User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I know exaclty what you are going thru. Right now I am having a fit with my insurance company. I was started with samples on a new anti seizure drug a couple weeks ago to try to stop the seizures I have been having., Guess what they stopped completely YES I can function again. But neither Medicad or my Part D will cover it without written approval. My doctor is jumping thru hoop after hoop trying to get me approved for it. Then to make sure I don't have anymore he is going to put in basically a brain pacemaker AKA a Vagal Nerve Stimulator which means no more metal detectors for me.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
The other day I felt Gods presence, ohh how I missed that, I wasn't worthy that is for sure.
Man, you gotta quit thinking THIS way! I realize that we are taught that we aren't "worthy" of his Grace, but that is for when we were sinners and had NOT accepted his gift. ONCE you've done that... you are "worthy as the lamb" and have the POWER to "invoke" his grace and intercession!

As many have said, if you haven't felt his presence lately, it is not HE who went fishing! :lol:

Sounds like your boss did the right thing. You are not at fault here. ONCE you get this cleared up, you would have every RIGHT to go back to work there. Don't hold it against them if it was just a business decision.

Quote:
only God knows, and that is what I am counting on, His Guidance!!
Quote:
But, don't forget the old military TRUTH!.... Praise God, and PASS THE AMMUNITION! You gotta keep doing YOUR part, as well!

I wish you the best, my friend! Staying out of work for awhile to get this FIXED, is not the worst thing that can happen!

Quote:
Man, you gotta quit thinking THIS way! I realize that we are taught that we aren't "worthy" of his Grace, but that is for when we were sinners and had NOT accepted his gift. ONCE you've done that... you are "worthy as the lamb" and have the POWER to "invoke" his grace and intercession!

As many have said, if you haven't felt his presence lately, it is not HE who went fishing! :lol:

Sounds like your boss did the right thing. You are not at fault here. ONCE you get this cleared up, you would have every RIGHT to go back to work there. Don't hold it against them if it was just a business decision.
Hobo it's not my thought, it was the feeling of complete forgivness is what I was talking about. Maybe I just put it wrong. I know I am worthy, and am like Christ in Gods eye's, for when He looks at me, that is what He see's, the shed blood of our Savior, and therefor see's His Son.
Even though God can choose to lose His mind, I cannot, my flesh wont let me. :lol:
That is what I was refering too. And yes I am the one who went fishing, I just forgot to bring Him along. :shock:

As for my Boss, I hold no ill will for him or the company. I understand, but it still hurt.
That was me whollowing in my self pity, I got soo depressed this last year, because what I used to be able to do, I cant'. But now I realize that God does have a plann, I just have to trust, and keep the Amunition ready. :lol:

You Hobo have been a good friend, We have argued, we have debated, we have joined together and agreed on some things. We have shared Idea's and thoughts, and still we have kept it civil.. You and some other's on this board, have always been there, since I had joined in 2005 2 months after you did. And all of us have been there for each other..
I thank you.
Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I know exaclty what you are going thru. Right now I am having a fit with my insurance company. I was started with samples on a new anti seizure drug a couple weeks ago to try to stop the seizures I have been having., Guess what they stopped completely YES I can function again. But neither Medicad or my Part D will cover it without written approval. My doctor is jumping thru hoop after hoop trying to get me approved for it. Then to make sure I don't have anymore he is going to put in basically a brain pacemaker AKA a Vagal Nerve Stimulator which means no more metal detectors for me.
I pray for you Ironeagle, that has to be a dangerous thing. Why do people have seizure's anyway, I have never understood it?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 06-06-2007, 12:10 PM

For me the Neurologists think that it is from to many head injuries. I played Football in HS and in Colledge and was on the line and the first thing that hit all the time always was the head. I can not remember over 1/2 the games I played in due to concussions. But when you play IRONMAN go both ways for the entire game due to the fact your team has only 20 players total on the team you do what you have to. What a Seizure is it is a electrical storm in the brain and it overloads the brain and causes it to basically shutdown. There are mutliple types there is the full Grand Mal Seizure where the body goes into spasms that is what I have.

