User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello out there!! My name is Randy, I'm 47 and live in Florence.SC. I'm single and live with my girlfriend and 2 cats. Most of my life was spent in the sales profession in a family business until about 7 years ago when I decided that I was tired of being stressed, burnt out, and not happy with day to day living. I went to trucking school, got my CDL with all endorsements and haven't looked back since. I drove for several companies until I decided to get into the local aggregate hauling business so I could be home every night and on weekends. Well, I finally found my calling. I drove for other companies for about 3 years and in May of last year I bought my own truck. Got me a 2000 Peterbilt tri-axle dump and have never been this happy in my life. I love to work everyday and I am now stress free and happy. I finally found a profession where I can be myself and enjoy life to the fullest. Its too bad that people have to live like slaves and dread living their miserable lives. I was almost one of those until I decided to go after my dreams. I just regret not doing this 25 years ago. You gotta go for what you want and it'll happen for you. Be careful out there and Good Luck.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hey there, been looking at this site for a few weeks now. Nickname and cb handle is JED, just like the hillbilly on TV. Married to my wonderful wife who has stuck with me through some very rough times and of course the good ones. 2 wonderful daughters, ages 4 and 2 1/2. I drive for a contractor with Fed Ex Ground...love it. Am going to buy his company in a few years. Look forward to making comments on topics in the future
Old 02-18-2007, 04:01 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
hey there, been looking at this site for a few weeks now. Nickname and cb handle is JED, just like the hillbilly on TV. Married to my wonderful wife who has stuck with me through some very rough times and of course the good ones. 2 wonderful daughters, ages 4 and 2 1/2. I drive for a contractor with Fed Ex Ground...love it. Am going to buy his company in a few years. Look forward to making comments on topics in the future
Good luck here! There are several posters on the board that like to insult people for simply asking questions and if you side with me, you will be an out cast! So don't talk to me! This board is one that I say is only for looking at not asking information as you will either get a correct answer and someone will state they are wrong which ends up to a debate or you won't be answered at all! The first is the usual response! But good luck here, I hope you enjoy! I am always here to help in the logs area! I don't know much about the other regualtions , but I can find out some of the ohters the next day :lol:
Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Rookie

Just spent a lot of time tyyping out my story and somehow got deleted. I type very slow,new to this computer thing. My butts tired so I,ll try another time.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Rookie

My name is Thomas Aben and I've been driving since June 06. Not very long and can't give much advice, but have taken a lot and not taken some since I started school. I have been married for 4 years and have 3 children. A 10 yr old son, 3 yr old daughter and 1 yr old daughter.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:49 AM

I'm looking to get into Flatbed trucking. I've been working in the credit card industry for the last 7 years, can't take helping to nickel and dime hard working Americans anymore while my corporation gets richer and richer while outsourcing our jobs to India and Indonesia.

Need to get out on the road, pay my dues, work hard, and hopefully land a job where I am home most weekends per am about to get married.

Appreciate the info and advice on this forum.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Board Regular

I'm David, Drove for 4 years till the last company (Navajo) decided They wanted me to drive Illegally and when I refused, I was let go, or they came got their truck and I had not worked since, and that was in Nov 7 2000. I am a disable Vet, and currently residing in the Tropics of the Philippines.

When I drove I pulled Dry Vans, Reefers, and Flatbeds. My best job was pulling a flat bed, for a local Company (Centery Granite) back home. Leave out Monday and get home on Friday. Leave loaded and come home empty. Bad part had 9 to 18 stops per trip and I had to unload myself. During the time I drove for them the Customers would call in on me, not to complain, but to give praises. I had to drive into Cementaries, and Funeral Homes to make my delieveries.. What made it fun was to drive into a Cementary and not touching the Grass with the trailer when making the turns.. Yep I even did a U turn in one in St Loius, Mo and only tipped the Grass with the trailer....

My shortest time at a company was one week, Long enough to go through Orintation, and go 200 miles and get the truck, and drive it back to the yard (Rocor).

I am currently on Disability, but I hate not working. I will be here in the Philippines till Oct the latest before I come back to the States. Then I may get back to work again, but I may wait till after May of 2008 so I will not have to worry about Child Support since the SS is paying it now, and my Daughter will be 18 then.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Senior Board Member

well my name is troy. i live on the tn/ al line. i have been happily married for 20 years & have 6 kids. yes 6... we have our own zip code.
i just recently child proofed the house. but the kids still find a way back in.
lol. i am driving the same truck i started in. going over 7 years now. hit 1 mil mi's last week without ever having any work done to truck. ever!! still have original clutch it it. dont know whats holding it together. i always serviced myself. i pull flat bed. this forum is very informative. especially the maintenance part. the people here are 1st class. my best to all.. troy
Old 03-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Hi there all, I have raised 2 boys and have 1 grandson. I am not yet OTR and am looking at making the career change within 3yrs. I have been around the boards reading every bit of informatin available and asking some of my own questions. Thanks to all who have been able to provide information.

I have looked into different driver training programs here and spoken to some drivers. I do have family members who drive.....not necessarily agree with what I aim to do though. Here in Ontario the CDL or AZ license does not require a training program to obtain it, however, most companies will not hire without it.

Boards are well maintained by all.

Be careful out there. Drive Safe!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Rookie

Hi Everyone, my name is Mo & I was searching for trucking's companies, when I found this site, I will spend the next few days, reading every page & learning more, thanks to site owners & all the contributors, I have found the answers to most of my questions, take care.