Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wot i life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
[color=blue]Wot!!

What considerations have been given to the fall-out??

color]
Awwww you know I,m only venting my anger against our #%$$# governments lack of actions Useless mate? This issue though is creating a sense of anger throughout the U.K and people here want a swift resolution to Iran/Iraq.
OUR fault, ENTIRELY, mate!! We ruined you the day we opened the first McDonald's franchise in London!

The Brits "I" met in my travels, would rather wait for a basket of fish and chips, and drink a brew or two while waiting. During that time, each patron would propose the most preposterous solution to a problem, followed by hours of debate (and more pints) and then we'd all go home satisfied that WE won the war, and not a fist was thrown in anger! :lol:

Contrary to popular belief, Mesopatamia was NOT the "Cradle of Civilization." The pubs of London were! Now, you bitch if your cellphone rings before your Happy Meal is delivered! Just like Americans! :roll:

Could it be possible that, WE in America, are once again in need of a role model??? And the stiff upper lip has been replaced by the blabbering mouth of the Americans, and a populace concerned only with the latest American Idol?

Has Pepsi replaced afternoon tea?

I weep. Poor York. I knew him well.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh
Default Re: Iran. Our survey says.....Nuke the bastards!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Britain has not "gone to war" with anyone other than the Falkland Islands since WWII! And they WON'T go to war with Iran BY THEMSELVES for this, or any other reason (other than an invasion of their soil.)
Errrrm so we never fought in Korea, Aden, Oman, Borneo, Kenya etc etc? Fact is Britain has hardly known a period of peace since 1945.. And we Do have an independant nuclear capability. :wink:

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 04-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Mcdonalds in London is not all we have to thank America for.....
And in return we offer our gifts of CJD, bird flu ,foot and mouth disease... :lol:

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Hobo mate, when you refer to Britain as the nation where foreign diplomacy "originated", do you mean our invention of the concentration camps? (Boer War), Our gunboat diplomacy? Or our excessive taxation on former colonies? :lol:

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Iran. Our survey says.....Nuke the bastards!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Britain has not "gone to war" with anyone other than the Falkland Islands since WWII! And they WON'T go to war with Iran BY THEMSELVES for this, or any other reason (other than an invasion of their soil.)
Errrrm so we never fought in Korea, Aden, Oman, Borneo, Kenya etc etc? Fact is Britain has hardly known a period of peace since 1945.. And we Do have an independant nuclear capability. :wink:

Um, Korea was AFTER WWII, and I'm pretty sure you went at our request. It was not YOUR ship that was captured THAT time.

The rest, I believe were earlier. Did you see where I said SINCE the Falkland Islands????

And, NO.... You DON'T have an independant nuclear capability. In theory, yes. But, try launching them without agreement and backing of the U.S.!!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Hobo mate, when you refer to Britain as the nation where foreign diplomacy "originated", do you mean our invention of the concentration camps? (Boer War), Our gunboat diplomacy? Or our excessive taxation on former colonies? :lol:
No.... I was referring to your EXCELLENT efforts at convincing the world that you were their "savior" BEFORE you had to result to violence! :lol:

I refer to the fact that (Pre-Saddam) Iraq, and many other countries in the Mid East would not have BEEN considered "cultural centers" without your influence and educational efforts.

Many Americans still don't know, or won't believe, that both Iraq AND Iran were at one time cultural GIANTS in the Mideast! Higher percentages of educated adults than BOTH our countries!

WHY do you think it IS that most of the World speaks English??? Because of the American influence??? I don't think so!

Due MOSTLY to the influences of Great Britain.

Yet, we want to lump the intelligencia with the revolutionaries... and NUKE them ALL!!!????

Old 04-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Senior Board Member

"nuke 'em"...typical American knee jerk reaction to everything.... these are British MARINES and sailors, what they weren't armed? Should have duked it out then and there. Sure, nuke them and then bitch and complain that fuel prices rise....fortunately diplomacy and cooler heads will prevail...the nukes will be saved for another day.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2036
"nuke 'em"...typical American knee jerk reaction to everything.... these are British MARINES and sailors, what they weren't armed? Should have duked it out then and there. Sure, nuke them and then bitch and complain that fuel prices rise....fortunately diplomacy and cooler heads will prevail...the nukes will be saved for another day.
Diplomacy doesn't work with these rag heads, enough talking already. :twisted:
Old 04-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Wish they would, but I dont like the after-math that my diesel would probab;y go up even more. ;-p
Old 04-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Senior Board Member

golfhobo

Golfhobo I was to young to remember and did not have the resources that I now have when the whole thing happened with Sha but I do know that he was friendly and I am not certain how big the revolution was. Was it just a minority of fanatics, or was it the whole country? I only know that we seemed to welcome it from what I have read and as you have said we did nothing to help stop it. I believe that we had much more than I would like for responsibiltiy of keeping both in power. I know our money props up to many regimes that oppress the people of different countries. I am willing to listen to any knowledge you have on our past with Iran and Iraq and what actually happened. Of course as always I will take what you say and research and check it out further.

As far as Saddam I believe that I have read that we helped him in many ways, including propping him up economically and including supplying him weapons as we also helped train the Taliban. While I understand what you are stating about becoming isolationist sometimes looking at all we have put our hands into I think that many times we have created more distress than good.

When I speak of being an isolationist I am speaking of depending on ourselves for work, resources and security as I believe any independent nation should. I am not happy about our animals getting sick and wondering if this wheat has impacted our children and our human food from Asia. I think we should have most of our food products coming from American farmers with standards set down for protection of our people and any others we sell to. I don't think we need to pay our American Farmers not to farm so we can buy our product from foreign countries. I don't believe that we should ship our manufacturing jobs oversees or have our jobs outsourced. I think we need to depend on our own resources for everything we can and I know in the politically correct world this would be called an isolationist. And I see nothing wrong with this not for our country or any other.

As far as our interest I believe that to many people believe what they are being told by the media who does not care about truth or our interest at all. We have had 200 a mile gallon carburetors invented and yet when one young man took it to the media in the 70's or 80's and refused to sell out to the big oil corporations he had an untimely accident. Shortly after we went to fuel injection systems. I think it is the interest of a few elite people and not for the interest of this country that is being served.

Your quote:

As this tends to "isolate" the opposition in a sovereign country, we are seen as "propping up" the despotic forces that abuse the democratic voice of the people. And we become hated.

To protect OUR OWN interests, we have sold out the souls of the oppressed. For this, we are rightfully "damned."[/quote]

I see this happening here in America also. While I do find it despicable that our tax dollars are propping up the forces that are abusing many people in many countries I believe that those same people are doing the same thing in our own country.

I believe that many of the American people really and truly do not know what we have done to other countries. They are told that we are helping and doing that is right not only for us but for them. Those that have sold out the souls of the oppressed are attempting to oppress many in their own country. They neither protect this countries interest or anyone else's other than their own. There are no checks and balances in our system and government anymore. When it is all said and done I believe we will all be equally oppressed and upon reading the equitable distribution language it would seem that this is in motion.

I believe that first you need to solve your own problems and clean your own house before even thinking about helping someone else take care of theirs.

Goin Fer It's Wife