LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Thanks for the update, Slim! ALL good news!!!

I especially liked the part about the management job! Seems I remember someone being "all worried" recently about where the financial relief would come from! :wink:

Now..... put the MASK back on!!! :lol:

Oh.... and if you don't want to have to go through this ALL OVER AGAIN.... you might want to take a look at your avatar, and learn how to SIT properly.... instead of SQUATTING all the time!! :shock: :lol:
Mask is back on, I will delete the pic. Well when you websling, that sometimes is the easiest way to land.

I seen my doc today, she said I am doing great, and that I can return the 25th with limitations, like no lifting more than 20lbs etc, so I am ready, and that leaves me still one more week of recovery and to start getting up early again.

I am still in thought on if I want the asst position. at the time it sounded good and all, but I have been there with fast food, and though retail is a little diffrent, I don't know if the stress is, and the time with the famly. What I might do is let someone else take it, like a deptmanager, and take there spot. that way I can get a better feel for it, and learn a little more about retail, then maybe get into the upper managment. I dunno just thinking, I think I will pray on it, and see what God leads me to do.

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Senior Board Member

I start back to work tomorrow, YEAH! I talked to the GM and told him right now I don't want the asst. Posistion.. I told him not now, I don't want to be available.. Just not what I want right now..

I want to thank all of y'all for the support and Prayers!

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

That's great. Good luck!! Don't work too hard. 8)
Old 02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Board Icon

Great news, Slim! Now..... don't use the websling to dismount the truck!! Use the handrails!

And don't strain yourself carrying that big paycheck to the bank!! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Senior Board Member

It has been awhile since I have posted on this topic..

Life without the pill!

Hmm, well I havn't realy had life without the pill.. But now that the pain has seem to decrease a little, I think I might just try it..
This will be kinda hard I have been though it before, but always seem to go back, becuase of the pain.. Now I will see if the pain is realy lessend, or if it is just the meds covering it up..

Hobo you said that I needed to not think about this crap, cause if I did then more than likley I would get addicted..
Well for a FACT I know I am Dependent on it.. In order for me to even get out of bed, I have to have my Oxy Cotin. Just recently I went through Full Blown Morphine Withdrawls when the insurance company decided to not pay for my medication.. That my friends was not fun..
Bloo Moo had told y'all I said Hi, and that I was sick.. Well that was what I was sick from.. Only Road Hog knew the truth..

So Now I am Realy going to try to live without this Crap in my system. I feel like a fucking drug addict. Maybe I will start drinking instead.. :lol:

But serously I have tried every thing that is non Habit forming, and none worked to quell the pain.. So here we go it is time, and if I can make it through morphine, Oxy shouldn't be any worse..

Slimland

See yall soon, I will be back in a few days..
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 09-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland

Life without the pill!

Hmm, well I havn't realy had life without the pill.. But now that the pain has seem to decrease a little, I think I might just try it..
This will be kinda hard I have been though it before, but always seem to go back, becuase of the pain.. Now I will see if the pain is realy lessend, or if it is just the meds covering it up..

Hobo you said that I needed to not think about this crap, cause if I did then more than likley I would get addicted..
Well for a FACT I know I am Dependent on it.. In order for me to even get out of bed, I have to have my Oxy Cotin. Just recently I went through Full Blown Morphine Withdrawls when the insurance company decided to not pay for my medication.. That my friends was not fun..
Bloo Moo had told y'all I said Hi, and that I was sick.. Well that was what I was sick from.. Only Road Hog knew the truth..

So Now I am Realy going to try to live without this Crap in my system. I feel like a **** drug addict. Maybe I will start drinking instead.. :lol:

But serously I have tried every thing that is non Habit forming, and none worked to quell the pain.. So here we go it is time, and if I can make it through morphine, Oxy shouldn't be any worse..

Slimland

Oxycotin is some nasty nasty stuff.
Will be thinking of you Slimland. :sad: :sad:
Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland

Life without the pill!

So Now I am Realy going to try to live without this Crap in my system. I feel like a **** drug addict. Maybe I will start drinking instead.. :lol:

Slimland

Quote:
Oxycotin is some nasty nasty stuff.
Will be thinking of you Slimland. :sad: :sad:
Thanks TruckersWyfe..

I made it through it, and It was NOTHING like morphine.. I was still able to work Monday, and today.. The worst of it was over the weekend, but by sunday night I was feeling better, thanks to ALOTE of beer.. :lol:
I havn't drank beer like that since I was a kid, My God a 6 pack will last me all year long..

Now lets see if the pain is less, Today it was excrutiating at times.. I leand up against the counter putting pressure on my arms and hands.. Like streatching you back, and whallla, it eased up..
I wonder if that nerve grew back through scare tissue..?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 09-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Glad to hear you're feeling better Slim. Oxy is really tuff for some people to kick. If you're worried about that nerve growing back, maybe it's time for a check up.

Reb-

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Glad to hear you're feeling better Slim. Oxy is really tuff for some people to kick. If you're worried about that nerve growing back, maybe it's time for a check up.

Reb-
I have frequent check ups, from My surgeon and pain med doc.. It did grow back.. :?
But it has nothing to grow too, I apparently am in a 5% catagory.. It is not common, but not unheard of either..
I have had many injections, they just make it worse. They have fried it, but it only takes around a week to grow back..
But I am hanging so far, the thing that is getting me right now is the High Blood pressure, I think that is just adding to it.. Damn 35 years old and falling apart..
You know I get soo damn depressed. I used to do this, I used to do that, etc whine whine whine..

If you people only knew, what I think or what I really believed about life and other things, I think it would realy shock some of you..
I have been Nothing but honest here, But in real life I am an asshole who realy does speak his mind.. I mean no disrespect, but they take it that way.. Oh well!
Sorry just frustrated.

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 09-18-2008, 03:03 AM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

It's time to kick the frustration and have a good ole 1/2 price Sonic Route 44 coke!!

Humphry Davy