Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
Quote:
massage therapy.
I wonder if my wife would mind? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah...we're "onto something" now!
I think we accomplished something here today!

...and who knows...God works in mysterious ways. You may find she also enjoys getting a little rough...maybe spank you too!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well here we go, this week starts no meds. My choice again, Iguess I like the punishment :?

:lol:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
Well here we go, this week starts no meds. My choice again, Iguess I like the punishment ........
Sometimes the pain simply cannot be cured, and I wouldn't have said that if you had not made that comment in an earlier thread. Not an encouraging thought, but you need to know.

I'd try accupuncture. Let the accupuncturist (SP?) decide what can work and what won't.

My wife's pain will subside. Special shoes (they look like tennis shoes) to correct her step is helping. She was slightly bowlegged :lol: before they replaced her knees and now she isn't and that threw things all outa whack. The joint (hers :lol: ) is fine, it's all soft tissue pain.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Senior Board Member

so how did this past week go slimland? :?:
Old 04-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavega
so how did this past week go slimland? :?:
It went alright I guess, I was more irritable than usual, and thats pretty bad. :lol:

My back was killing me though! That is one of the withdrawls.

And now no meds, the pain of course has increased. But I get a new treating doc, monday. My last one move back to NM. So I found one who works well with my Pain Doc.

I feel my mesh moving even more now when I stoop, bend, koff, or take too big of a step. But hope fully in the next century "work Comp" that will be taken care of!
It is the waiting game now, I get a new doc, he request a new surgeon, WC Insurance denies, I go to court again for the 6th time and win again.
Same old story for the past 3 years. I talked to my old Lawyer on this, and he told me, that the insurance will fight anything, not only do they not want to pay for another surgery, but I found out, that my MMI, was held open for change. So now I can fight my MMI, and get it increased.

Not only that, but if by chance the last surgeon did do something wrong, then I have the right to sue, exspecialy over such a simple surgery. But if it is just the nerve's acting up more than usual, then it would be the same old story.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Update---

Well now I have seen another surgeon and have gone through a nerve test, and a Cat scan. After 3 years of the docs telling me I have nerve damage, the nerve test shows all my major pathways are fine--hence no nerve damage. So my pain is local, wich means it is the mesh that is giving me problems.
The cat scan shows I have a collection of fluid under the mesh, Not sure if it is because of sugery's or pain injections? But either way the plane is to install a nerve stimulator to try to block the pain, and if it don't work, then remove the mesh. So I am looking at 2 to 3 surgery's.
I was informed that removing the mesh might just make me a whole lot worse than I am now. the doc say's "You think you messed up now, there is a 50% chance you will be worse after the removal"
So I opted for the neve stimulator, and hope it works at blocking the pain at least to where I can bear it!

My friends here on CAD, I am sorry that I have not posted very much. I realy don't have much to say. I am going through a sever bout of deppression, and some famly problems. And most of the topics that interest me, I find my self double minded on, and hipocritical. So I think it best to just stand aside and just read.

Thanks
Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-19-2007, 05:13 PM

Hey Slim

I know a lil about what ur going thru. I wish you the best of luck please keep us posted.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Well the pain has increased to an almost uberable amount, Have been put back on the meds, and there not doing the job. Now it is Percocet 7.5-5, and Kadian extended release {Morphin}.

I had a Cat scan and it showed fluid under the mesh, and the nerve test showed no nerve damage, so the pain is from the mesh...

I was told by a neighbor and my dad about a lawsuit against a mesh company. So I grabbed my surgical report, and guess what!!!

I have the same brand of mesh inside my body, and the recall on the mesh was done 11 months after my first surgery and I was never told..

I will be speaking to my New surgeon some time this week, Then if it defanantly is the mesh I will be seeing a Lawyer!
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 06-04-2007, 04:16 AM
Board Icon

Slim: I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. I would definitely see the lawyer... NOW!

Regardless of whether the mesh is part of the "recall" or "report," I'd get that sh$t OUT OF MY BODY..... NOW!!!

Even if the mesh is not at fault, it sounds like the surgery was botched. I'd want to have it UNDONE, and REDONE!

This is NOT rocket science.... it's a hernia surgery, right?

Surgeries can be REDONE.... mostly successfully.

Those pills are KILLING you, man!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Slim: I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. I would definitely see the lawyer... NOW!

Regardless of whether the mesh is part of the "recall" or "report," I'd get that sh$t OUT OF MY BODY..... NOW!!!

Even if the mesh is not at fault, it sounds like the surgery was botched. I'd want to have it UNDONE, and REDONE!

This is NOT rocket science.... it's a hernia surgery, right?

Surgeries can be REDONE.... mostly successfully.

Those pills are KILLING you, man!
Man don't I know it!!!

The other day I felt Gods presence, ohh how I missed that, I wasn't worthy that is for sure.

Today Jesus comforted me, I lost my job, due to my health issues. And that is exactly what was said.

I have my treating Doc, trying to get me into the surgeon, and if they won't do it, they will get another from a another local Hospital... I also requested off the percocet's and Kadian, and went back to vicaprofen.. Less powerful, but I can function if I don't do too much.

So now I guess I will go on unemployment, since my health is an issue and my phisical ability's are limited... But my boss fought for me against the owner and the GM.. and he left me rehirable once I take care of this going on.. But I don't know if I would go back.. Maybe my buisness will grow, and wont have too, only God knows, and that is what I am counting on, His Guidance!!

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 06-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
The other day I felt Gods presence, ohh how I missed that, I wasn't worthy that is for sure.
Man, you gotta quit thinking THIS way! I realize that we are taught that we aren't "worthy" of his Grace, but that is for when we were sinners and had NOT accepted his gift. ONCE you've done that... you are "worthy as the lamb" and have the POWER to "invoke" his grace and intercession!

As many have said, if you haven't felt his presence lately, it is not HE who went fishing! :lol:

Sounds like your boss did the right thing. You are not at fault here. ONCE you get this cleared up, you would have every RIGHT to go back to work there. Don't hold it against them if it was just a business decision.

Quote:
only God knows, and that is what I am counting on, His Guidance!!
But, don't forget the old military TRUTH!.... Praise God, and PASS THE AMMUNITION! You gotta keep doing YOUR part, as well!

I wish you the best, my friend! Staying out of work for awhile to get this FIXED, is not the worst thing that can happen!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.