View Poll Results: Do you think a company that uses recruiters would fail if they didn't have one?
Yes 11 61.11%
No 2 11.11%
I don't know 0 0%
I don't care 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Lets say I have over 100 recruiters, making around 35K per year to keep me with drivers.
Damn Cluggy, you are cheap. Why would you pay your recruiters so little? You sure wouldnt get quality recruiters like me for so little pay. I sure couldnt recruit for "Cluggy Transportation" for anything less than 6 figures.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Again cluggy, you are monday morning quarterbacking. If you truly knew a better way to run a trucking company, YOU WOULD BE RUNNING A TRUCKING COMPANY.
Well, all I got to say is this....If my turnover rate is 120%, then I don't know jack$hit about running a trucking company....wouldn't you agree? :wink:

Quote:
Damn Cluggy, you are cheap. Why would you pay your recruiters so little? You sure wouldnt get quality recruiters like me for so little pay. I sure couldnt recruit for "Cluggy Transportation" for anything less than 6 figures.
Well, again, I didn't know what a recruiter makes....so I just grabbed a number that I thought wouldn't be overpaying for that job. And please try to remember...IT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE. Now, if you have a more realistic number, please let me know. Thanks. :wink:

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

turnover is not just a company problem. it is a drivers problem. when we job hope for a few cents here and there it creates these numbers. also how often do you hear of the guy that quit because he knew everything that the company president did not know. but as in Cluggy it is always someone elses fault, not his...ain't that right Sheepdancer??
Old 08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
turnover is not just a company problem. it is a drivers problem. when we job hope for a few cents here and there it creates these numbers. also how often do you hear of the guy that quit because he knew everything that the company president did not know. but as in Cluggy it is always someone elses fault, not his...ain't that right Sheepdancer??
Not a company problem? My company had a total of 3 people quit last year, and I went back. One quit because he moved out to Tyler, TX, the other quit for his own reason. We have around 12 drivers now. That makes 25% turnover if you count me quitting and being rehired.

Other companies have far less that 120%....some have less than 50%. But I guess it's not the company, it's the driver.

So using that reasoning, why don't you go work for CRE, and do well there? Afterall, if the company is NOT the problem, then it must be the drivers, right?

And that goes for all of you stupid a$$ drivers who want to come here and blame drivers. Go work for CR England if you think that way...after all, it's not the company who will screw you, it just yourself, right?

Stop trying to blame the driver, Jacka$$, if you don't beleive it yourself.

'

Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Senior Board Member

I have a buddy who owns one truck for his manufacturing company. He has one driver who has been there about 10 years. That driver doesnt gets no benefits and isnt paid well at all. Personally, I dont know why that driver stays there. But I guess my buddy can brag he has a 0% turnover rate for 10 years. Does that make that driving job great?
Or another example. Recently we aquired a good dedicated customer. The company that had it before us was a really small company. Most of their drivers ran that account. We took over that account and pretty much recruited all their drivers to come drive the account for us. Think what it did to that trucking companies turnover rate? Its pretty dang high now. Does that mean that job was a bad job?
Look at those praxair jobs Im hiring for now. Those are great jobs, praxair has a very low turnover rate....yet they still need us to recruit for them.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I have a buddy who owns one truck for his manufacturing company. He has one driver who has been there about 10 years. That driver doesnt gets no benefits and isnt paid well at all. Personally, I dont know why that driver stays there. But I guess my buddy can brag he has a 0% turnover rate for 10 years. Does that make that driving job great?
Or another example. Recently we aquired a good dedicated customer. The company that had it before us was a really small company. Most of their drivers ran that account. We took over that account and pretty much recruited all their drivers to come drive the account for us. Think what it did to that trucking companies turnover rate? Its pretty dang high now. Does that mean that job was a bad job?
Look at those praxair jobs Im hiring for now. Those are great jobs, praxair has a very low turnover rate....yet they still need us to recruit for them.
I think you just proved my point. Drivers are looking for the best opportunity they can get, just like everybody else. If company B have more for the driver than company A, drivers are going to company B. Is that the driver fault, or company A?

It is ridiculous to come here and say that the turnover rate is all on the driver, and not the company. I will concede, however, that some drivers will job hop. But not all. Some drivers are terminated, and probably for cause.

