Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Should I Report This or Let it Lie

I will try not to name names or places, but yesterday I saw this happen.

Today I saw this driver pull into a T/S, Where there is a big sign that says "TRUCK EXIT ONLY". He after pulling in he realizes that he made a booboo, he proceeded to exit the T?S where the big sign says "TRUCK ENTRY ONLY" which leads to a one-way on-ramp for a US Highway. Pulls up far enough to get straight and then backs up on the one-way on ramp.

Should i report this?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Senior Board Member

I said don't but thats only if the driver "this is used losely on this one" parks and you can talk to them. If not I've been known to pull up some old numbers and talk to companies. I had an unamed company pull over a new driver b4, when I caught up to them and managed to talk to them thier trainer was asleep in the back. I had a few words to say to that so called trainer like what was he thinking of letting a fresh trainee go solo up and down mount eagle. He nearly took me off the road as I was trying to pass.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Senior Board Member

no, you shouldn't. if he didn't cause an accident, and not a single person was injured. just leave it be.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Senior Board Member

My opinion, You need to worry about what you can control! You are not the law so why come here and ask if you should drop a dime???? I think I would worry about how much freight you can put in that small box!! That is something you might be able to control!!
The going in the out door and out the in door has been done by all who ever have driven a truck at 1 time or another. Just remember that straight truck is easier to get around in!!! He made a mistake, get over it, God was watching!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Board Regular

Apparently, it was a newbie driver learning the correct way to enter and not to enter truck stops the hard way. Anyway it sounds like he received a pretty good lesson, so lets hope it won't happen again in the future.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Senior Board Member

What is your problem outlaw?

The guy was not a straight truck he was a tractor trailer. I was also not going to report him to the law, but to his safety department.

BTW, I had driven tractor trailers for a while before moving to straight trucks.

BTW, I have carried anything from 150 pounds up to 20,000 pounds in that little box. Also, for the record my weekly average of miles is higher driving expedited than it ever was driving 'regular' trucking and that was with the same company that did the wrong way thing.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dle View Post
What is your problem outlaw?

The guy was not a straight truck he was a tractor trailer. I was also not going to report him to the law, but to his safety department.

BTW, I had driven tractor trailers for a while before moving to straight trucks.

BTW, I have carried anything from 150 pounds up to 20,000 pounds in that little box. Also, for the record my weekly average of miles is higher driving expedited than it ever was driving 'regular' trucking and that was with the same company that did the wrong way thing.

I don't have a problem, you do! No one was hurt, no accident, he made a mistake and probably learned his lesson!! You started a poll and asked for opinions if you should drop a dime on him, I gave you mine and you don't like it... to bad!
Sense you brought it up "BTW" why did you go backwards in your career moving to a straight truck?
BTW I know a few dedicated drivers who drive for the same company you do and are having problems getting the miles, one of which is my ex wife who has a perfect work ethic and has always been a hard worker! So don't try to come back saying they don't want to work! They all say they sit between the BS loads waiting for the chance to make some money! That's the "just in time" business!!
BTW i never insinuated the driver at fault drove a straight truck, I was talking about you driving a straight truck! YES I saw your avatar pic!
My comment about control of what you could put in your own box was just that, you can control that, so don't worry about another driver making a mistake! You don't get paid to drive his truck, or for that matter being the savior of the road!!!
I'm sorry, your poll just hit me wrong. We are drivers, not dime droppers!! If you feel a driver has done something very unsafe to the public, and caused an accident you should be calling the law, not asking us for advice. You are a big boy and know right from wrong! Many people, cars trucks and motorcycles have done things the wrong way a time or two. By your own admission you said he corrected his mistake, maybe he inconvenienced a few drivers, or maybe you, who knows. It was a learning experience, so leave it alone!!
I hope you didn't take this post the wrong way again, its just how I feel. This industry is going to the crapper faster and faster every day, and people call the companies for the smallest stuff, and as you may know they only seem to want perfect robots these days, well no ones perfect. I hope you get the drift of my response to your post???
Old 11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Do you consider moving to a company that gives me more miles and pay than I had before a backward career move?

I won't be drawn into arguments of why one person gets loads and another doesn't. The reasons are usually simple - especially in expediting. Sometimes our customers themselves put restrictions on what kind of truck, team or not, how far away they are, etc etc etc. In our case we have had the right size truck, with a team in the right spot and the right time.

Dedicated with Panther? As far as I know there are no 'dedicated" accounts.

Yes driving a straight truck is for the most part easier to drive. However, it does have it's moments.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Board Icon

I'd at least called the safety dept. and let them know that they may want to check on the driver and make certain they can comprehend English. No excuse when large signs are in place to do something that dumb no matter what their experience level is. They then proceeded to back up an on-ramp? That is one of the most basic rules/law out there, you never back up on a major highway because you made a boo boo and missed your exit or turn. Sorry but minding your own business doesn't apply here, we need to get these foolish drivers off the road.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dle View Post
Do you consider moving to a company that gives me more miles and pay than I had before a backward career move?

I won't be drawn into arguments of why one person gets loads and another doesn't. The reasons are usually simple - especially in expediting. Sometimes our customers themselves put restrictions on what kind of truck, team or not, how far away they are, etc etc etc. In our case we have had the right size truck, with a team in the right spot and the right time.

Dedicated with Panther? As far as I know there are no 'dedicated" accounts.

Yes driving a straight truck is for the most part easier to drive. However, it does have it's moments.

Dedicated was meant as a dedicated person.... Never said they had dedicated runs!! I'm not trying to draw you into anything, but now that you mention it, would love to see proof of miles with Panther, like I said I know a few people, they have hazmat, tandem rear axles, are able to go into Canada, don't know if they do, and all run teams, they can do all the size will let them. 3 of the friends now work where i do now at CVS!!!
Being there at the right time every time is hard to believe, but hey, maybe you da man....lol
Just heard to many bad things about the miles, but all said most everything else was good. How long have you been there, where is the owner of your truck out of?? and quit the argument thing, that's not me!!!!