User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Golfhobo is sooooo full of it on this issue. Typical though. You hear snippets "all the time" on the news (thats BS by the way)and therefor are an expert on what Rush Limbaugh stands for and all of his listeners are racists and bigots? Please! This is so intellectually dishonest as to be laughable.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Senior Board Member

I wonder how much lower Rushs ratings would be if it werent for all the liberals listening to him all day just waiting for him to say something "terrible" so they have something to whine about.
As far as the "magic negro" thing. I havent heard it. I did read the LA Times article written by a black journalist which called Obama the "magic negro". Also I do know the term Magic Negro was coined by Spike Lee.
People need to lighten up, Rush wasnt being racist, it was a parody making fun of what the LA Times reporter wrote and the term Spike Lee created.
Also I would like to think all of Rushs loyal liberal listeners who occasionally fill us in what was on his show. Being that Im a Conservative and work everyday, I dont have time to listen.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Senior Board Member

I happened to have been in a truck without my XM and caught the show the day all of this started..the only AM station that carries anything but Mexican music out in the boonies on Hwy 70 between Lone Grove and Randlett, OK is WBAP 820 and they are about all there is. This day's show was obviously before the parody song was written so I have not heard the song.

Rush read the LA Times OP ED and within minutes, the leftists started calling crying about what "RUSH said". They did not care that the article which was being read from was from a liberal newspaper and liberal writer (race baiter). Rush basically used the term and stated without a doubt that in a given period of time, the story would come out that HE was responsible for the whole title and that he'd be blamed.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
happened to have been in a truck without my XM
Quick subject change......man I hate when I forget to bring my XM with me and I have to listen to that primative terrestial radio stuff like Im some sort of caveman. Just ruins my day
Old 04-30-2007, 08:59 PM

golfhobo wrote:
Quote:
And, to bolster his viewpoint, and gain support, he makes fun of, and ridicules Democrats for, "accepting" as equal citizens the Blacks in this country!

There may be enough in that statement to lose a lawsuit for slander. At least it was in past periods of our history where spreading easily verifiable lies was not considered "free speech".
Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
happened to have been in a truck without my XM
Quick subject change......man I hate when I forget to bring my XM with me and I have to listen to that primative terrestial radio stuff like Im some sort of caveman. Just ruins my day
Yeah, I left mine in one truck, and then had to go out and train another driver in yet another truck..
Old 05-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
I read the article, and tho I haven't heard the parody (since I NEVER listen to Rush,) I'm quite SURE it is not "quoting the article."
How can you be SURE? The term "Magic Negro" was used by the liberal (and black) author of the Times article. It was not a phrase coined by Rush. Seems to me then, his use of it quotes the writers use of it.

Quote:
I'm not saying Rush was clever enough to have composed it, but his playing it was certainly an editorial decision which clearly shows HIS bias, not only against blacks in general, but also against ANY Democratic hopeful.
Of course he would have a bias against any democratic hopeful, but a bias against blacks? He employs at least one black person on his radio show in a position of importance.

Quote:
The Times didn't "coin" the phrase. Neither did the author himself (who is biased against his own kind.) He clearly stated (although he based it on something he read in Wikipedia, which is NOT a true and unbiased source,) that the phrase was:

The parody itself, although not rising to the level of "hate speech," is clearly racial, and the fact that Rush finds it humorous and plays it on his show (over public airwaves) is absolutely NO different than what Imus did, and clearly shows not only his Conservative bias, but also his racial bias. Anyone who defends him over it, has done the same.
Oh please, get off of your high horse. As one who has read the original Times article (and many articles about the original article) and heard the parody song (which you admit to not having heard, yet you know what the motives behind it were), I don't see how the humor of the song regards race as much as it does to the hypocrisy of the left.

The author of the Times article uses the term, nobody says a word. Rush uses the term, and holy hell breaks loose. Why the difference? Likely because the writer is himself black (and as such cannot be racist, according to the left) and liberal (meaning he of course hold the "correct" ideology, according to liberals). But Rush, well he is white, which means he could be a racist, and he is conservative, which means he definitely is a racist, and rich and influential while being conservative, which means he is evil (because we all know that rich influential liberals are never evil bigoted homophobes - just ask them!)

And incidentally, I fail to see why there was a flap about what Imus said either. It was more stupid than racist, and in this country, the Constitution guarantees anyone's right to be stupid. He was trying to be funny, and failed miserably. Big f*****g deal. Like nobody who is criticising him has ever said anything stupid, especially when trying to be funny!

