User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Morning.. I'm Bunny. Joined you all a few days ago and have been reading. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

TTFN
Old 06-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Rookie

My name is Ed and I live in Ohio with my fiance. I am 61 and have been in trucking for the past 32 years most of them good years. I have worked for more companies than I care to remember, not that I am a job hopper but because they either went out of business or the owner died. I have always been an OTR driver (with one stint in the city) and I still love the open road. My son is grown and lives in Georgia. I am originally from Georgia but transferred up to Ohio in July of last year to be with the one that I love. I am lucky in that my company was completely supportive of me and transferred me to one of their terminals here in Ohio. I have seen the ups and downs of the trucking industry and can tell you that it is not what it used to be (thank goodness) The equipment is much better and the pay a whole lot better. I am not going to try and convience anyone that everything is rosy, because it is not, like any industry trucking has it problems and anyone who paints you a rosy, no problems pic. of their company is lying. Every company has it good and bad points and the trick is to find the company with more good qualities than bad and I think that I have found the one that is perfect for me. I love my company and am treated fairly with good pay and benefits. I never sit in a truckstop and bad mouth my company, my philosophy is---if you can't say something positive about your company shut up and move on.

Safe trucking to you all and thanks for having me here
Old 06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Rookie

My name is Ed and I live in Ohio with my fiance. I am 61 and have been in trucking for the past 32 years most of them good years. I have worked for more companies than I care to remember, not that I am a job hopper but because they either went out of business or the owner died. I have always been an OTR driver (with one stint in the city) and I still love the open road. My son is grown and lives in Georgia. I am originally from Georgia but transferred up to Ohio in July of last year to be with the one that I love. I am lucky in that my company was completely supportive of me and transferred me to one of their terminals here in Ohio. I have seen the ups and downs of the trucking industry and can tell you that it is not what it used to be (thank goodness) The equipment is much better and the pay a whole lot better. I am not going to try and convience anyone that everything is rosy, because it is not, like any industry trucking has it problems and anyone who paints you a rosy, no problems pic. of their company is lying. Every company has it good and bad points and the trick is to find the company with more good qualities than bad and I think that I have found the one that is perfect for me. I love my company and am treated fairly with good pay and benefits. I never sit in a truckstop and bad mouth my company, my philosophy is---if you can't say something positive about your company shut up and move on.

Safe trucking to you all and thanks for having me here
Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 AM
Rookie

HI, I'm Danielle. My husband and I own a Trucking Company. Started small and have exploded into more than I think I can handle sometimes. We live in WI, and have 2 toddler boys. My husband doesn't drive as often anymore, but likes to get out once in a while. We actually bought a truck equiped to haul our family and a load, so we travel somewhere as a vacation, and make money. I came here because I'm always looking for others in the industry to talk to. Most people here in WI hate us(other company owners), we are to "young", we don't "know" what were doing, who do we think "we" are. Yet we have managed to come quite far, even though we are so "young" and "nieve". Oh, well. They just don't like the competion!! lol
Old 06-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Rookie

Well, I kind of skipped this - but I'll go ahead and post now!

Basically I've been working in the family photo business all my life (I'm 21) and doing various odd things as well. Took an EMT-I course last summer, and did that kind of stuff for awhile - but now I'm persuing one of the careers I've always wanted to give a shot - trucking.

Just enrolled at a local technical college (Ogeechee Tech) and will be starting that in about 20 days or so. Course lasts 6 weeks, and is M-Th 8-3. I have a job lined up, if I want it, with my friend working flatbeds. Not sure if I want to take that - but It's looking like I might more so. I really want to do OTR at some point, and given my age and total lack of commitment to any women, now would seem to be a good time.

I enjoy riding motorcycles, although I've been without for about a year now, and playing various sports. I am also an avid photographer and I play a good bit of video games and what not.

Well - I would say that's more than enough about me. It's been a pleasure in my dealings with you all thus far, and I hope it continues. You've been an amazing amount of help for a total rookie!

-Will
Old 06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Rookie

Hey y'all this is my second post, I didn't see this link before I posted my first post, I don't know if I just overlooked it or what, but I have pasted my actual first post here since this is a sticky post, I look forward to corrisponding with you all for many years to come

by the way my name is Jeff I'm happily married to a wonderful woman, (LPN Nurse) for almost 8 years now, seems a lot of drivers are married to nurses, I guess the internal drive we have is a common trait among Nurses also, making us good mates for each other, my wife loves her job like I love mine

we've got three kids all together, two of them are my step kids, 12 and 14 and I've got a wild child living in Corbin KY with her Mom? that is 17 going on 25 and knows everything, (anyone else relate to that?) if you don't believe her, all you gotta do is ask her...

anyway :; below is my actual first post and I put a poll to go with it,, Thanks for reading and your replies, see ya on the big road........

Hello folks, this is my first post here, I have visited this site before, it kinda looks bigger now, I don't know if it's because I've got a wide screen LCD though, I'm a frequent on truck net some of you may alread know me.