But most are looking for that greener field. And if your company's "field" is turning a little brown, the company has two choices. Either add a little water to the grass (try to keep their drivers), or just go buy some more seed (just hire more drivers). In my mind, even thought buying the seed might be a little cheaper, sometimes just getting the grass green again is the better way to go. Either way, you might have to add a lot of fertilizer. :lol:

But then again, what do I know? :wink:

'

Old 08-27-2007, 09:36 PM

i think i struck a nerve. damn cluggy, did something i say hit close to home? you know almost as much as someone told you. i also see that when someone makes a valid point against you and your kind you tend to start cussing them out, what are you 10 years old. you couldn't handle it at JB so you took your ball and went home. but as you say that was jB's fault and sheepdancer's, not you at all. I mean you could not have went at talked to people to work out the problems and come to some agreement that would benefit everybody. but i also know your type, you do not care to benefit the company, just yourself. why don't you cry some more about how terrible JB Hunt is, you know, start some threads about it, so everyone can see what a dummy you are. oh yeah, be sure to use big words that are well beyond your understanding...that always makes you look smarter.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Senior Board Member

I guess I just to see it from a different point of view cluggy. You hear about truck drivers doing bad at companies on the CB and message boards and take their word for it. I on the other hand can find out what really went wrong. Again, Im not saying that any company is perfect. But quite a few times, Ive had drivers Ive hired call me back and complain about something. They sound like they are being honest, so I do a little research for them. After speaking with people all over corporate about the driver and almost always find out that the what the driver is complaining about is their fault. Basically it comes down to this, if your FM isnt giving you the miles, for some reason he doesnt think you can handle the miles. Sometimes its because of a bad attitude. Ive never been a Fleet manager and I dont know how a lot of things work over there in that dept. However, I can tell you that if I was a fleet manager and I had a driver with a bad attitude, he wouldnt be the guy I would be giving the most miles to. If I had a guy who was late for delivery quite often, I wouldnt be giving him the most miles either. If those drivers got mad and quit, oh well...Im sure I wouldnt be losing any sleep over that either. IN ANY JOB, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING.
Now cluggy, I dont know what your story was over here, but if your attitude then was anything like the attitude on these boards.....I think we all know why you didnt get the miles over here.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
i think i struck a nerve. damn cluggy, did something i say hit close to home? you know almost as much as someone told you. i also see that when someone makes a valid point against you and your kind you tend to start cussing them out, what are you 10 years old. you couldn't handle it at JB so you took your ball and went home. but as you say that was jB's fault and sheepdancer's, not you at all. I mean you could not have went at talked to people to work out the problems and come to some agreement that would benefit everybody. but i also know your type, you do not care to benefit the company, just yourself. why don't you cry some more about how terrible JB Hunt is, you know, start some threads about it, so everyone can see what a dummy you are. oh yeah, be sure to use big words that are well beyond your understanding...that always makes you look smarter.
Last time I'm going to respond to your comments. Then I'm ignoring you.

The first person who even brought up JB was NOT ME. I had a question, and like always, some jackass always assumes it's about JB.

Let it go. Not every post is about JB, or my time there.

'

Old 08-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I guess I just to see it from a different point of view cluggy. You hear about truck drivers doing bad at companies on the CB and message boards and take their word for it. I on the other hand can find out what really went wrong. Again, Im not saying that any company is perfect. But quite a few times, Ive had drivers Ive hired call me back and complain about something. They sound like they are being honest, so I do a little research for them. After speaking with people all over corporate about the driver and almost always find out that the what the driver is complaining about is their fault. Basically it comes down to this, if your FM isnt giving you the miles, for some reason he doesnt think you can handle the miles. Sometimes its because of a bad attitude. Ive never been a Fleet manager and I dont know how a lot of things work over there in that dept. However, I can tell you that if I was a fleet manager and I had a driver with a bad attitude, he wouldnt be the guy I would be giving the most miles to. If I had a guy who was late for delivery quite often, I wouldnt be giving him the most miles either. If those drivers got mad and quit, oh well...Im sure I wouldnt be losing any sleep over that either. IN ANY JOB, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING.
Now cluggy, I dont know what your story was over here, but if your attitude then was anything like the attitude on these boards.....I think we all know why you didnt get the miles over here.
I don't know why you would consider my time with JB as a factor to what the recruiters present role within a company is.

But since we are talking about JB, I ask this. Which is better? JB Hunt or CR England? 99% of all drivers, including myself, would say JB. Now, is it the drivers who make it better, or the company, and it's policies? Again, 99% of the drivers would state the company, with it's policies.

What does that have to do with me, other than me asking the question? Nothing. I didn't make the companies, and even thought I had a bad time at JB, it doesn't effect how the company is ran. I can only assume that more drivers don't like CRE rather than JB. This is based on how the company treats it's drivers, according to the opinions on this board. Now, is that the drivers fault? I don't think so. If it was, than the same could be told to drivers who have had a bad experience at CRE.

Now, if CRE didn't have any recruiters, could it survive? No, not in it present state. Major changes would have to occur, as I'm sure you would agree. Or am I wrong? :wink:

'