Morons.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I have followed Rush's "sordid" career over the years. He is a Conservative BlowHard!
Of course, Liberals can't be blowhards, right?

Quote:
He couldn't have an original idea or opinion if he gave BIRTH to it!
Which, ironically enough, would make him strongly resemble a liberal.

Quote:
He's a MOUTHPIECE! (and a drug addict!)
BFD.

Quote:
So, without hearing the parody, I KNOW what it would sound like, and I think it is VILE and Hateful. Without seeing/hearing Rush's show on which he PROUDLY played it, I know it was INTENTIONALLY and maliciously "ordained" for the purpose of furthering his racist beliefs, and anti Democratic agenda.
Is your arrogance caused by your liberalism, or were you just raised that way?

Quote:
The very GOOD people of this country, who happen to be of a conservative mind and live in the "red" states, are being POISONED by people like Rush, who believe (or at least are paid to SPOUT) that all Democrats are Liberal Commies, and that we must support BUSH no matter HOW MANY lives are lost in his personal war of revenge and glory.
I suppose then, you must have the "correct" and "proper" ideology and perspective. I mean, only you enlightened liberals can see through Rush's game, right? Can you be even more condescending, with your belief that conservative folk are so weak minded so as to be vulnerable to being poisoned while you liberal minded types are strong enough to resist his evil? What arrogant condescention!

Quote:
And, to bolster his viewpoint, and gain support, he makes fun of, and ridicules Democrats for, "accepting" as equal citizens the Blacks in this country!
If democrats are so accepting of blacks as equal citizens, why is it then that democrats believe blacks are too stupid to make their own way in life and as such need help from democrats in the form of welfare and other gov't "assistance" programs? THAT isn't racist? Why is it always democrats bringing up a person race, be it in politics, entertainment, etc? You know, making a big deal about the first black ______. I just don't see how you can believe that and still walk upright.

Quote:
Conservatives have a problem with this ideal, MOSTLY because they listen ONLY to people like RUSH! Between the SIX* of them, they couldn't FIND a Black in their part of the country!! I KNOW this..... cuz I drive through it every week!
Like that isn't a bigoted statement!! To say nothing of your stereotyping and generalizations.

Quote:
So, having never been out of THEIR little corner of the world, they BELIEVE this B.S. and VOTE accordingly! They are nothing less than modern day "McCarthyists!" Afraid of their own shadow because it is Black!
Now you are really getting idiotic. Yep, all conservatives are racist, bigoted thugs who have never seen a black person in their lives, who live in their midwestern white bread world. And then after making all these arrogant condescending generalizations and engaging in blatant ignorant stereotyping, you have the gall to carry yourself with superiority because you claim not to engage in the same generalizations and stereotyping about blacks that you just did about white conservatives!?!?! You are a hypocrite to boot.

Quote:
To answer your question.... I can have an opinion on anything that I KNOW something about! I know Rush for the two-faced, hypocritical drug using, neocon sucking PIG that he IS! And I'm no fan of Al Sharpton, either! But, if I hear there is a parody song out there, using an imitator to SOUND like Sharpton.... I KNOW where that is going! Can YOU understand that?
You just exposed yourself as a hypocritical, arrogant, condescending closed minded liberal bigot. Assuming what you say about Rush is true, you could do well to be his liberal counterpart!! Even if you didn't use drugs!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman
Quote:
I have followed Rush's "sordid" career over the years. He is a Conservative BlowHard!
Of course, Liberals can't be blowhards, right?

Quote:
He couldn't have an original idea or opinion if he gave BIRTH to it!
Which, ironically enough, would make him strongly resemble a liberal.

Quote:
BFD.

Quote:
So, without hearing the parody, I KNOW what it would sound like, and I think it is VILE and Hateful. Without seeing/hearing Rush's show on which he PROUDLY played it, I know it was INTENTIONALLY and maliciously "ordained" for the purpose of furthering his racist beliefs, and anti Democratic agenda.
Is your arrogance caused by your liberalism, or were you just raised that way?

Quote:
The very GOOD people of this country, who happen to be of a conservative mind and live in the "red" states, are being POISONED by people like Rush, who believe (or at least are paid to SPOUT) that all Democrats are Liberal Commies, and that we must support BUSH no matter HOW MANY lives are lost in his personal war of revenge and glory.
I suppose then, you must have the "correct" and "proper" ideology and perspective. I mean, only you enlightened liberals can see through Rush's game, right? Can you be even more condescending, with your belief that conservative folk are so weak minded so as to be vulnerable to being poisoned while you liberal minded types are strong enough to resist his evil? What arrogant condescention!