I just wanted to tip my hat and say hey to everyone of my fellow truckin' bros and sistas tho

now that I have a laptop in my truck (Toshiba Satelite) and a verizon air card, I will have more time to visit more of y'all I laid over this weekend in Brazelton GA after Delivering a quality, fresh load of produce from Salinas and San Juan Beautista to Publix in Dacula GA

I told Momma when she got me my laptop, "I'll only have to come in once a month now, to get my laundry done" :lol: (just kidding, got a good response from her tho)

I had plenty of time over the weekend to start a blog and it is at http://360.yahoo.com/southeastdriver if you want to check it out, leave me a reply, I like to read from other drivers...

anyways I guess a lot of us are moving into the digital hi-tech thang now and several are getting laptops to enjoy when away from the hosienda, I wanted to inquire as to how many of you have a laptop in your trucks?

what do you use to mount your laptop? what are some of your favorite programs?

<<<<<<<<<<<Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>

as always, I appreciate your replies, and y'all have a good one!

o'yea by the way, I'm sitting in Suawanee GA at Schwans Bakery loadin one to MO if anyone else is here, be sure to say hey, see yuns...

p.s. good deal admin on the spell check program, as you may tell, i haven't logged into it yet, but i will be taking advantage of this, I took english for three extra summers in high school and still don't have the hang of proper grammer or spelling, but i sure can drive.... ha
Old 06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Rookie
Default Woops almost forgot my Subject: My First and second post

Hey y'all this is my second post, I didn't see this link before I posted my first post, I don't know if I just overlooked it or what, but I have pasted my actual first post here since this is a sticky post, I look forward to corrisponding with you all for many years to come

by the way my name is Jeff I'm happily married to a wonderful woman, (LPN Nurse) for almost 8 years now, seems a lot of drivers are married to nurses, I guess the internal drive we have is a common trait among Nurses also, making us good mates for each other, my wife loves her job like I love mine

we've got three kids all together, two of them are my step kids, 12 and 14 and I've got a wild child living in Corbin KY with her Mom? that is 17 going on 25 and knows everything, (anyone else relate to that?) if you don't believe her, all you gotta do is ask her...

anyway :; below is my actual first post and I put a poll to go with it,, Thanks for reading and your replies, see ya on the big road........

Hello folks, this is my first post here, I have visited this site before, it kinda looks bigger now, I don't know if it's because I've got a wide screen LCD though, I'm a frequent on truck net some of you may alread know me.

I just wanted to tip my hat and say hey to everyone of my fellow truckin' bros and sistas tho

now that I have a laptop in my truck (Toshiba Satelite) and a verizon air card, I will have more time to visit more of y'all I laid over this weekend in Brazelton GA after Delivering a quality, fresh load of produce from Salinas and San Juan Beautista to Publix in Dacula GA

I told Momma when she got me my laptop, "I'll only have to come in once a month now, to get my laundry done" :lol: (just kidding, got a good response from her tho)

I had plenty of time over the weekend to start a blog and it is at http://360.yahoo.com/southeastdriver if you want to check it out, leave me a reply, I like to read from other drivers...

anyways I guess a lot of us are moving into the digital hi-tech thang now and several are getting laptops to enjoy when away from the hosienda, I wanted to inquire as to how many of you have a laptop in your trucks?

what do you use to mount your laptop? what are some of your favorite programs?

<<<<<<<<<<<Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>

as always, I appreciate your replies, and y'all have a good one!

o'yea by the way, I'm sitting in Suawanee GA at Schwans Bakery loadin one to MO if anyone else is here, be sure to say hey, see yuns...

p.s. good deal admin on the spell check program, as you may tell, i haven't logged into it yet, but i will be taking advantage of this, I took english for three extra summers in high school and still don't have the hang of proper grammer or spelling, but i sure can drive.... ha
Old 06-29-2006, 03:43 AM
Rookie

Hey y'all I'm Nancy. Just happened on y'all site liked it, Soho here I am. I've been married to my husband for 31 years. He's retired Navy[ wow men in uniforms] sorry got side tracked. Oh yeah. We have three kids,26, and 33 yr old twins. Got four min pins, one chihuahua, one Retriever, 20 chickens, oh yes two parakeets. Two sisters too. WE were a team back in 1985. I got the road to raise our adopted children. I loved it. Free travel to see our Great U. S. of A. I support my husband and trust him out the road. Him and all of our trucking Bros and Sisters are in my prayers. I'm into making ceramics, doing emails, crosswords, and of course our four year old grandson. Love of our lives. Also Larry my love. I would love to chat to anyone who wants to chat. Thanks Nancy
Old 06-29-2006, 03:50 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

before I even looked at your avatar i read your post and your Ya'll and knew you were from Texas :P
welcome to the Zoo
Old 07-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Rookie
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Hello

My name is Mitch
I am new to here.
Married, three children.
New career, starting school on the 17th Hope I Pass!