer their entire worthless POS lives.

In a nutshell, the problems here at home and worldwide have to do with politicians, and corrupt governments that lies to, and steal from the people.

Why can't we help our own first? Regular Americans always try with charity, tax dollars, and volunteerism. We've allowed more and more government welfare and entitlement programs, because we've trusted and relied upon our leaders to be doing the right thing. But we now can plainly see, the government designs the programs to fail, so they can ask for more and more tax dollars, power and control.

The will to do the right thing is all but dead, as people realize how overwhelming this has become. Everything has become unsustainable, and beyond the point of no return. I think we all sense what is coming, and we don't want to believe it. Once you are swirling the drain, it's a little late to be waking up.

Helping the Haitians is mainly an effort to not feel totally numb to human suffering. Maybe next year we won't be in any position to care.

bikerboy 02-03-2010 06:39 AM

i agree, i am pretty sure the US has debts they need to pay and canada likely does too, we need to focus on paying off our own debts before we go and give money away to other countries.

Giving them money is like feeding wild animals, they just keep breeding and coming back for more, it will never end!

stop the cycle now!

Fredog 02-03-2010 11:28 AM

how much did they help us after our last disaster?

Malaki86 02-03-2010 12:12 PM

As for the drug abusing welfare recipients, West Virginia is working on passing a law requiring drug testing on ALL persons receiving public assistance. I hope this bill passes as it's got the most common-sense approach to the problem.

Ridge Runner 02-03-2010 02:48 PM

Good question Mackman, and tough to answer. There are two different fronts at work here. The government front and the private front.

As to the former: This is America. We will lead the way. Why? Because it's what we do and we do damn well. Things were going nowhere there until we ( our military ) stepped in. They are set up to handle things like this. We ( the US ) are the best there is. Because of that, the world expects this of us and we always deliver. I know things are tough here for a lot of folks and while I don't like someone else giving my money away to others, but I would rather see it go to someone who is suffering like the people of Haiti than some drunk/drugged out parent or to teach our nations kids how "bad" America is because we have so much more than everyone else. Being the best, being number one, being the leader is a great burden and we bear it knowing that somewhere, someone will try to find fault with what or how we did it.

On the private front: I can sum this one up fairly quick. Haiti has a small airport. The LARGE amount of doctors, supplies ect... that are going there have to make an appointment to land. My understanding is that the wait time is several days. The American people have ALWAYS stepped up to the plate when others are in need. Deep down I think Americans know they have been blessed to live in the greatest country on earth. Because of that, giving to those in need comes natural because it is the right thing to do.

So, there is my "contary" opinion for the day. ;)

Ridge

Orangetxguy 02-03-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 474150)
how much did they help us after our last disaster?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Everytime WE have a hurricane...doesn't matter where it hits the USA....Haiti has its hands extended expecting a share of any disaster money!!

It's to bad about all the deaths down there....but chit happens. We stepped up for the Tsunami back in 04. We step up everytime ANY country has a disaster!

Enough is never going to be enough!

Jackrabbit379 02-03-2010 03:50 PM

I think everyone has some good points, and I agree with everyone.

Yeah, there are so many people in our country that are in need, and can't afford insurance, nor can they afford out-of-pocket doctor bills. There are so many that are out-of-work, and they have trouble finding work. Those are the ones that are hung out to dry. At the same time, there are so many that have Medicaid, and don't need it. We have no-telling how many right here in our city. My wife works for my eye doctor, and she sees this crap nearly on a daily basis. They come in needing glasses. They pull up in a Cadillac, or a SUV. They are wearing $500 worth of clothes, not to mention their $300 purse. They are well manicured, and they pull out their Medicaid card. Some of them want the "high-dollar" glasses, and Medicaid doesn't approve it, so they pull out a wad of cash and pay the difference. That puts a burr under my saddle. That's where my tax dollars go. Right straight to Dillard's, JC Penney. :mad: :p
Now that probably wasn't needed, but I call it the way I see it. :p
On the other hand, I have to agree with Ridge Runner.
"What does our country have to do with the rest of the world? Why do we fret when other countries are having disasters, or fighting each other? I'm sorry, but.. oh well." That's how many of us think. I have to admit, I've thought the same, but we are the USA. We come to rescue others, when they are in need. I'm not gonna jabber on, because Ridge Runner nailed it. We do come to the world's rescue. That's what makes our country, the best in the world.

Roadhog 02-03-2010 08:30 PM

It was my point as well, that I am always proud as an American to know we can come to the aide of human suffering, no matter what the politics or location. Being Haiti is a close neighbor, it's also in our best interest to try and help them succeed if possible.

I was more wrapped up in the why this aide doesn't work for them as well as here at home. Our problems are the same, as the problems of these rat infested Nations we always have to go save. The problems are from the top down in leadership.

Most all these countries are governed from the top down. The U.S.A. use to always be governed from the bottom up. That has changed, and now we are in great peril.

This may be the last years we Americans will be able to extend a helping hand. Our days of saving the world, Nation building, and caring about anything beyond our own borders is about over. We'll see anyway within the next couple years or so. So much right now is about to come crashing down, and it's amazing how well we are able to look the other way, and pretend if we don't see it...then it doesn't exist.