User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Introduction

My name is John Bratten. I'm new to truck driving, and new to internet forums. Learning a lot these days.

By way of introduction, I'm 49 years old and commercial driving is very much about a way out of mid-life crisis. I simply became fed up with sitting behind a desk under flourescent lights all the time. I should have my CDL in about two weeks, and I'm itchin' to get up and get on the road!

I currently live in Sheridan, Wyoming by way of Eugene, Oregon and Missoula, Montana. I have lived in the western states all of my life, and the West is home to me. I do, however, very much look forward to seeing the rest of our states, especially the north-east.

Interests: #1 - the Word of God. My faith is crucial to my well-being. I'm very interested in meeting other Christian truck drivers who love our Lord. If you are one of us, please drop me a line. My other interest #1: My children (Isabel, age 5 and Benjamin, age 4). I'm divorced and my young 'uns live with their mother in Michigan. I'm hoping that my career change will give me a way to see them more often. Interests #2 thru 5: Spending time outdoors, reading, dogs, and horses.

Perhaps we'll meet on the road. In the meantime, blessings on ya'.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Hi everyone-welcome
bunch of very good people on here(some say I'm not though :P ) and we're a pretty diverse group and we're spread all over the country.

this is a great forum
bill
Old 09-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Rookie

Hi y'all, my name is Brian and I'm from Salem, Oregon. I am 39 with a
Norwegian wife and 3 kids. I began my trucking career with Schneider National in April of 2005 where they also trained me. Got into trucking cause my old job tinting windows just wasn't paying the bills. Am getting on with Marten Transport in 3 days cause they pay better and want to add reefer hauling to my resume lol.
Nice to meet everyone. 8)
Old 10-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Rookie

Hi to everybody......Enjoy reading the boards. I'm 53 years old & drove from '76 to '86. 9 of those years was with UPS. Forced to quit because of cancer. Began driving again in '97 to present. I have a federal vision waiver which allows me to have a CDL & drive interstate.. I have only one eye. There are no restrictions except that I can't enter Canada or Mexico or have a passenger endorsement (for bus driving). Have driven tanker since 2001. Looking to return to local now; probably dump trucking.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Rookie

Like others, I stumbled across this site looking for info on my new pete..I live north of you close to the Toyota plant in Princeton In. I run to the Northwest three weeks a month,just got married a little over a year ago so now I have a honey do list when I get home..no dogs to wake up the driver beside me trying to sleep, boy and daughter are in their thirties.That puts me in my fifties I guess :roll: I try to keep life simple and look for what can make people smile, life is much to short to be caught up in all the negitive stress in the world. My pet peave is drivers that can't back up equipted with those loud back up beepers...beep...beeep..beeeep...beeeep..over and over again.. Only a dead man can sleep thru that ops:[/code]
Old 10-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Board Regular

My name is Dale from Canyon Lake, Texas. Three kids and a wife. Same Crappy job for 10 years. I currently drive about 3000 miles a month. More than half of that is commute I have always wanted to drive a truck but never pursued it. I found this site looking for a trucking forum and well here I am. Now if I could just make up my mind as to were I want to train at Ill be alot less stressed. Thanks for a great forum.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Rookie
Default Newbie

Hi My name is Sue Just aquired my CDL still awating Mentor may go with another company for road training soon. Really can't stand just setting around. Female 45 Main hobby is Trap shooting and love driving eventually will want to team drive.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Rookie

Hi to everyone,
Found this site seeking info on trucking company comparisons. I'm 52, been self employed for the last 25 years, but I finally had to close my tv-computer shop. I have always enjoyed driving and now I am hauling freight for Schneider. Counting their Boot Camp...I have been with Schneider for 6 months. This is a great forum for exchanging and sharing information... I am finding that Fishermen have nothing on Truckers when it comes to storytelling or embelishing the truth just a little.. :lol:
Chris
Old 10-13-2006, 03:40 AM
Rookie

Hi to y'all,
New to the site just killing time in the hotel only been driving for three months for the Army its not bad they put me up in a hotel every night. But I'm on the road 3-9 month's straight. I have a new respect for truckers since getting my CDL. So far I have learned that the bridge heights in NYC lie because my truck is 13' 4" and i had to go under 12' 9" and had plenty of room. See you all out on the road but not at weigh stations I don't have to stop at them.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Rookie