User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Half Price Mexican Drivers

The “Driver Shortage” is a Myth…kinda. I mean if the one advertises for say, Bank Tellers for $5 an hour and none applied the Bank Manager might say he has a “Bank Teller” shortage. “I advertised but we just can’t seem to fill all the positions needed”? UhHuh.

The truth is most major Truck Companies just don’t want to pay the wages that are necessary to fill the seats. At the 2005 “Trucking Carriers Conference” in Atlanta the Major Trucking Carriers (In attendance that week) came to the conclusion that to fill the needed empty seats and significantly reduce the driver turnover rate, ave. annual driver wages would have to be raised to $60,000 to $65,000.

According to this article it seems none of the carriers were too happy with this solution. So, they agreed to funnel $50 million into a DC lobby group to ensure ”Guest Worker” programs, allow immigrant (Mexican) workers to obtain CDL’s, and provide funding for their training (for free!). The article stated, “it seems the plan is not just to fill empty seats but to replace a major portion of the American drivers with much less expensive immigrant (Mexican) drivers, as much as 70% over five years”!

The article went on to state, “To get HB1 visa’s for these workers the rules state the job must be posted for two weeks with no qualified American applicants before the position can be filled by a guest worker. The positions must pay equivalent wages and benefits. How do they (The largest Carriers meeting in Atlanta that day) plan to circumvent this rule/requirement? Change the job description so there is no wage or benefit comparisons. Start everyone at very low “training wages” so no American driver would consider the position. With labor turnover at 130% a company just needs to let a truck sit idle for two weeks then fill it with an immigrant (Mexican) worker”! Here’s the paper if you’d like to see the entire article:
http://www.tombstonetumbleweed.com/P...bleSep0105.pdf

And what about “Attestments”. I understand there is a big move to allow attestments instead of the red tape to get a H1B Visa for a “guest worker”. A HB2 Visa has No requirement for “Labor Certification”. One just “attests” that one tried to hire 100 new drivers….. but alas, no Americans applied (for 19 cents per mile!) Please Homeland Security send me 100 Mexican “guest workers” to fill these jobs!

I guess Bank Tellers are next. I mean if I was a bank manager and had 15 tellers working at say $18 per hour might I “Attest” I need new ones (Trainees) for $5 per hour. “Hello Banco Popular Mexico City… yes, please send me 15 of your best tellers”.

What about the Manager at your neighborhood Walgreens. He’s making $67,500 a year. I’ll just send for Pedro from Matzalan, Mexico, he’s been managing the Farmacia there for 20 years now. He’d be happy to do it for $15,000 per year!

This movie is coming to your neighborhood soon!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Rookie
Default Celadon Fires it's Mexicans

Yea, Celadon just fired all 250 of it’s Mexican drivers that were driving Celadon trucks in America using H1B visa’s and getting .19 cent per mile. The Mexicans sued saying they should get paid the same as the Americans. So the CEO, Russell, told’em to empty their trucks, pack their bags and go back to Mexico! Too funny! Why have’em if you can’t use’em at half price I guess? I picked up a load at our Laredo yard last week and there must’ve been 200 bobtails parked on the grass!

Here’s the lawsuit article:

http://www.lmtonline.com/site/index....d=473478&rfi=8

The lawsuit claims Celadon is using their Mexican company JAGUAR as a front to illegally bring in Mexican drivers and drive down wages for the American drivers! WOW!

I guess them Mexican drivers were doing jobs Americans just don’t want to do….. drive trucks OTR in America?

Here’s what our CEO told the Senate Research Center:

“NEWS FROM THE SENATE RESEARCH CENTER, September 2004 Relative to the June 7, 2004 Supreme court ruling allowing Mexican trucks into the United States.
“The ruling has the support of companies such as Celadon Group, Inc., which says it will be able to employ lower-paid Mexican drivers to carry goods”. United States truckers earn an average of .34 per mile plus benefits, according to Celadon’s CEO, Stephen Russell, while a Mexican driver in Mexico is paid about 14 cents per mile.”

Here’s the article:
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

I’m not so sure how I feel about working for a company that is working so hard to REPLACE ME?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Please use the URL feature.
Some of these long links are too much.
Posts with this much to read,
becomes a chore scrolling.

The link can be minimized.
click URL then use = paste your link
then type something like...click here

it will look like this
click here

you can click the Preview button to see
if you got it right. If you did...you
will see your link as click here

Thanks...Hog.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Board Icon

Hey! THANKS, Hog... I didn't know how to use that feature, either! I will try it sometime.

Now.... if you can just intimidate all those posting pictures that exceed the TOS, and those who string question marks into two lines (like in the phophesy thread) into conforming.... I can get a good nights sleep! :lol:

I HATE HAVING TO SCROLL LEFT TO RIGHT TO READ A POST!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :x

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:54 PM

There are two mods available for phpBB that would really help, if installed.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=428992
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=243046
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Board Regular

I love it! It is amazing that these American employers don't think the Mexicans will start demanding that they be paid what they deserve. There was an article a few weeks ago about the meat processor Smithfield firing some suspected illegals because of the recent crackdown by the feds. The rest of the immigration questionable workers walked off the job and demanded that all further investigation and firings stop. They have returned to work now however they said they are seriously considering becoming "unionized". Hah, hah "unionized" isn't that the whole purpose of having the illegals so they can avoid unions and higher wages?

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 12-23-2006, 02:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Some of the Mexicans that hang out on the corner now want $15 an hour to do landscaping. For that price you can get an American.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Board Regular

that's almost like up here with all the east indians coming over and the government gives them a free ride and pays for all their training and these companies like Eldorado hire them, and then they undercut everybody because these guys are willing to work for such a cheap rate
Old 12-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
Please use the URL feature.
Some of these long links are too much.
Posts with this much to read,
becomes a chore scrolling.

The link can be minimized.
click URL then use = paste your link
then type something like...click here

it will look like this
click here

you can click the Preview button to see
if you got it right. If you did...you
will see your link as click here

Thanks...Hog.
hootsmonjoosloosabootthishoos Like this Hog?

Hey, I can do it..... Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeee :lol: :lol:
And I am the original buffoon when it comes to computers.. :wink:
Thanks Gary...

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 12-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Rookie

The truth is that these Mexicans arn't working dirt cheap like they used to. In fact, most jobs they have are pretty good paying.

I needed a job and wanted a change, I looked into road construction becasue they were starting at $16/hr and with some experience they were making $25+/hr. I called a few companies, it is hard to get to thier hiring deparment because they don't hire from the US for the most part. I got through and I was told be three different companies that because I didn't speak spanish, then I couldn't communicate with the other workers, and even if I did know spanish, the current workers don't like non-mexican workers. IOW: the mexicans have siezed that job market and are protecting it. They don't want Americans taking thier jobs back. I would like to put a discrimination suite agains these companies, but when a white male is discriminated against "it's not the same thing", it's called "reverse discrimination" and it is much harder to get through. Maby it isn't the company that is doing it directly, but if a bunch of white guys harrassed a mexican worker, papers would be filed.