The other kinds are called Complex Partials where one or more part of the body are affected and the person may not be able to answer you. The other is Partial seizure where they look like they are not there at all yet the person having one is not repsonding at all.

What to do if you see some one having a seizure. 1 DO NOT PUT ANYTHING INTO THEIR MOUTH. THE PERSON TOUNGE WORKS BETTER THAN A STICK AND ALSO WILL NOT CAUSE ANY INJURES TO YOU. 2 DO NOT HOLD THEM DOWN HOLDING A PERSON DOWN THAT IS HAVIG A SEIZURE CAN HURT THEM WORSE AND ALSO INJURE YOU JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL THINGS OUT OF THE WAY THAT COULD CAUSE INJURY IF POSSIBLE. 3 AFTER IT STOPS MAKE SURE THE PERSON STARTS TO BREATHE AGAIN. 4 IF NO ONE KNOWS THE PERSON CALL 911 AND STAY AROUND TO TELL THE PARAMEDICS WHAT YOU SAW. 5 IF POSSIBLE ROLL THE PERSON ONTO THEIR SIDE THIS WAY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO BREATHE EASIER. The person that had the seizure may be confused and also have gone to the bathroom on themselves they can not help it at all also there may also be some blood from the mouth and any injuries.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
For me the Neurologists think that it is from to many head injuries. I played Football in HS and in Colledge and was on the line and the first thing that hit all the time always was the head. I can not remember over 1/2 the games I played in due to concussions. But when you play IRONMAN go both ways for the entire game due to the fact your team has only 20 players total on the team you do what you have to. What a Seizure is it is a electrical storm in the brain and it overloads the brain and causes it to basically shutdown. There are mutliple types there is the full Grand Mal Seizure where the body goes into spasms that is what I have.

The other kinds are called Complex Partials where one or more part of the body are affected and the person may not be able to answer you. The other is Partial seizure where they look like they are not there at all yet the person having one is not repsonding at all.

What to do if you see some one having a seizure. 1 DO NOT PUT ANYTHING INTO THEIR MOUTH. THE PERSON TOUNGE WORKS BETTER THAN A STICK AND ALSO WILL NOT CAUSE ANY INJURES TO YOU. 2 DO NOT HOLD THEM DOWN HOLDING A PERSON DOWN THAT IS HAVIG A SEIZURE CAN HURT THEM WORSE AND ALSO INJURE YOU JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL THINGS OUT OF THE WAY THAT COULD CAUSE INJURY IF POSSIBLE. 3 AFTER IT STOPS MAKE SURE THE PERSON STARTS TO BREATHE AGAIN. 4 IF NO ONE KNOWS THE PERSON CALL 911 AND STAY AROUND TO TELL THE PARAMEDICS WHAT YOU SAW. 5 IF POSSIBLE ROLL THE PERSON ONTO THEIR SIDE THIS WAY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO BREATHE EASIER. The person that had the seizure may be confused and also have gone to the bathroom on themselves they can not help it at all also there may also be some blood from the mouth and any injuries.
What a terrible deseas, that is kinda frightning..

I know this is personal, but are you a believer in Jesus Christ?

Befor you get offended {if you do}, Please realize that I am a believer and have been on this board for about 2 years. I mean no disrespect by this question, and would not judge whether you are or not. Ask anyone here who knows me! I ask only for curiosity, and you after 2 years of being on here, are maybe the 4th person I have ever asked of this.

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 06-06-2007, 03:42 PM

Yes I do beleive in Jesus Christ I feel he is using me to teach others on what Epilepsy is. Alot of people still have no clue what it is and think why can't you just stop having seizures. Trust me if it was that easy I would. I am now looking at one of 2 options major and I mean MAJOR surgey were they remove the portion of the brain that is causing the siezures or the VNS that sends an impluse up a nerve and keeps them from happening the VNS is the 1st step the surgery is the last resort.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I do beleive in Jesus Christ I feel he is using me to teach others on what Epilepsy is. Alot of people still have no clue what it is and think why can't you just stop having seizures. Trust me if it was that easy I would. I am now looking at one of 2 options major and I mean MAJOR surgey were they remove the portion of the brain that is causing the siezures or the VNS that sends an impluse up a nerve and keeps them from happening the VNS is the 1st step the surgery is the last resort.
Thankyou for answering my question.

