User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
What are they saying for around Texarkana and such? I'm heading for Laredo for a Wednesday morning delivery. Planning on taking I-40 west to I-35 south.
There is the current shot of the projections.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...?5day#contents

If I was gonna be down this way on tuesday, from up there where you are...I would eat the miles and stay on I-30 to Dallas. Talk with your dispatch..they may pay you to skirt around the storm path if you need to.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Senior Board Member

I "should" be ok from the looks of it. I plan on being in Laredo before 5pm eastern on Tuesday. Looks like I might fight it coming back north/east though.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Board Regular

Latest report is this hurricane is just short of a category 5, so DON"T MESS AROUND if you are in the area it will hit. Get out, Get out!!

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 08-31-2008, 01:20 AM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

I can't get through to my family in NOLA! Are the cell towers shut down for emergency use?!?! I nearly lost them once before...I want to get them down here!!!

Humphry Davy
Old 08-31-2008, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMoose
I can't get through to my family in NOLA! Are the cell towers shut down for emergency use?!?! I nearly lost them once before...I want to get them down here!!!
The towers may be in emergency use only...or everyone else in the country is trying to call out.... Hopefully your family is already on the move headed north out of there... Best of luck to you!! and your family!!!

I live in SW FL...right where Charley came ashore....been through a few of them...not fun.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
hell, i'd be out there windsurfing! hurricanes are NOTHING to ME! i'm still a young age of 25. i am invincible!
Yah, like the dude that did that with a wing chute during Fay....got bounced off the beach like rubber ball, then back up into the air....and crashed into the side of a hotel....he probably thought he was "invincible" too.... If he survives all the broken bones and internal injuries...he will probably have more metal in his body than the 6 million dollar man.....

Some idiots I know stayed in Punta Gorda when Charley came ashore as a 4, and got the crap scared out of them....they saw stuff flying through the air that never should have gotten "airborne"..... Its not the wind that gets you....its all the :dung: in the wind that gets you..... :shock:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
hell, i'd be out there windsurfing! hurricanes are NOTHING to ME! i'm still a young age of 25. i am invincible!
Yah, like the dude that did that with a wing chute during Fay....got bounced off the beach like rubber ball, then back up into the air....and crashed into the side of a hotel....he probably thought he was "invincible" too.... If he survives all the broken bones and internal injuries...he will probably have more metal in his body than the 6 million dollar man.....

Some idiots I know stayed in Punta Gorda when Charley came ashore as a 4, and got the crap scared out of them....they saw stuff flying through the air that never should have gotten "airborne"..... Its not the wind that gets you....its all the :dung: in the wind that gets you..... :shock:

It's still looking good for a Port of Fourchon land fall! That means I be in good shape! I will continue to talk with my good friend, and hope he sees things my way....Otherwise I know this chick the otherside of downtown..She is BIGTIME into the "VooDoo" medicine!! :P :P :P

Rob...where is your barge camped out at?? Below Tampa you say?? :wink:
Old 08-31-2008, 03:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Syncrosonix wrote:

You may think you are ( invincible ) but please don't make those of us who aren't ( rescue workers ) risk our lives when you find out your not.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
Syncrosonix wrote:

You may think you are ( invincible ) but please don't make those of us who aren't ( rescue workers ) risk our lives when you find out your not.

So ..Squire Ridge of Runner...are you loaded up and ready for bear??
Old 08-31-2008, 03:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
Syncrosonix wrote:

my only weakness is a hot brunette with green or blue eyes. ladies with jet black hair seem to have the same effect on me, too. then there are the red-heads. the ones with green eyes really get me going. going so much that i cannot think straight!