Quote:
If democrats are so accepting of blacks as equal citizens, why is it then that democrats believe blacks are too stupid to make their own way in life and as such need help from democrats in the form of welfare and other gov't "assistance" programs? THAT isn't racist? Why is it always democrats bringing up a person race, be it in politics, entertainment, etc? You know, making a big deal about the first black ______. I just don't see how you can believe that and still walk upright.

Quote:
Conservatives have a problem with this ideal, MOSTLY because they listen ONLY to people like RUSH! Between the SIX* of them, they couldn't FIND a Black in their part of the country!! I KNOW this..... cuz I drive through it every week!
Like that isn't a bigoted statement!! To say nothing of your stereotyping and generalizations.

Quote:
So, having never been out of THEIR little corner of the world, they BELIEVE this B.S. and VOTE accordingly! They are nothing less than modern day "McCarthyists!" Afraid of their own shadow because it is Black!
Now you are really getting idiotic. Yep, all conservatives are racist, bigoted thugs who have never seen a black person in their lives, who live in their midwestern white bread world. And then after making all these arrogant condescending generalizations and engaging in blatant ignorant stereotyping, you have the gall to carry yourself with superiority because you claim not to engage in the same generalizations and stereotyping about blacks that you just did about white conservatives!?!?! You are a hypocrite to boot.

Quote:
To answer your question.... I can have an opinion on anything that I KNOW something about! I know Rush for the two-faced, hypocritical drug using, neocon sucking PIG that he IS! And I'm no fan of Al Sharpton, either! But, if I hear there is a parody song out there, using an imitator to SOUND like Sharpton.... I KNOW where that is going! Can YOU understand that?
You just exposed yourself as a hypocritical, arrogant, condescending closed minded liberal bigot. Assuming what you say about Rush is true, you could do well to be his liberal counterpart!! Even if you didn't use drugs!

Its blowheart, not blowhard sound like something a queer would say...lol
Time to print another retraction for speeking my mind, you know we cant do this in our country anymore....lol
Old 05-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Senior Board Member

There is so much fun stuff here from golf hobo that we all could pick apart. However, I will just pick some highlights.
Quote:
Yep, Rush got addicted to painkillers. So? He is an Entertainer. When Brett Farve became addicted to the same pain killers and had to go to treatment, I didnt stop watching football. I promise if Rush ever runs for office, I wont vote for him. Why do you democrats like to vote for drug addicts?
JFK = Junkie with nukes
Rush= Junkie with a microphone
Which is worse?
Hell, Obama is an admitted junkie. Let me guess, you democrats give him a pass because he is black and anyone that points out that Obama is an admitted junkie is just being racist. Am I right?

Quote:
I listen to all sorts of things from financial radio to even air america when I need a laugh. However i dont listen to Rush. Rush isnt on XM and also Im at work all day.
As far as black people in my part of the country. I have a black guy who lives a few doors down from me. He is a VP at Walmart Corporate. He earned the ability to live in my neighborhood. Just like any person of any race, anyone is welcome to move into my neighborhood, they just have to be able to afford it. Here is a huge difference between liberals and conservatives. You liberals think I should lower the value of my neighborhood so more "disadvantaged" people can move in. Conservatives like me feel I should keep my neighborhood like it is and ENCOURAGE those who cant afford to live there to EARN their own way. NO SPECIAL TREATMENT!

Quote:
This is such a laugh. Democrats dont think of blacks as equals. They feel the blacks need special treatment. EQUALITY = NO SPECIAL TREATMEMT.
Funny that it seems the most "democrat" areas of the country have the highest populations of poor minority people in lower class neighborhoods. My area is very GOP and yet the blacks in my area are educated and middle and upper middle class....we dont have a ghetto here....also strange that they tend to vote GOP. Funny how that works. Guess what, golf? We welcome those successful blacks into the GOP. Conservatism ISNT ABOUT RACE....IT IS ABOUT PEOPLE BEING SELF SUPPORTING. Its about solving and overcoming your own problems. Not expecting the gov or the taxpayers to solve them for you.
Personally, I think the most racist thing you can say to a minority is "Here, have some free money for doing nothing, we know you cant earn it by yourself". Sorry, the liberals corner the market on that way of thinking.