User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default TV Commercials

There are a couple of commercials that I've seen, and I cant help but laugh.

One of them is an AT&T commercial. It's about text messages. The family is sitting in the living room, and everyone speaks in text message abbreviations. The grandmother cracks me up! The mother said something to the grandmother. The grandmother said, "MYOB will ya?" (mind your own business) Grandmother is sitting there, sending text messages. It cracks me up everytime I see it.

I saw another one today. A teenage girl walks into her house. The dog is sitting there, looking at her, and he is tilting his head. She has a look on her face, as if she is wondering why the dog is looking at her the way he is. All of a sudden, he says, "I dont like it when you smoke weed. You arent the same. You shouldnt be smoking weed"...etc I know it's not funny, because it's a drug awareness commercial, but it's kinda ironic, as if she may be hallucinating. :P The look on her face cracks me up.
Yall seen those commercials?

They are stupid, but I like the Jack Link's beef jerky commercials, with the bigfoot, and the 3 guys.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Board Icon

I like the Jack Link's, dislike the AT&T one's. My wife does that same crap of abbreviating everything when she talks to me. If she wasn't my wife I'd punch her in the nose. Instead I make it a pain for her by asking "What?" several times and then acting as if she never said anything and changing the subject to something else if she keeps it up or I just ignore her.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
I like the Jack Link's, dislike the AT&T one's. My wife does that same crap of abbreviating everything when she talks to me. If she wasn't my wife I'd punch her in the nose. Instead I make it a pain for her by asking "What?" several times and then acting as if she never said anything and changing the subject to something else if she keeps it up or I just ignore her.

maybe you should just keep saying shutup stupid , tell her if she is going to use chat talk, you are going to use trucker talk
if you decide to try it, dont forget to let us know where you are staying
Old 09-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member

As far as those weed commercials, my favorite is the animated stick figure one. As far as the text messaging one, It is funny in a way, and in reality most of the kids today thats how they really talk! Although I have yet to see anyone over 50 even know how to send to a text message :P