User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I may be sorry I ask this, but...

for all of you that seem to :bow: Obama. May I ask just what goes through your mind when you hear him say things like: " I want to spread the wealth around"... " I want to raise the taxes on the rich that make ( earn ) too much and give more to those that don't because it is the fair thing to do"???

You know they have a word for that..... come on, you can say it.

Let me ask each and everyone of you this: If your boss/company came up to you and said;" We have been looking at things and there seems to be a big gap in the pay of people working in our department. Some seem to be working a lot of OT and others are just working 40 hrs. Those just working 40 hrs. have other things to take care of like small children and such and can't work OT like some of the others get to. It is not fair that they cannot bring home as much as you do. Therefore; starting this week we will take the total payroll and divide it evenly among all the employees.

Would you yell BS and quit??? Stop working any OT??? You you stand up and say;" My time is MY property and I have a right to be paid for it. I'm the one out there busting my a$$ trying to get ahead and buy my own truck!"

All the small shit aside about Obama. If this doesn't scare the crap out of you then nothing will.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Unhappy

Ridge I also heard on one of the radio programs I listen to regular that the Democrats, if elected, are going to take over your 401K administration, like add it to your Social Security. Now I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it's my understanding that your 401K is roughly equivalent to our Registered Retirement Savings Plans, kind of a self funded self administered tax deductible thing that you don't pay taxes on till you withdraw...is that it in a nutshell?

God Lord if your government screwed up the federal pension plan as bad as our liberal government screwed up ours, can you IMAGINE how badly they'd screw that up? From what I heard on this program was that once that happened you would only be able to invest in government bonds? And don't those pay almost no interest? What would happen then?

And on a lighter note one of the callers to the above mentioned program said he made an experiment on Obama's spreading the wealth... It went something like this...

He had a meal in a fancy restaurant in Florida I think it was, & when it came time to pay the bill he noticed the man was wearing an Obama button hehehe, so he went outside & gave the homeless man he saw on the corner the $10 we was going to tip the waiter, explaining that he likely needed it more than the waiter, the homeless man was thankful. He then went back inside & explained to the waiter that he was doing as Obama said & spreading the wealth around, he explained that the homeless man needed the money more than the waiter so he gave it to the homeless man instead. Apparently the waiter was NOT pleased to have the money HE earned just taken & GIVEN to someone who did not earn it! I thought it was PRICELESS!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"

Last edited by wildkat; 10-24-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Warren Buffet's tax rate is lower than his secretary. This is fair?

Thru careful financial planning and a skilled CPA, I paid absolutely ZERO taxes last year. As a matter of fact I got a check from Uncle Sam as part of the economic stimulus package. How much does the average company driver pay? This is fair?

Your Overtime story might be entertaining but it is no way related to the tax situation and you know it AND Obama wants to lower the taxes for all of the people in your story.(I doubt anyone who gets OT is making over 250k)

How about your personal savior McSame and Failin. Don't they scare you? McSame wants to stay in Iraq for 10 to 100 years. How many more Americans are going to have to die in this war over...wait what was it for? Are we going to reinstate the draft? How much bigger is our debt going to get? How much more of our money is China going to be in control of? Thinks RAISING YOUR TAXES is a good idea. If that does not scare you I don't know what will.

Perhaps Failin as VP would. Totally lacks substance and depth. Zero Press conferences. She is not even clear of what the Bush Doctrine is. Can't name a paper she reads. Said the Bailout package is supporting Health Care and Job Creation? Thinks the VP runs Congress. And claims Couric is a "gotcha" journalist just because SHE has no idea what the answers are. She thinks parts of America are pro american and others are anti american(like for instance her involvement with the Alaska independence party) Is a mayor and governor qualified for the job, sure, Just not this one. She is a dolt and a cancer on the republican party. If that does not scare you I don't know what will. Why do I care about her, because McCain is a 72 year old man. It's not a gamble I would take.

Personally I want habeas corpus back and I want our brave men and women home ASAP. I also believe that people should not be using the ER as a routine treatment clinic and that nobody should die from treatable illnesses. I think we should talk to foreign leaders regardless of our opinion of them. Simply posturing and yelling will do nothing, we can at least try to talk to them.

Last edited by marylandkw; 10-24-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Why is it that when liberals do not agree with someone they just simply cannot disagree & have a rational discussion, but have to resort to name calling & personal bashing... I could NEVER figure that one out! Would someone PLEASE explain that concept? Maybe I'm just plain stupid...but I just don't get that at all.

But then I am a conservative woman, who is successful business person, happily married, with a supportive family. Liberals hate women like me the most. Thank God I live in Alberta! Conservative women are PRAISED, RESPECTED & DESIRED here! Thankfully in my neck of the woods liberals are on the "endangered species" list....Hmm no wonder we are the ONLY province in Canada with ZERO debt, no sales tax, almost no provincial income tax, the lowest property taxes in the country...I wonder if having a conservative provincial government for the last 100 years had anything to do with that?

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 10-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
Why is it that when liberals do not agree with someone they just simply cannot disagree & have a rational discussion, but have to resort to name calling & personal bashing... I could NEVER figure that one out! Would someone PLEASE explain that concept? Maybe I'm just plain stupid...but I just don't get that at all.

Oh really? take a look at all the other threads on this subject,many more "name calling" instances are about Obama than the others.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Read his post mike...Did Ridge or me used derogatory names? Did either of us? Not that I saw....I am NOT referring to other posts. Soon as a liberal posted anything he resorted to name calling right off the bat. Pretty childish...

:roll::roll::roll:

Old 10-24-2008, 03:55 AM

Ill be brief and and ill keep it simple.
If you want the economy to get worse (recession --depression) vote McCain/Palin
If you make enough money and dont mind paying higher taxes vote McCain/Palin
If you dont mind americans dying in a war that America cannot win (my son is a decorated Iraq war vet)
vote McCain/Palin
If you dont mind having your home forclosed vote McCain/Palin
Have you checked your 401K lately I have and ive lost $5000.00 but if yours is big enough that you can afford to give some money back vote McCain/Palin
If you have kids that will be happy working the fry station at burger king instead of going to college vote
McCain/Palin
If your ok with open borders and letting illegel aliens take american jobs but still keep their illegel alien status vote McCain/Palin
If your ok with the super rich paying less taxes than you vote McCain/Palin
If you can look at the situation in America today and say to yourself wow the republicans have done a dam good job vote McCain/Palin
If you have seen Palin speak and said to yourself " i know John McCain is 72 but if something happens to him i think wee will be in good hands with Palin vote McCain/Palin

I dont know if Barak Obama is going to make a good president or not but on most of the issues he is going to try to help YOU. If you watched the debates or have seen him speak he gives you solid answers and as far as i have seen has not tryed to blow smoke up your arse. McCain on the other hand does not give direct answers to question he answers from the republican hand book.

He made a bad choice for his running mate she is unqualified , the only reason she is in the position shes in is because shes a woman(thats not a slam on women theres qualified women out there but shes not one of them) If McCain had picked a qualified woman he would have sealed the deal for himself but he chose the govenor of Alaska. That qualifies her to make ice not be the VP.
I dont want to keep losing money.
I want to keep my home.
I want to have some security when and if i retire.
I dont want to pay more taxes than some who make 1000 times the money i make.
I dont want my son recalled to a war so maybe next time he will die.

On election day I will vote Obama.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Last edited by bjs24; 10-24-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Here is a HISTORY lesson thed last President that RASIED TAXES ON BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS SURING A RECESSION WAS HEBERT HOOVER . What happened next Lets see here we only ended up with the GREAT DEPRESSION those that do not learn from history are DOOMED TO REPEAT IT.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw View Post
Warren Buffet's tax rate is lower than his secretary. This is fair?

Thru careful financial planning and a skilled CPA, I paid absolutely ZERO taxes last year. As a matter of fact I got a check from Uncle Sam as part of the economic stimulus package. How much does the average company driver pay? This is fair?

Your Overtime story might be entertaining but it is no way related to the tax situation and you know it AND Obama wants to lower the taxes for all of the people in your story.(I doubt anyone who gets OT is making over 250k)

How about your personal savior McSame and Failin. Don't they scare you? McSame wants to stay in Iraq for 10 to 100 years. How many more Americans are going to have to die in this war over...wait what was it for? Are we going to reinstate the draft? How much bigger is our debt going to get? How much more of our money is China going to be in control of? Thinks RAISING YOUR TAXES is a good idea. If that does not scare you I don't know what will.

Perhaps Failin as VP would. Totally lacks substance and depth. Zero Press conferences. She is not even clear of what the Bush Doctrine is. Can't name a paper she reads. Said the Bailout package is supporting Health Care and Job Creation? Thinks the VP runs Congress. And claims Couric is a "gotcha" journalist just because SHE has no idea what the answers are. She thinks parts of America are pro american and others are anti american(like for instance her involvement with the Alaska independence party) Is a mayor and governor qualified for the job, sure, Just not this one. She is a dolt and a cancer on the republican party. If that does not scare you I don't know what will. Why do I care about her, because McCain is a 72 year old man. It's not a gamble I would take.

Personally I want habeas corpus back and I want our brave men and women home ASAP. I also believe that people should not be using the ER as a routine treatment clinic and that nobody should die from treatable illnesses. I think we should talk to foreign leaders regardless of our opinion of them. Simply posturing and yelling will do nothing, we can at least try to talk to them.
All you do is regurgitate Hussein's worthless talking points and the baseless smear campaign that his goons have created.

Why not do like Ridge and do a little thinking for yourself. Mmmkay?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
Read his post mike...Did Ridge or me used derogatory names? Did either of us? Not that I saw....I am NOT referring to other posts. Soon as a liberal posted anything he resorted to name calling right off the bat. Pretty childish...

:roll::roll::roll:
Ridge called him a communist and accused liberals of "worship". My post was posted seconds after yours and had nothing to do with your post. Ridge Runner is a big boy and can defend himself and frankly I don't take anything someone from another country has to say about my elections. And really McSame and Failin? Bad Names...PLEASE...Childish? You seriously need to check out the JUNK posts I have put up with and attempted to debate on this board before you attempt to call me childish.

Where was your outrage when GMAN calls Obama Names? How about when IronEagle2006 or all the others? O wait you agree with them so it is OK?