User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Remember 9/11 Six Years Ago

:cry: It was six years ago today that the world as we know it was changed forever. Whatever you're doing today, wherever you're going guys and gals hug someone you love and say a prayer in remembrance of those who were lost on that terrible day. :cry:
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Old 09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Board Icon

Had a Buddy who was a Lt. in the Army and his office took a direct hit at the Pentagon.
RIP Kip

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/kptaylor.htm
Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Senior Board Member

May we never forget the lives lost and the sacrifices made on that day. The World Trade Center, the Pentagon and Flight 93 will forever be etched in my memory. And the sacrifices made by our military since, shall never be forgotten.

We must all remain vigilent and be prepared for what is to come, the battle is far from being over, and the cost of failure is so great, it is hard to fathom.

Stay safe my fellow truckers!

The Horseman
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 09-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Senior Board Member

So what are WE prepared to do when it happens AGAIN...?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2036
So what are WE prepared to do when it happens AGAIN...?
If you are truly a Former Marine, that that is a queston you should not need to ask! Semper Fi
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 09-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Senior Board Member

And if you need to question, you know nothing about it. My point is this, are we any safer? Let's not dilute ourselves and tarnish the memories of the 9-11 victims by believing that this cannot and will not happen again. I just do not think we have done enough to protect this country. Our borders are open sieves and (I live a stone's throw from Mexico) it is possible those that would do us harm have crossed years ago. Again , what are YOU prepared to do? Build more memorials...? Semper Fi indeed...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Board Icon

This is ONE time (and one time ONLY) that I will not bitch about an oversized picture! :lol:

I MISS those buildings! But, I am not so naive as to believe that "all was well" (or safe) in America while they were yet standing.

I mourn for the loss of life on that day. But, not MORE than I mourn for the loss of life SINCE that day!

Mostly, I mourn for the loss of the IMAGE of America since that day. First, because the World thought we were "invincible."

Secondly, because the World thought we were JUDICIAL. (That means fair and balanced to you Republicans!)

A ragtag band of terrorists, not unlike those we'd dealt with for decades, pulled off a "coup" on American soil. NOT a state sponsored military force like the Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor, nor the Fascist government of Germany who incessantly bombed our Ally, Great Britain.

At FIRST, ouir "great leader" Dubya, VOWED to "get Bin Laden Dead or Alive," and to attack any government or country that harbored such terrorists!

But, when THAT proved a bit "difficult," he at first "settled" for liberating the women of Afghanistan from Religious persecution, and deposed a 5th World "demi-government" of Taliban.

[To DATE, he still supports the corrupt government of Pakistan, wherein UBL has "tacit" Safe Haven!]

Then, he committed the SMALLEST force EVER committed by America to a "World Wide War on Terrorism" and attacked Iraq with "Shock and Awe!"

Vacillating with public opinion, and faulty/manipulated intelligence, he claimed first ONE and then ANOTHER reason for his actions. He stood on the deck of an American Warship, and disgraced their sacrifice by saying "Mission Accomplished" for a PHOTO OP!!

THEN.... he MET, and LEARNED, the reality of the chaos he had STARTED!

CONVINCED he is "RIGHT," but unwilling to tarnish his allready abysmal "legacy," he refuses to re-institute the DRAFT to provide enough forces to FIGHT such a "World War" on Terrorism, choosing instead to rely on the "All Volunteer Military" (While flaunting the Laws of Congress concerning deployment times and uses of the National Guard.... leaving our STATES without the resources they NEED!!

I'm not blaming Dubya for what happened on 9/11. I don't even blame him for finishing his story to the children once he was told. NOR do I blame him for not going directly to Washington, as THIS is the military plan for such cases!

I blame him for EVERYTHING he's done, and EVERY decision he's made SINCE that fatefull day! He has NOT responded in the way THIS American thought was "right!" It was NOT "historically" supported, NOR was it militarily advised!

It was NOT as simple as making a TYPO on a message board! It has cost thousands of lives, and is leading America in the WRONG direction vis a vis the World community.... and especially concerning the more "moderate" Muslim population of the world!

And I could ALMOST forgive his ignorance and incompetence concerning how to fight a WAR (since HE took the "Daddy's way out" of Vietnam,) IF he didn't compound the problem by doing EVERYTHING he could to OPEN our borders to illegal immigration (which "allows" a pathway for terrorists to enter the country carrying not only a backpack full of explosives, but perhaps a TRUCKLOAD!!) :roll:

There WILL be another attack on American soil, sadly to say. And when it comes, it will be obvious to ALL as to how it happened! (Well... maybe not ALL!) But, it should put an END to anyone blaming it on Clinton!! :roll:

I'd thought we had LEARNED by now (via Vietnam) that you cannot IMPOSE a form of government on another country through FORCE! But, under the current administration, we seem hell bent to repeat the mistakes of history!

Yes.... I MISS those buildings! And I mourn the loss of lives that day! But, mostly.... I miss the days BEFORE that day, when America was seen as a bright shining star in the World! I miss being the benefactor of the World, instead of the OPPRESSOR! I miss the days when we were more concerned about our OWN workers and citizens, then we were about propping up "ineffective" governments in foreign lands! We've got enough problems with THAT in our OWN country!!!

I miss the America I was born in! I miss the America I loved and TRUSTED!! I don't even RECOGNIZE the America I now LIVE in! And I don't recognize, nor support, the administration that now "controls" it (notice I didn't say "leads it.")

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Senior Board Member

That was deep and from the heart Hobo, Though I agree with almost everything you say, the Only thing I add is We could have done more for justice. It mightav start WW3, but we will get there anyway, and then again maybe this sleeping giant could've went back to sleep.

Now I {HOPE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0wFaqi54aE
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart