User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Grab the tin foil and follow your leader... the sooner the better!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:18 AM

You're saying that Bush organized this conspiracy and felt

...no I did not say gw organized THIS conspiracy or how he felt...did I say that?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:19 AM

Grab the tin foil and follow your leader... the sooner the better

...grab this...hooha!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthunderdan
...no I did not say gw organized THIS conspiracy or how he felt...did I say that?
You are saying that you think the US gov't facilitated the 9/11 attacks. You think jo shmoe at some low level of the gov't organized this? Ohhh ohhh I know who did it!!! It was the Illuminati!!!

Also pretty handy that Bin Laden admitted to doing it. He must work for the Illuminati as well. Unless those tapes were just fake, which I guess is possible eh?

And profited? Who has profited from 9/11? Halliburton? Maybe they did it.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way a conspiracy of this magnitude against our citizens could be pulled off.

Especially for the end result of what? Invading Afganistan and Iraq? You really think thousands of people would sleep fine at night knowing they helped kill 3,000 innocent people to attack Al Queda? Ya'll crazy.

Know what would have been an even better conspiracy that would require so much less people involved? A "dirty bomb" placed in one of our cities and doctoring evidence to suggest that Iran did it.

Just think, Bush could have gotten congressional authorization to retailiate with nuclear means and wiped out Tehran over night, any evidence refuting that Iran did it would be destroyed in the blast, and we could have taken Iran's oil which is much better than Iraq's!

9/11 as a conspiracy doesn't make any sense, thousands of people involved, an extremly complicated system of events would have to take place, at any point a failure would mean basically the destruction of the US government because of people's reactions... I think Keep It Simple Stupid would apply here. And to top it all off, murdering 3,000 innocent people...

It is crazy!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:00 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

These whacko's are EVERYWHERE

We aren't even close to being the most taxed people in the world

You beat me to the punch on this-Some people ought to read a little bit before they post nonsense.

I suggest some people leave this country and find out what's going on in other countries.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
do any of you f rs realize the euro is stronger then the dollar.
im sick of taxes how about one of you discuss the fairtax plan. we americans r the most taxed people in the world yet we all tolerate it.
vote for none of the above,because they all suck
We aren't even close to being the most taxed people in the world. Most of Europe makes the U.S. look like a taxpayers paradise. Last time I looked Sweden takes over 60% of your income regardless of your income level. Having said that I do believe we pay too much.
Right... so why in the United States are the most wealthy NOT TAXED at all? I watched a discussion program that featured Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, and neither or them have to pay ANY TAX.

Wow???? Does that seem fair to you?

Is that a really good Republican tax law....
:?:

I wanted to find a clip from the video at You Tube... but so far... not.

I think that's because the discussion's on sale:
http://www.shoppbs.org/sm-pbs-buffett-and-gates-go-back-to-school-dvd--pi-2477747.html
Karen Kline
Old 11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Board Regular

Ummm, the top 5% of wage earners pay 53% of the federal income tax.

A lot of these people's wealth comes from capital gains in the companies they own. Keep in mind it is very hard to pay for things in hard assets. If Mr. Gates were to sell his Microsoft holdings he would have to pay 15% on the income he made from it.

Also keep in mind when he dies there is a huge tax on his estate.

Guess what? If you buy stock, you can hold on to it tax free too!!

Further more, just think if the tax rate was say 40-50% on selling stock? It would weaken the stock market which would cause job loss and wage reductions.

I'm for lowering EVERYONE's taxes, certainly not raising Bill Gate's tax burden (he is a liberal democrat by the way). I'm sick of government pork projects, particularly with federal funding of schools and other things that should be on a community to community basis. It is BS.

The government wastes so much money, and they want to raise taxes on the people that CREATE JOBS to pay for it, it isn't fair or right that the people that were the most succesful and do the MOST for the economy should be penalized.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
Ummm, the top 5% of wage earners pay 53% of the federal income tax.

A lot of these people's wealth comes from capital gains in the companies they own. Keep in mind it is very hard to pay for things in hard assets. If Mr. Gates were to sell his Microsoft holdings he would have to pay 15% on the income he made from it.

Also keep in mind when he dies there is a huge tax on his estate.

Guess what? If you buy stock, you can hold on to it tax free too!!

Further more, just think if the tax rate was say 40-50% on selling stock? It would weaken the stock market which would cause job loss and wage reductions.

I'm for lowering EVERYONE's taxes, certainly not raising Bill Gate's tax burden (he is a liberal democrat by the way). I'm sick of government pork projects, particularly with federal funding of schools and other things that should be on a community to community basis. It is BS.

The government wastes so much money, and they want to raise taxes on the people that CREATE JOBS to pay for it, it isn't fair or right that the people that were the most succesful and do the MOST for the economy should be penalized.
Do you think that if a person who owns a company would shutter it and stop that income because they have to pay 5% more in taxes? 10% more? If they would, then they must hate America, because that's a sure way to knock this country back 2 steps. Start closing businesses because of the CODB is exactly what you're saying. Oh and labor is the most important part of this country, not the business owners. Without labor, there is nothing. Remove a business owner, there will always be another to take their place. Remember, this is the best place to start a business. The American DreamTM so to speak.

Nice scare tactics. The rich never complain about being rich. It doesn't suck.
"More money, more problems"? Bee ess!
Old 11-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Board Regular

You said it yourself, America is a great place to start a business.

If you want to tax everyone half to death what would the incentive be to start a business? If the tax rate were the same on capital gains what would the point be in going into the stock market or investing?

Scare tactics? It is reality.

"Well I think I'll start a business, worry about the massive cost of starting it up, hiring employees, getting customers, and I'll do it for a 60% cut after expenses, government has to get their share to give money to the homeless lazy bums on the street!"

Keep in mind we're talking about capital gains here too. I'm sure Bill Gates makes a salary, of which he gets taxed to high heaven on. How much is his salary? I have no idea, but most of his wealth comes from the capital he owns in Microsoft. Like I said he may only pay 15% tax on it when he sells it, but if he sells it he no longer owns Microsoft, and it is pretty hard to pay for houses with stock.

Comparing capital gains to wages is like comparing apples to oranges. To say Bill Gates doesn't pay any tax is very disengenous.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
You said it yourself, America is a great place to start a business.

If you want to tax everyone half to death what would the incentive be to start a business? If the tax rate were the same on capital gains what would the point be in going into the stock market or investing?

Scare tactics? It is reality.

"Well I think I'll start a business, worry about the massive cost of starting it up, hiring employees, getting customers, and I'll do it for a 60% cut after expenses, government has to get their share to give money to the homeless lazy bums on the street!"

Keep in mind we're talking about capital gains here too. I'm sure Bill Gates makes a salary, of which he gets taxed to high heaven on. How much is his salary? I have no idea, but most of his wealth comes from the capital he owns in Microsoft. Like I said he may only pay 15% tax on it when he sells it, but if he sells it he no longer owns Microsoft, and it is pretty hard to pay for houses with stock.

Comparing capital gains to wages is like comparing apples to oranges. To say Bill Gates doesn't pay any tax is very disengenous.
And yet, in spite of the obstacles you state, thousands of new businesses are started every year. Maybe it's the write off for a new Hummer that the real estate agent needs to navigate those San Francisco hills.

There will always be someone who starts a business. No matter what the tax rate is. You appear to be distorting reality.

I have no comment on cap gains or Bill Gates. I never brought him up. I'm talking about straight income tax and the fact that raising the amount of what people who make over $200k pay would not stop anything. Someone will always come in behind them and supply the service, or make the product for cheaper and love every minute of it. Were there no new O/O's starting up when fuel was over $3 a gallon? Of course not. Truckers thought they could do it with the margins they drew up. Did some fail? Of course, but some did not and are better for it now.

Remember when tax rates were high in the nineties? Somehow businesses were started every day and a lot of them are rich now. How is that possible with massive income tax rates?