User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Awah, yoose guys are missing the boat here!
I applied for a Green Job Grant, through the Stimulus Bill, and got
80 million dollars to develope recyclable printing paper.
Thing is all office print paper is already recyclable.
I recently sent them need for an emergency grant of another 40 million,
because I told them we are very close to a break through.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:24 AM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

We each got a $50 Safeway gift card for Thanksgiving and the first xmas party in the nearly 40 year history of the company. I am afraid it's all to set us up for a pay cut at the first of the year,

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"
Old 12-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Senior Board Member

issedoff: I'm just going to bite my lower lip and wish all of you a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

For my Christmas bonus this year they said I could keep my job.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I would be thankful that I had a job and haven't had to take a pay cut. A Christmas bonus is not something that is guaranteed. Some companies do give a bonus or gifts but it is not guaranteed and should not be expected. I think most do, but I would not have expected a bonus this Christmas. Contrary to what we hear from the government, the depression is not over. Thousands have lost their jobs and I expect more will lose their jobs as more carriers close down. Arrow is not the first to shut the doors and will not be the last. I would not be so quick to put down my boss or company because they may not be able to afford a bonus this Christmas. Perhaps the bonus is being able to keep your job. The fact that he has been able to keep the doors open, make payrolland pay the bills is a feat many have not been able to do during these difficult trials. This is a time to be grateful and to reflect on the things that we do have. Many are out of work and have had their homes foreclosed on. Imagine being out of work and homeless at this time of year. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I would be thankful that I had a job and haven't had to take a pay cut. A Christmas bonus is not something that is guaranteed. Some companies do give a bonus or gifts but it is not guaranteed and should not be expected. I think most do, but I would not have expected a bonus this Christmas. Contrary to what we hear from the government, the depression is not over. Thousands have lost their jobs and I expect more will lose their jobs as more carriers close down. Arrow is not the first to shut the doors and will not be the last. I would not be so quick to put down my boss or company because they may not be able to afford a bonus this Christmas. Perhaps the bonus is being able to keep your job. The fact that he has been able to keep the doors open, make payrolland pay the bills is a feat many have not been able to do during these difficult trials. This is a time to be grateful and to reflect on the things that we do have. Many are out of work and have had their homes foreclosed on. Imagine being out of work and homeless at this time of year. Merry Christmas.
Well said Gman. I think everyone now days thinks he or she is entitled to this bonus or that bonus and that is what is wrong with the work force now days. I neither expect or care if I get one or not. If I do though that is cool but when I do not I am not disappointed. Or whine about it.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Perhaps this would be a good time to remember the words of JFK. In a speech he said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." I believe that he was making a speech about public service. Perhaps we should change country to company. Ask not what your company can do for you, but what you can do for your company.:thumbsup: A company is made up of people. It is up to the people to make sure their company is viable. Management guides a company, but it is those who are on the line who can make the difference between success and failure. I usually hear about what a company is NOT doing for workers. It would be refreshing to hear what those workers are doing for their companies.

We have become a very selfish society. It is all about me, me, me!! Perhaps if we gave more thought to others our country would be in much better shape.

What are you doing to help your company? Do you shut your engine off when not necessary? Do you keep your speed down to save fuel and wear and tear on your truck? Do you check tire pressure on a regular basis? Do you do a proper pre trip each day? Do you plan your trips properly to save extra or out of route miles? Do you take care of your assigned equipment? Do you keep your equipment clean and neat? Do you change out a market light or headlight rather than waiting for a truck stop to do it and charge $90 do do something that you can do in 5 minutes? Do you sell your employers fuel? Do you steal from your employer? Do you constantly whine about your job and your employer? Do you try to work with your dispatcher to be more productive?

Rather than whine about what your employer doesn't do for you, perhaps you should concentrate on what they are doing for you and what you can do to make things better. A company is only as good as their employees. Each employee is either an asset or liability. Which are you?

An employer is only obligated to pay you what was agreed when you took the position. He is not obligated to pay a bonus. In fact, most bonuses are paid for greater performance over and above what is expected. He is not required to pay for you to take a vacation. He is not obligated to provide insurance. He is not required to pay a retirement. If he does provide any of these benefits then good for you. Be thankful. Anything that your employer provides over and above your wages is a plus. It is not an obligation, although many have come to believe that it is a right for an employer to provide all these benefits. It isn't.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Board Regular
Default I love it when you do that...

Well said, GMAN. Well said.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Senior Board Member

I got a $25 Walmart card, new jacket, stocking cap, led flashlight, mittens and I got a brand new 65 mph Peterbilt that I could order in any color as long as it was white. And on the fourth of January I get to pull my first Schnabble trailer load. 16' wide and 17' tall. Woohoo.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Hmmmmmm....... The company tried to get me to deadhead 600 miles to a load that paid $1001 and took me straight home for Christmas. :rofl: The load picks up saturday morning at 6. :rofl: :hellno:

After getting a zero response from the terminal :angryblue: ....I called Central Dispatch. Now I am working the entire weekend...and instead of only turning $1001, and sitting in SC today and tomorrow.....by Tuesday I will have turned $4300, plus the fsc! :thumbsup: :lol2:

No party.......no bonus....... no extra anything...but...I might be able to pay the bills! :thumbsup:

Thank you Lord God.