User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello all. My name is Chuck I was born and raised Swansea Ma. I work for a manufacturing company delivering windows. Not to many company's that will take a rookie on and give him a local run. I found one I am home every night.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Rookie

Hi,

I'm 24, from Missouri, former resident of Ohio, and am currently engaged and thinking about becoming a driver. I'm very much what most people would call a nerd. I'm into electronics, video games, movies, comics, toys, sci fi stuff, etc. I'm really an overgrown kid. I collect all kinds of things, probably more than I really should. I basically have way too many hobbies to keep up with.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Rookie

Hola, Amigos!

My name is Jeff and I'm from San Antonio, Texas. I've been a driver for almost 11 years & have over 1.1 million miles of experience, but I'm still learning something new every day and am always glad to help a new driver out whenever I can.

I'm also a writer for OOIDA's LandLine Magazine, and have been doing articles about "do-it-yourself truck maintenance" for over a year now.

As far as hobbies go, I love the outdoors & do a lot of fishing & camping. I also own a Dodge Charger that I have restored myself. I'm an American Indian, and I enjoy Pow-Wows & other activities that pertain to my culture.

While I try to be tactful in how I express my thoughts when asked a question, I'm not always going to tell people what they want to hear. I'm a firm believer in "telling it like it is" when I speak from the wisdom gained through my own experiences.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Rookie
Default Doc Watt's

I have been a Cb Radio Tech and junkie for years! It is how I met my wife and many other interesting people! I have recently had some major health problems which is making it hard for me to work, so I decided to start my shop full time instead of just as a hobby. I look forward to meeting and working with you.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Rookie

Howdy,chris the swede here...just got my membership....

wanted to take part of your trucking culture way over there on the other side of the big blue thing... here its kinda lame,the trucks is backed down to about 50...sucks, no use trying to get busted for speeding....
Old 09-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Rookie

my name is john and i am 35 with my business of 10 years struggling i feel it is time for a career change i will be going to school on the 2nd and have been looking at companies. really want to haul flatbed for the above average hometime (still have teenage kids) and challenging work (securement)hope to talk more to y'all around here so i can avoid the bad decicions (i am a compulsive researcher)
Old 09-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Board Regular

Hi, My name is Joe and I'm an alcho....oops wrong site. :lol:

43 in CA. Married my girlfriend 17 years ago and ...she's still my girlfriend. We have a 13 year old princess and I'm tired of the Pier 39 thing. Been there, done that too many times. (My wife was on the commission that built the aquarium there.)

Since I've been married I've had a pretty cushy life and I find I need to put an edge back in my life. I need a challenge to toughen me up a little and I can't think of a better career to do this in.

I was in the mortgage industry for 12 years and got fed up. Looking to relive my youthful ways a little. I hitch hiked from W VA to CA over 20 years ago. Got a lot of rides and lumping work form truckers and now it's time for me to drive.

I love motorcycles and photography.

One of my other life's goals is to ride a motorcycle across country, revisit Schenectady, where I was raised, see some people I haven't seen in 25+ years. Go see my fathers grave in Beckley, ( I didn't go to the burial.) Visit my little bro in Morgantown, and see my step mom in Morehead NC whom I haven't seen since my dad passed away. I figured a trial run on a truck would give me a little better idea of what to expect when I do take the month off and go cross country and earn my Iron Butt certifications.

I've been thinking of a book for several years now entitled "Flip Side". The premise is, go to the wealthiest areas / famous tourist attractions and photograph the homeless and under belly of that society. I also want to make a picture book of the places I went through on my trip across I70 and I 80 en-route to CA. (I crossed about 10 times - coast to coast.) I realize in 20 years, a lot can change due to population expansions and contractions but the black top will be the same.

I want to show my daughter my story.

I'm going to test my mettle as well as push though my self imposed glass ceilings in relation to "what don't kill me, will just make me stronger." Consider the trucking industry as my "new age" way of dealing with my mid life crisis and my personal self awareness / growth program.

Some people join a yoga class or join a commune. Me, I'm gonna join the trucking industry.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:59 PM

Hi, I'm new here, just found the board the other day. I work for a trucking outfit, but I'm not a driver. I'm not on here to hound any of you about coming to work at my company...but I'm more than willing to talk to any of you about it if anyone wants to. I'm just on here to talk to yall, I've always enjoyed it...every since I had my 1st CB. Thanks! :rock:
Old 09-16-2006, 06:24 PM

My name is Guy, I go by Tillerman, Am retired from the Fire Service of 28yrs. Enjoyed the work and like my intention's to drive (both child-hood dreams) am looking forward to several more years behind the wheel. I retired early from the Dept. of the Navy (Crash/Rescue) One of my most enjoyable details was being the Tillerman on a 100' Aerial Ladder truck. So be the handle... Best of luck to all/Stay Safe

Peace

Guy
Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Rookie
Default yep, I'm new

Hi. Female from WV. Just been watching the forums for about a month to get some information on trucking.

Originally I was headed to CR England because of my situation, however a few things went sour and I decided to call someone else first.

Waiting on the Schneider recruiter now to call and do my phone interview.

so.. hi.