User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hi, names Les, wife told me about this board and thought I might be interested. Grew up in a trucking family, between grandfathers, dad and self, we have about 80-90 years in trucking. I've been at it myself for 20 and still claim to be a rookie. I've hauled explosives on the ice roads of Alaska, taught drivers training in N.J. at Ft. Dix, hauled heavy loads in German (military) and have the pleasure of seeing the lower 48 through the windshield at others expense. Now running linehaul from Vegas to northern Arizona, Mon-Fri and home every weekend.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Rookie

Hi, I'm Todd. Stopped here on a twisted hunt for information on trucking and trucks only to spend a couple hours in Dr. Who's story thread. I only have a B license (drove school bus and related company stuff (Ryder) from 1992-1998) but I keep is current in case I need a job suddenly. I found out I make more right now telling people how to run computers. I miss the driving (but not the cargo).

-Lego
Old 07-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Hello All!

Hello All...My name is Terri. I found this sight while searching for a CDL School and have now been hooked. My long road to OTR (short version) Grew up riding with my Dad in his Mac and have been a gypsy ever since. My youngest child will be 21 in Aug and it's now time to do what I want to do, not what I have to. Spent 20 years in Corporate America as a Computer Network Engineer, supported 5 kids through college. Downsized! Now it's Mama's turn!

Haven't signed on with any company yet but hope to by the end of this month. I'll be 48 July 25, have been single 22 years. I'm a loner by nature, can't work with a bunch of women (tried it, was told I have no people skills) :twisted: can't stand the bitchin' and whinin'! I'm well aware of the ups & downs of life on the road and have been wanting to do this since I was 10.

Glad to meet ya'll!

Rebel
Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Rookie

my name is Justin, I'm 24 and from different parts of New York. after driving light and medium duty tow truck for the last 4yrs i have decided to make a career change. I am putting myself through NTTS in syracuse, ny in hopes to get a job over the road.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by classa
New and old members alike, use this topic to take the time and introduce yourself to the other members using this forum board. No need to post a new topic, just post a reply and tell us about yourself.

:aktion057:
Greetings All...

I"m James... I stumbled upon this site googling info on trucking. I've been driving for 12 years. I'm currently in the Air Force, and am looking to get out, so I need to learn as much about the Civilian sector as I can in the next year. I'm an vet of the ever popular Operation Iraqi Freedom fight & the not so known Bosnia krap that went on years back. I've been around the world many many times and can't wait to actually get a house and settle down.

I'm 32, married with 3 kids, I live in Japan. I'll probably be moving back to North Florida (Crestview or Tallahassee) soon (or S. Ga). I want to purchase my own used Tractor Trailer. I understand I have much to learn and am looking to the vets out there for advice.

THanks,
James
Old 08-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Rookie

Hi, my name is Alexa and I have been researching trucking. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I was talked out of it several times, but not this time. Oh, BTW I'm 32yrs old and I live in Burlington, NC.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:26 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am 48 years old, married with two daughters and one son. Two of the three in college.

I enjoy motorcycles, boating and fishing.

I am currently in Bardstown, KY but will be moving to Charleston, WV this coming Jan.

I owned my own trucking company up until the Army requested my services. I will be done in Jan and going back to being an O/O.

Take care and be safe.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Rookie
Default greetings

Hello, I am 50 years old, an ex Pipefitter, my knees could not take any more from the construction industry. Besides I have always had a spot in my heart for truck driving. Now I am going to find out if I really do enjoy it. Of course my kids are all grown and gone. My wife of 18 years seems to be OK with the idea, and I think once she takes a few trips with me, she will like it also. I started out just thinking of a way to make a living but the more I have gotten into it the more intresting this has all become. I have gotten my schooling and my CDL and I am going to orientation with GTI on 8/2/07. Looking forward to seeing all of you out there.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Default Hi New here

Hi all just joined a week ago still looking for the right school/company then I will be on the road.

Alittle about me Names Paul age 37 live in NYC will be moving to VA in 3 months or so.Looking at going to centraltech and working for CFI.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Rookie

Greetings to all;
Newbie to the game, did farm to market many moons ago, getting the CDL was a snap. Now I'm a older old f*rt, retired detective. My log book looks like a time line in a homicide investigation, but DOT and cops like it, so I'll stay with it my way.
Got lots to learn, really can't add much to any thread. But I will say that any fatal accident will have an investigator from the insurance co or plaintiff's attorney, and the police agencies going over your records with a fine tooth comb.
These outfits hire guys that are totally anal, and they can smell bs from a mile away.
So stay legal!
And don't ever let anyone push you to do anything illegal. "Just following orders" defense won't cut it, and may push a jury to place you in a situation where you can't breed or reproduce (Wink once if you get my drift).
On a more pleasant note, I've met a collection of saints and sinners while on the road, overall I find folks who travel with a pet, a dog or a cat seem happier and are better drivers.
Keep the shinny side up, bees on the bumper and bears off your fanny.
(Oh and don't forget to give a "bum" a buck or two now and then ... Angels will travel in many forms.........)