Today I have learned something about a desease, that imo is scary!!
I remember that Jesus faced a demon, who made a man have confulsions. And I know as a believer that yours has to do with you body.
I will pray that you God answers you in your choice. And if it is His will for you to have Surgery, then I pray that the Lord guid's the surgeons hands, and blesses them..

I invite you to a discussion. Heres the link.

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...369&highlight=
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Well just seen ANOTHER surgeon again, and the new Cat scan showed nothing..

So why the pain, Her answer The Mesh for sure.. BUT she will not take it out.. So it looks like I am going to have to wait for my original surgeon to come back from Iraq, befor I can get anything done.

My friends I need some thoughts--

Here is the situation-- If I have the surgery, according to the most recent surgeon #3, there is a 75% chance of being worse off, and loosing my left friend. And being in more pain..

According to #2 Surgeon, it is a 50-50 ratio, with the same outcome.

Havn't been able to talk to #1 for the fact she is in Iraq. Which to tell the truth, if I was to have it done, I would want her to do it, for the fact she had put it in and knows what and where it is, and what it is connected too.

With these options, I am not sure what I want to do.
I am tired of Pain, and tired of Pain pills. I have many times taking myself off of them only to end up back on them.. I have finaly got it down to just Vicodin instead of Oxycotin and Morphin.

I cant work and have a hard time just functioning without them. But I hate them, Not only do I have enough bad habits, But now after 3 years I know I have a dependency..

I have been without to see if the pain is from them. and no it is not..

Sorry didn't mean to keep going, but I am sick of it!
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 07-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Do you go to that Epilepsy forum? It's quite good.

It's on this site:
http://www.epilepsy.com/
Karen Kline
Old 07-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
Well just seen ANOTHER surgeon again, and the new Cat scan showed nothing..

So why the pain, Her answer The Mesh for sure.. BUT she will not take it out.. So it looks like I am going to have to wait for my original surgeon to come back from Iraq, befor I can get anything done.

My friends I need some thoughts--

Here is the situation-- If I have the surgery, according to the most recent surgeon #3, there is a 75% chance of being worse off, and loosing my left friend. And being in more pain..

According to #2 Surgeon, it is a 50-50 ratio, with the same outcome.

Havn't been able to talk to #1 for the fact she is in Iraq. Which to tell the truth, if I was to have it done, I would want her to do it, for the fact she had put it in and knows what and where it is, and what it is connected too.

With these options, I am not sure what I want to do.
I am tired of Pain, and tired of Pain pills. I have many times taking myself off of them only to end up back on them.. I have finaly got it down to just Vicodin instead of Oxycotin and Morphin.

I cant work and have a hard time just functioning without them. But I hate them, Not only do I have enough bad habits, But now after 3 years I know I have a dependency..

I have been without to see if the pain is from them. and no it is not..

Sorry didn't mean to keep going, but I am sick of it!
Gosh, I am so sorry to read this thread and all that you are going through.

(((((((((Slimland))))))))

I wouldn't worry about being dependant on the pain meds, I'm pretty sure that if you weren't in pain you could kick them.

It worries me that you want to wait three years for the first doc to come back from Iraq.

I think it's hard to find a good doctor, but ... I'm pretty sure most of them could figure things out when it was before their eyes...

((((((((Slimland))))))))

have you found a forum where you can talk to a lot of other guys who have had experience with this????

I go to the back pain support group at this site, and it's very helpful...

here's the link for "Men's Health"
http://boards.webmd.com/webx?50@@.5984525d
Karen Kline